Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? 09:54 - Apr 3 with 1829 viewsJimmyJazz

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 10:16 - Apr 3 with 1731 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 10:20 - Apr 3 with 1737 viewsjeera

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 10:16 - Apr 3 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Blue.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 10:26 - Apr 3 with 1714 viewsfooters

Well done to Blue Action for making our feelings known. The Supporters Trust and others have done absolutely nothing to represent the fanbase,so a voice like BA's is increasingly important.

This season is over. And yesterday's performance was indicative of why. So I'm not really sold on the 'it might affect the players' argument. Most of them quite obviously don't care anyway. But it is sleep Suffolk and anyone or anything making a noise is going to get grumbled at, I suppose.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 10:33 - Apr 3 with 1686 viewsjeera

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 10:26 - Apr 3 by footers

Well done to Blue Action for making our feelings known. The Supporters Trust and others have done absolutely nothing to represent the fanbase,so a voice like BA's is increasingly important.

This season is over. And yesterday's performance was indicative of why. So I'm not really sold on the 'it might affect the players' argument. Most of them quite obviously don't care anyway. But it is sleep Suffolk and anyone or anything making a noise is going to get grumbled at, I suppose.

It was the most polite protest anyone has ever seen.

It's not like there was an angry mob screaming abuse and throwing bricks at the players' cars.

It was a banner and quite a pleasant looking one at that.

Would the players have popped over to have a read anyway?

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 11:12 - Apr 3 with 1637 viewsGuthrum

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 10:33 - Apr 3 by jeera

It was the most polite protest anyone has ever seen.

It's not like there was an angry mob screaming abuse and throwing bricks at the players' cars.

It was a banner and quite a pleasant looking one at that.

Would the players have popped over to have a read anyway?

Moreover it was very moderate. They weren't telling the Owner to unconditionally eff off. The option to reform and improve was left open.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 12:05 - Apr 3 with 1578 viewsBlueBadger

No. I really enjoy supporting an utterly directionless club mired in mid-table third division anonymity - the football's much better and there's all these new grounds to see.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 12:11 - Apr 3 with 1561 viewsJ2BLUE

Yes and no. I support Blue Action and think they've been brilliant overall. I think including reform on the banner is an open goal for Evans. LON will be sent out to tell us that day is night and white is black while little changes behind the scenes. I wouldn't be surprised to see an interview with Evans where he directly acknowledges the banner and claims to be giving us what we want.

BA aren't going to please everyone though and i'm sure the reform part is equally welcomed by a good chunk of the fan base rather than directly calling for Evans to go.

Again, overall they've been brilliant and we badly need them. One piece of advice I would suggest is maybe run their ideas past a small group of other fans they trust just to make sure the message is on point. A small group like Joe, Gurthrum and SB would be great for just making sure they are putting forward the majority view.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 13:43 - Apr 3 with 1483 viewsIllinoisblue

Absolutely. They don’t make a fuss on here or twitter, they just quietly get on with making banners and statements that hit the nail on the head. Good on them.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 16:53 - Apr 3 with 1294 viewsSamWhiteUK

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 12:05 - Apr 3 by BlueBadger

No. I really enjoy supporting an utterly directionless club mired in mid-table third division anonymity - the football's much better and there's all these new grounds to see.

Jesus Christ, I thought after Lambert left you'd drop this whole "the football is better" 'joke'. It wasn't amusing the first time round, it won't be amusing when you reach the 300th time, which I guess must be coming up. Don't you get bored?
Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 17:11 - Apr 3 with 1250 viewsJ2BLUE

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 16:53 - Apr 3 by SamWhiteUK

Jesus Christ, I thought after Lambert left you'd drop this whole "the football is better" 'joke'. It wasn't amusing the first time round, it won't be amusing when you reach the 300th time, which I guess must be coming up. Don't you get bored?

300th? Did you miss a zero?

Truly impaired.

