Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK 18:11 - Apr 2 with 5106 viewshomer_123

From those having the AZ jab. Still very rare but still concerning. Suspect the view will stay that the positive outweigh the negative. Interesting the Germany refusing to give to under 65s as clots less likely in older population.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56616119

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 18:22 - Apr 2 with 2273 viewsStokieBlue

It's a 0.00017% chance from those figures and that's assuming a correlation which hasn't been confirmed yet. For comparison, the underlying level of CVST per million people is 3 or 4 so just at the baseline level there should have been 48 to 64 cases (I will do some more reading around this when I have a chance as this doesn't seem to be highlighted so I may have missed something).

It's quite interesting that the EMA figures are so different to the real-world experience of the UK:

"The EMA, which has assessed data from around the world, estimates there is around a one in 100,000 risk of a CVST in people under the age of 60 who have been given the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine."

Obviously it should be investigated but even if a correlation is found then the risk is still incredibly rare. You are still more likely to be struck by lightning (0.0002%).

The positives clearly outweigh the negatives unless you are that one very unlucky person but that is the case with everything, the negatives are always higher if you are the one to get the unlucky result.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 18:29 - Apr 2 with 2232 viewsLord_Lucan

The whole thing is so off the scale it's mind boggling.

If there was a vaccine for cancer and it was reported that 50 out of quite a few million got a blood clot would you refuse it?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 18:41 - Apr 2 with 2177 viewshomer_123

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 18:22 - Apr 2 by StokieBlue

It's a 0.00017% chance from those figures and that's assuming a correlation which hasn't been confirmed yet. For comparison, the underlying level of CVST per million people is 3 or 4 so just at the baseline level there should have been 48 to 64 cases (I will do some more reading around this when I have a chance as this doesn't seem to be highlighted so I may have missed something).

It's quite interesting that the EMA figures are so different to the real-world experience of the UK:

"The EMA, which has assessed data from around the world, estimates there is around a one in 100,000 risk of a CVST in people under the age of 60 who have been given the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine."

Obviously it should be investigated but even if a correlation is found then the risk is still incredibly rare. You are still more likely to be struck by lightning (0.0002%).

The positives clearly outweigh the negatives unless you are that one very unlucky person but that is the case with everything, the negatives are always higher if you are the one to get the unlucky result.

SB

It is indeed still extremely rare.

Got to be fully investigated but I wonder if it's too late for the AZ vaccine.

I get the small inkling that there is a bit of a witch-hunt on AZ....that being said they really haven't helped themselves with the way they handled and distributed their data and results.

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 18:43 - Apr 2 with 2161 viewsFixed_It

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 18:41 - Apr 2 by homer_123

I get the small inkling that there is a bit of a witch-hunt on AZ....that being said they really haven't helped themselves with the way they handled and distributed their data and results.

I'm happy to have my second jab next month. Absolutely no concerns at all.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 18:44 - Apr 2 with 2155 viewshomer_123

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 18:29 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

If there was a vaccine for cancer and it was reported that 50 out of quite a few million got a blood clot would you refuse it?

Indeed...as I saidcthe positives outweigh the negative.

That being said...if you had a choice of three cancer curing drugs and 2 didn't have that issue...you would choose to the other 2.

That also being said....if the other 2 weren't available to you....you'd take the first!

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 18:46 - Apr 2 with 2140 viewshomer_123

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 18:43 - Apr 2 by Fixed_It

I'm happy to have my second jab next month. Absolutely no concerns at all.

I'll be happy to as well.

It's still important to investigate.

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 18:48 - Apr 2 with 2122 viewsjeera

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 18:46 - Apr 2 by homer_123

I've had a few beers what with the game and all that.

Can anyone confirm please if these are reported as excess cases, or just reported generally?

Edit: I seem to have clumsily suggested I have concerns about clotting. I do not! Thank you for the posters checking up on me. It's thoughtful of you.

I should make my posts clearer but I was asking through curiosity only.

Cheers.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 21:48]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 18:51 - Apr 2 with 2107 viewsLord_Lucan

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 18:44 - Apr 2 by homer_123

That being said...if you had a choice of three cancer curing drugs and 2 didn't have that issue...you would choose to the other 2.

That also being said....if the other 2 weren't available to you....you'd take the first!

Well the odds are so crazy I would just go along, roll my sleeves up and they can give me what they want.

I was chit chatting to a couple of Italians I know this morning and they are both absolutely livid, they feel that their lives are being politically used.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Login to get fewer ads

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 19:10 - Apr 2 with 2049 viewsfactual_blue

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 18:48 - Apr 2 by jeera

Can anyone confirm please if these are reported as excess cases, or just reported generally?

Edit: I seem to have clumsily suggested I have concerns about clotting. I do not! Thank you for the posters checking up on me. It's thoughtful of you.

Cheers.

Basically, we don't know the relationship yet between the clotting, the vaccine and Covid, as the disease itself can cause blood clotting problems.

That this type of clotting is rare anyway, it's even more difficult to determine if there's a link or it's simply a completely unrelated cluster of random events.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 19:27 - Apr 2 with 1982 viewsStokieBlue

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 18:44 - Apr 2 by homer_123

I wouldn't say that it's confirmed the others don't have issue. The working hypothesis is the production of the spike protein creates a large immune response a tiny amount of people and given the other vaccines work in the same way it's possible they could have similar issues.

A JVCI member said that it could simply be that we haven't seen the instances in other vaccines as AZ has been the one put under a lot of scrutiny.

As it stands I don't care which one I get, as long as I get to have one and the sooner the better.

