Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edwards .... 15:32 - Mar 27 with 3972 viewsMetal_Hacker

Really what is the point.

Just lost the ball a bit back and tried half ar5ed to win it back hanging a leg in.

His touch is awful , his control goes further than I can drop kick a ball

I’ve tried and tried with him but ....I think I’ve reached the end

Poll: If it were one or the other

Edwards .... on 16:19 - Mar 27 with 992 viewshaynes_toe1

Edwards .... on 16:03 - Mar 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

Top scorer and top assister until he was injured (and in fact still was when he came back two months later). People on here have the memory of a goldfish.

Just because the rest of the squad have been crap doesn't mean Edwards isn't also crap.
Edwards .... on 16:27 - Mar 27 with 967 viewsBluefish

Edwards .... on 16:16 - Mar 27 by bournemouthblue

1 in 30 is an exaggeration but I don't disagree with the sentiment

When a player is capable of a run like he had, I'd be looking at it and asking what needs to be done to make it a more regular thing

Good players are consistent, sadly we lack just about any of those, which is why we are midtable in such a poor league

Systems and tactics do play a part for sure and we know things went South under Lambert as the season wore on
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 16:19]

The run is a myth, yes he got some goals but he was still abysmal. Blackpool was probably his best but it was just a couple of moments. People used to count the assists as well and ignore that half of them were unintentional, at least one was a miscontrol

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Edwards .... on 16:34 - Mar 27 with 951 viewsMetal_Hacker

Top scorer and top assister until he was injured (and in fact still was when he came back two months later). People on here have the memory of a goldfish.

Sorry but that argument doesn’t make him a decent player NOW

Edwards .... on 16:34 - Mar 27 with 950 viewsbournemouthblue

Edwards .... on 16:27 - Mar 27 by Bluefish

The run is a myth, yes he got some goals but he was still abysmal. Blackpool was probably his best but it was just a couple of moments. People used to count the assists as well and ignore that half of them were unintentional, at least one was a miscontrol

I'd disagree a little bit that these were flukes though, he generally looked far more dangerous in that spell in general

We have just seen a rare flurry forward, which he was doing more regularly at the time

Maybe the side was better balanced and more confident at the time to unlock a bit more flair from him

Today he has looked bang average and has done since his injury, I do agree

I'm still not sure why we let Danny Rowe go who probably looked our best winger at times last season. In fairness, that was no great achievement but it's not like we have replaced him particularly well.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 17:22]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Edwards .... on 16:42 - Mar 27 with 934 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Edwards .... on 16:34 - Mar 27 by Metal_Hacker

Sorry but that argument doesn’t make him a decent player NOW

Where did I say it does?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Edwards .... on 16:44 - Mar 27 with 926 viewsMetal_Hacker

Edwards .... on 16:42 - Mar 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

Where did I say it does?

Well you seemed to be backing him so it seemed you were claiming he was a decent player

Perhaps be a little clearer as opposed to cryptic

He’s shocking < nothing cryptic there

Edwards .... on 16:46 - Mar 27 with 919 viewsBluefish

Edwards .... on 16:44 - Mar 27 by Metal_Hacker

Well you seemed to be backing him so it seemed you were claiming he was a decent player

Top tip. Give it a swerve, you will regret it otherwise

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Edwards .... on 16:49 - Mar 27 with 907 viewsMetal_Hacker

Edwards .... on 16:46 - Mar 27 by Bluefish

Top tip. Give it a swerve, you will regret it otherwise

Duly noted and not prepared to bite

Calling “a lot of fans having memories like a goldfish” or words similar is a little derogatory as well to be fair to a lot - also suggests they’re backing Edwards as a “player”

Maybe it’s just me

Anyway ...

Login to get fewer ads

Edwards .... on 17:02 - Mar 27 with 897 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Edwards .... on 16:44 - Mar 27 by Metal_Hacker

I disagree that he *is* crap, and the way he played earlier in the season is my evidence. He *has* been crap since he's come back from 2 months injured. Hope that's clear enough!

Edwards .... on 17:04 - Mar 27 with 889 viewsMetal_Hacker

Edwards .... on 17:02 - Mar 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

I disagree that he *is* crap, and the way he played earlier in the season is my evidence. He *has* been crap since he's come back from 2 months injured. Hope that's clear enough!

Problem being is he’s crap now. Past performances ain’t gonna help anyone right now !!!

That’s very clear

Edwards .... on 17:07 - Mar 27 with 880 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Edwards .... on 16:49 - Mar 27 by Metal_Hacker

Duly noted and not prepared to bite

Calling “a lot of fans having memories like a goldfish” or words similar is a little derogatory as well to be fair to a lot - also suggests they’re backing Edwards as a “player”

Maybe it’s just me

Anyway ...

Ignore Blubbers, he's a loon with a weird grudge against Edwards. I'm happy to debate with sensible posters.

My only point is that I don't think Edwards is a crap player fullstop. We've seen earlier in the season that he can be decent, and top scorer and assists speaks for itself. But I agree he's been crap since coming back. That was what my goldfish jibe was about. He hasn't always been crap this season, and it was only Blubbers bemoaning him back then.

To be honest I think most of the team is crap now.

Edwards .... on 17:08 - Mar 27 with 878 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Edwards .... on 17:04 - Mar 27 by Metal_Hacker

Problem being is he’s crap now. Past performances ain’t gonna help anyone right now !!!

That’s very clear

I don't disagree with that and haven't said otherwise.

Edwards .... on 17:11 - Mar 27 with 873 viewsPJH

Edwards .... on 17:07 - Mar 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

Ignore Blubbers, he's a loon with a weird grudge against Edwards. I'm happy to debate with sensible posters.

My only point is that I don't think Edwards is a crap player fullstop. We've seen earlier in the season that he can be decent, and top scorer and assists speaks for itself. But I agree he's been crap since coming back. That was what my goldfish jibe was about. He hasn't always been crap this season, and it was only Blubbers bemoaning him back then.

To be honest I think most of the team is crap now.

Actually I have never rated him either although I do not put in print so often as Bluefish. The good form that he had, briefly, at the start of the season was the exception rather than the normal. His normal has always been like today, in my opinion.
Edwards .... on 17:14 - Mar 27 with 869 viewsbilllm

No he's crap, gives stupid fouls away in dangerous places, wrong choice of cross everytime even if he does beat his man, which isn't often, all our wide men are crap,
Edwards .... on 17:16 - Mar 27 with 860 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Edwards .... on 17:11 - Mar 27 by PJH

Actually I have never rated him either although I do not put in print so often as Bluefish. The good form that he had, briefly, at the start of the season was the exception rather than the normal. His normal has always been like today, in my opinion.

Fair enough. I think his early season form shows there is something in there somewhere, but yeah it's few and far between.

Edwards .... on 17:20 - Mar 27 with 851 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Edwards .... on 17:14 - Mar 27 by billlm

No he's crap, gives stupid fouls away in dangerous places, wrong choice of cross everytime even if he does beat his man, which isn't often, all our wide men are crap,

He's crap now, he wasn't crap earlier. Top assister shows he wasn't always choosing the wrong cross. You're talking like he's always been crap, every game, which evidently isn't the case.

Why he's crap now I'm not sure, but then the whole team is crap now. Not sure why Edwards always gets singled out. I barely noticed Judge today, for example.

Edwards .... on 17:20 - Mar 27 with 849 viewsJamestownPrince

Back to Peterborough on a free perhaps
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024