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 17:22 - Apr 3 with 1226 viewsLeaky

Yes, I support peaceful protest. I would prefer Evans to get the club fit for the 21st century rather than a bunch of unknown chancer's take over the club & we end up like Bury. If Evans is incapable of change he needs to sell up.
Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 17:25 - Apr 3 with 1202 viewsJ2BLUE

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 17:22 - Apr 3 by Leaky

Yes, I support peaceful protest. I would prefer Evans to get the club fit for the 21st century rather than a bunch of unknown chancer's take over the club & we end up like Bury. If Evans is incapable of change he needs to sell up.

They don't seem like chancers from what we know about them from Phoenix Rising. We could have ended up like Southampton, Leicester or Burnley. There will always be some risk involved. The current owner has been a disaster.

Truly impaired.

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 17:30 - Apr 3 with 1195 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 12:11 - Apr 3 by J2BLUE

Yes and no. I support Blue Action and think they've been brilliant overall. I think including reform on the banner is an open goal for Evans. LON will be sent out to tell us that day is night and white is black while little changes behind the scenes. I wouldn't be surprised to see an interview with Evans where he directly acknowledges the banner and claims to be giving us what we want.

BA aren't going to please everyone though and i'm sure the reform part is equally welcomed by a good chunk of the fan base rather than directly calling for Evans to go.

Again, overall they've been brilliant and we badly need them. One piece of advice I would suggest is maybe run their ideas past a small group of other fans they trust just to make sure the message is on point. A small group like Joe, Gurthrum and SB would be great for just making sure they are putting forward the majority view.

How does anyone know the majority view - TWTD is a first class website, we are fortunate to have it; to suggest though it represents the majority of ITFC supporters is way of beam. We have c9000 season ticket holders and an average crowd of say 16000.
For my part I think Blue Action handle themselves very well; i might not always agree with them, but they are genuine, proud, loyal, to the point and 'just do it'.
Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 17:31 - Apr 3 with 1187 viewswkj

Im sure most of us wish our voices were heard via the medium of tutting - however, it simply doesn't happen this way.

Personally I voted no, as they failed to burn any buildings down this time.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 17:37 - Apr 3 with 1164 viewsJ2BLUE

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 17:30 - Apr 3 by Timefliesbyintheblue

How does anyone know the majority view - TWTD is a first class website, we are fortunate to have it; to suggest though it represents the majority of ITFC supporters is way of beam. We have c9000 season ticket holders and an average crowd of say 16000.
For my part I think Blue Action handle themselves very well; i might not always agree with them, but they are genuine, proud, loyal, to the point and 'just do it'.

I didn't suggest TWTD represents the majority. I picked those three posters for a reason. Guthrum - TWTD, Joe - podcasts and Twitter, SB - media.

Just a suggestion.

Truly impaired.

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 17:45 - Apr 3 with 1152 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 17:37 - Apr 3 by J2BLUE

I didn't suggest TWTD represents the majority. I picked those three posters for a reason. Guthrum - TWTD, Joe - podcasts and Twitter, SB - media.

Just a suggestion.

Ok, your knowledge of these people is greater then mine and I take your point. I guess it is always a shame that a silent majority is perhaps never represented.
Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 17:48 - Apr 3 with 1135 viewsJ2BLUE

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 17:45 - Apr 3 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Ok, your knowledge of these people is greater then mine and I take your point. I guess it is always a shame that a silent majority is perhaps never represented.

It is, but they could easily join TWTD, Twitter, Facebook etc.

Truly impaired.

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 17:48 - Apr 3 with 1141 viewsjeera

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 17:37 - Apr 3 by J2BLUE

Just a suggestion.

An ITFC focus group huh? Not an awful idea at all.

As others have pointed out, it's the sort of thing the supporters group should be for, but I don't even know if it still exists other than in name only.

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 17:50 - Apr 3 with 1123 viewsJ2BLUE

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 17:48 - Apr 3 by jeera

An ITFC focus group huh? Not an awful idea at all.