SB

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 19:30 - Apr 2 with 1965 viewsjas0999

Please don’t scaremonger. We are talking a very very small amount of cases. Would you like us to stop vaccinating?
30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 19:33 - Apr 2 with 1955 viewsStokieBlue

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 18:48 - Apr 2 by jeera

Cheers.

The rate of CVST in the general population is 3 or 4 per million. That is in line with what is currently being seen with regards to post-vaccination cases with regards to the UK but in Europe they are seeing a much higher instance (~10 times higher).

SB

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 19:52 - Apr 2 with 1907 viewsjeera

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 19:33 - Apr 2 by StokieBlue

The rate of CVST in the general population is 3 or 4 per million. That is in line with what is currently being seen with regards to post-vaccination cases with regards to the UK but in Europe they are seeing a much higher instance (~10 times higher).

SB

OK.

See, I'm reluctant to speak too much of my own circumstances when you get a poster come along and make sickening references to my situation such as the cowardly attack I had to endure a few nights ago, otherwise I might ask how many of those affected would be at risk because of conditions that may restrict their mobility anyway.

There must be so many variables at work in other words that for any direct connection to be made must be pretty much inconclusive no matter how hard someone tries to find one.

Given the current stats available I mean.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 19:59 - Apr 2 with 1874 viewsElderGrizzly

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 18:29 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

Women who take the pill have a chance of blood clots several hundred times that seen here being associated with the AZ vaccine.

Medicines have side effects. End of story. Although this story we don’t even know if AZ is even the issue
30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 20:01 - Apr 2 with 1871 viewsElderGrizzly

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 18:41 - Apr 2 by homer_123

When your vaccine is dominating the vaccine distribution and costs £3 vs £20+ for the others, it wouldn’t do any harm to run it down a bit would it?
30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 20:23 - Apr 2 with 1832 viewsblueislander

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 20:01 - Apr 2 by ElderGrizzly

When your vaccine is dominating the vaccine distribution and costs £3 vs £20+ for the others, it wouldn’t do any harm to run it down a bit would it?

Let’s not forget that AZ are doing this for no profit, which is a fantastic gesture. They have taken a big hit on their share price to boot.
30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 20:26 - Apr 2 with 1826 viewsSomethingBlue

Based on the figures that have come out it really isn't a concern, but it *is* really important people have the jab.

Edit - this isn't a dig at you in particular, and we can't censor what each other posts about, but I do question whether it is sensible to approach a post in this way given the seriousness of the situation and the need to get people vaccinated.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 20:31]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 20:31 - Apr 2 with 1788 viewsLord_Lucan

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 20:23 - Apr 2 by blueislander

Let’s not forget that AZ are doing this for no profit, which is a fantastic gesture. They have taken a big hit on their share price to boot.

Vaccines are the biggest scoop in history - financially

AZ are doing it non profit, others aren't.

Quite frankly I'm surprised that all AZ directors haven't been shot yet.

I mean, do you really think it's about 60 blood clots?

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 20:39 - Apr 2 with 1745 viewseastangliaisblue

Why is the media playing up to this? The chance of blood clots is so small, yet it's getting so much coverage. As I said on a previous thread, I once had a Yellow Fever vaccine, where there is a 1 in 250,000 chance of severe organ failure. Why has there never been a fuss made about this? Where the odds are a lot smaller. It's just ridiculous, all it's doing is playing into the hands of anti-vaxxers.
30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 20:40 - Apr 2 with 1745 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Can I just say that the fact this statement of fact gets down votes is ridiculous. As is talk of well it is better than covid as some sort of rebuttal. There was no mention of this after the trials, what other long term surprises are in store? Furthermore does anyone else wonder what the cumulative effect of annual top ups of vaccine on platelet levels might be! Just don't mention guinea pig.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 20:42 - Apr 2 with 1731 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 18:46 - Apr 2 by homer_123

I get the distinct feeling that a lot of people would prefer it wasn't mentioned!

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 20:45 - Apr 2 with 1720 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 19:10 - Apr 2 by factual_blue

Basically, we don't know the relationship yet between the clotting, the vaccine and Covid, as the disease itself can cause blood clotting problems.

That this type of clotting is rare anyway, it's even more difficult to determine if there's a link or it's simply a completely unrelated cluster of random events.

If it turns out you can be genetically predisposed to clotting via the disease or the vaccine then I know the choice I would make.

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 20:45 - Apr 2 with 1712 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 19:30 - Apr 2 by jas0999

Please don’t scaremonger. We are talking a very very small amount of cases. Would you like us to stop vaccinating?

He wasn't!

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 20:45 - Apr 2 with 1708 viewsLord_Lucan

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 20:39 - Apr 2 by eastangliaisblue

Why is the media playing up to this? The chance of blood clots is so small, yet it's getting so much coverage. As I said on a previous thread, I once had a Yellow Fever vaccine, where there is a 1 in 250,000 chance of severe organ failure. Why has there never been a fuss made about this? Where the odds are a lot smaller. It's just ridiculous, all it's doing is playing into the hands of anti-vaxxers.

The world has gone a bit ding dong since 24 hour news and social media.

No one uses their brain anymore and there are so many media outlets.

Generally people just read the publications that they agree with and then like a load of arses they post these links on other forums and social media platforms and think that they have proved their argument.

Few people read beneath the headlines and few people read things that will counter argument their opinion.

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 20:48 - Apr 2 with 1698 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

30 cases of blood clots 'found' in the UK on 19:59 - Apr 2 by ElderGrizzly

Women who take the pill have a chance of blood clots several hundred times that seen here being associated with the AZ vaccine.

Medicines have side effects. End of story. Although this story we don’t even know if AZ is even the issue

What did the trial data suggest regarding the vaccine and women on the pill...do you think this was factored in to the sample cohort?
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 20:52]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024