Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good Town players that we never seemed to love 12:42 - Apr 4 with 2030 viewswkj

Flipping the script on the other post. This one will be much more difficult than the other as there will be a lot of confliction opinions.

I am going to put my knackers on the block and say Keith Andrews.

Played in 20 games for town and scored 9 during his loan, clearly a good tally for a defensive midfielder - but rarely gets talked about or high praise on here. Certainly wasn't disliked, but probably deserves a bit more praise.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 18:51 - Apr 4 with 374 viewsVic

Cole Skuse

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 18:52 - Apr 4 with 375 viewsMB26

Perhaps he wasn't the most successful striker we've had but I think he struggled to play up top alone... I always rated Brett Pitman and I think he deserved a lot more credit.

More than adept as a championship striker and the rarely seen partnership he had with Sears was quite effective at times.
Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 19:47 - Apr 4 with 335 viewsSuperCoops

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 18:45 - Apr 4 by monkeymagic

David Lowe and Kevin Wilson. Relative bargains and consistently good in what at the time felt like dark days. Compared to the the last 14, they were of course the glory years.

I wouldn't say either were "unloved".
Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 19:48 - Apr 4 with 334 viewsSwailsey

I’m sure it’s been said; but the answer will always be Jermaine Wright.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 20:05 - Apr 4 with 319 viewsACP84

Steve Sedgley
Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 20:30 - Apr 4 with 300 viewsacj

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 14:30 - Apr 4 by bournemouthblue

15 for set pieces too

Ian Westlake had a pretty good career with us and then declined at an incredible rate

Jermaine Wright despite all the criticism he would get had plenty of ability as displayed with some of the thunderbolts he scored

I’d give Currie even higher for his free kicks - maybe an 18. Maybe I’m remembering with rose-tinted glasses but I had such confidence we were gunna score any time we got a free kick within about 40 yards of goal, as they were so good whether he was shooting or crossing (and he used to score a few where the cross would bounce in at the back post after everyone had missed it). 1 pace is probably also generous though, he used to look like he was going backwards sometimes, despite having a 10 yard head start on the opposing player.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 10:40 - Apr 5 with 225 viewsDinnernotTea

DJ Campbell. 10 in 17 which kept us up. Weirdly never spoken about as a hero.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 10:44 - Apr 5 with 221 viewsgordon

Marcus Bent and Gavin Williams are two that were really good players in their time here but not really remembered much.
Login to get fewer ads

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 10:54 - Apr 5 with 210 viewsHipsterectomy

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 20:30 - Apr 4 by acj

I’d give Currie even higher for his free kicks - maybe an 18. Maybe I’m remembering with rose-tinted glasses but I had such confidence we were gunna score any time we got a free kick within about 40 yards of goal, as they were so good whether he was shooting or crossing (and he used to score a few where the cross would bounce in at the back post after everyone had missed it). 1 pace is probably also generous though, he used to look like he was going backwards sometimes, despite having a 10 yard head start on the opposing player.

I remember a lot of goals Currie assisted with he just stopped with the ball and then floated a perfect cross in for Alan Lee or someone to head in. He was also our corner taker when Naylor/De Vos would usually get 5 or 6 each a season from corners and I felt we could score at any corner we were given with him. Now we're lucky if we pass the first man.

We loaned him to Derby in their promotion season who helped them get over the line. It was weird as nobody I knew really cared we had lost him, yet a team going for promotion saw him as an improvement.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024