As others have pointed out, it's the sort of thing the supporters group should be for, but I don't even know if it still exists other than in name only.

Didn't Joe try and revive the supporter's group and get stonewalled?

Truly impaired.

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 18:03 - Apr 3 with 1102 viewsjeera

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 17:50 - Apr 3 by J2BLUE

Didn't Joe try and revive the supporter's group and get stonewalled?

I don't know buddy but it wouldn't surprise me.

Maybe an independent group independent from all the official and other independent groups is the answer.

That's what I like about BA to an extent. Their not pissing around asking everyone else does tend to get things done.

I don't even know how many supporter groups we have, if any.

Anything based in Haverhill doesn't count.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 18:19]

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 18:10 - Apr 3 with 1078 viewsJ2BLUE

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 18:03 - Apr 3 by jeera

I don't know buddy but it wouldn't surprise me.

Maybe an independent group independent from all the official and other independent groups is the answer.

That's what I like about BA to an extent. Their not pissing around asking everyone else does tend to get things done.

I don't even know how many supporter groups we have, if any.

Anything based in Haverhill doesn't count.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 18:19]

Haverhill terrifies me. Got a real walking dead vibe. The whole place freaked me out.

Truly impaired.

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 18:33 - Apr 3 with 1050 viewsGuthrum

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 17:45 - Apr 3 by Timefliesbyintheblue

The problem with the silent majority is that, because of their silence, it's very difficult to ascertain what their thoughts are. And, indeed, very likely they are not a unified bloc in terms of opinions, any more than this place is.

It would be good to canvass a greater sample of the ITFC fanbase, but they have to somehow be persuaded to take part. And some means found to reach them, if the club is not going to do it themselves.

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 18:50 - Apr 3 with 1010 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 18:33 - Apr 3 by Guthrum

The problem with the silent majority is that, because of their silence, it's very difficult to ascertain what their thoughts are. And, indeed, very likely they are not a unified bloc in terms of opinions, any more than this place is.

It would be good to canvass a greater sample of the ITFC fanbase, but they have to somehow be persuaded to take part. And some means found to reach them, if the club is not going to do it themselves.

That is a very good point - of course the official supporters group should be doing just that!
This is why opinion polls often are way out - the silent majority are just that.
My guess is in the case of ITFC we all want better than what is being served up at the moment - how we go about it is open to conjecture; but as I said earlier Blue Action do as it says on the tin 'Action', and fair play to them.
Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 19:11 - Apr 3 with 972 viewsGuthrum

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 18:50 - Apr 3 by Timefliesbyintheblue

That is a very good point - of course the official supporters group should be doing just that!
This is why opinion polls often are way out - the silent majority are just that.
My guess is in the case of ITFC we all want better than what is being served up at the moment - how we go about it is open to conjecture; but as I said earlier Blue Action do as it says on the tin 'Action', and fair play to them.

I think your guess is probably pretty much spot on. But doubt there will be universal agreement on how to go about it!

I think it's a positive thing we have activist groups like BA and Section 6 before it. Gets people up and involved in the issues - or at least discussing them.

Do you support the action taken by Blue Action yesterday? on 19:23 - Apr 3 with 933 viewsmatt92

I voted "Yes".

Others have already pointed out here that the statement by BA was spot on - in that it included the suggestion of some very much needed reform.

I'm sure that if Evans, by some miracle, were to oversee the club getting up into the Premier League and becoming established there, as was the aim all those years ago when he first took over, most of us would be happy.

I don't see it at all likely - but yeah, if he were to finally help the club achieve that goal, the absolute dire "banter era" and decline of these recent years would be mostly forgotten and even forgiven.

Personally, for the record, I would still prefer to see the takeover go ahead - as it looks like the US Consortium have already proven they're more capable than Evans, with Phoenix Rising and their other projects.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024