Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No PC press conference today, Phil? 11:54 - Apr 9 with 3772 viewsSWGF

nft

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 14:04 - Apr 9 with 434 viewsPique

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:37 - Apr 9 by hype313

Walks? Whilst he may not have known the deal was finalised he would have known that Marcus was planning on selling, or at the very least in talks with a party.

I'd be flabbergasted if he was completely in the dark, especially given Lamberts comments about them wanting their own man in charge.

Again, should clarify that my comment about him potentially walking was purely to do with the appointment of a CEO that Cook would feel unable to work with, not the takeover itself.

Clumsily worded.
No PC press conference today, Phil? on 14:06 - Apr 9 with 420 viewsPique

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:35 - Apr 9 by abracaDOBRA_

Bit dramatic. Cook won't be walking when the club is literally about to kick on. I'm sure he's excited for the investment he's about to get

Possibly a bit dramatic, but as I’ve said above I think the CEO appointment is key and a lot will hinge on it.
No PC press conference today, Phil? on 14:09 - Apr 9 with 394 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:37 - Apr 9 by hype313

Walks? Whilst he may not have known the deal was finalised he would have known that Marcus was planning on selling, or at the very least in talks with a party.

I'd be flabbergasted if he was completely in the dark, especially given Lamberts comments about them wanting their own man in charge.

He would be the biggest idiot on the planet if he had no inclination that a takeover was strongly rumoured.

He won't be going anywhere.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 14:12 - Apr 9 with 373 viewsJammyDodgerrr

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:44 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

A bit unusual but I can see why he'd want to get minds focused after everything that's happened. He and the players didn't know the takeover was happening until Wednesday, so has been an unsettling week.

And also, he'll presumably get a bunch of questions about the new ownership, he won't know the answer to. Can understand why he would call it off today.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 14:12 - Apr 9 with 368 viewsN2_Blue

FFS

This thread is a car crash of people putting 2 and 2 together and getting 20million

The takeover was well underway before Cook joined. Its been confirmed the new owners were told Cook was going to be appointed by ME and they were happy with that appointment....he was also their choice.

Because Cook is not doing a Press conference (which Phil has explained why) people now think it's because he has been mislead and is unhappy!?

Dear oh dear, some fans need to get a grip!
[Post edited 9 Apr 2021 14:13]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 14:15 - Apr 9 with 352 viewsPique

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 14:12 - Apr 9 by N2_Blue

FFS

This thread is a car crash of people putting 2 and 2 together and getting 20million

The takeover was well underway before Cook joined. Its been confirmed the new owners were told Cook was going to be appointed by ME and they were happy with that appointment....he was also their choice.

Because Cook is not doing a Press conference (which Phil has explained why) people now think it's because he has been mislead and is unhappy!?

I don’t think that, and I’ve clarified my original post several times now.
No PC press conference today, Phil? on 14:15 - Apr 9 with 353 viewshype313

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 14:12 - Apr 9 by N2_Blue

FFS

Not really, it's one poster saying something which, he correctly and graciously accepted, was poorly worded, and we all got clarification from that.

Bit of an overreaction to say the whole thread is a car crash.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024