Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How can Cook not have known about the takeover? 17:49 - Apr 10 with 1228 viewsTractorCam

One/some of the first questions in his first press conference was regarding a potential take over.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

How can Cook not have known about the takeover? on 17:51 - Apr 10 with 1176 viewshype313

Phil mentioned that he was of the understanding that Evans was seeking additional investment, not a full blown takeover.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

How can Cook not have known about the takeover? on 17:52 - Apr 10 with 1157 viewsWeirdFishes

In one of the EADT pieces I read they said Evans told him he was looking to bring in investment, so may have brushed the questions off as that.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

How can Cook not have known about the takeover? on 17:52 - Apr 10 with 1139 viewsjas0999

How can Cook not have known about the takeover? on 17:51 - Apr 10 by hype313

Phil mentioned that he was of the understanding that Evans was seeking additional investment, not a full blown takeover.

He must read the news like everyone else?

Probably feels misled.
How can Cook not have known about the takeover? on 17:53 - Apr 10 with 1129 viewsDanTheMan

How can Cook not have known about the takeover? on 17:51 - Apr 10 by hype313

If Evans actually lied to him... well it'd be peak Ipswich wouldn't it?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

How can Cook not have known about the takeover? on 17:53 - Apr 10 with 1130 viewsgordon

Yup, but the point is what Marcus Evans said to him during the recruitment process! If ME said it was nonsense to get the deal with Cook over the line, then if I was Cook I would be out that door like a shot and calling a lawyer.
How can Cook not have known about the takeover? on 17:54 - Apr 10 with 1082 viewsgordon

How can Cook not have known about the takeover? on 17:52 - Apr 10 by jas0999

Probably feels misled.

He's going to be having regular meetings with Evans about all sorts of things though - if he found out via the club posting on Instagram, it's an utterly appalling way to treat someone.
How can Cook not have known about the takeover? on 17:55 - Apr 10 with 1077 viewsChurchman

How can Cook not have known about the takeover? on 17:53 - Apr 10 by DanTheMan

If Evans actually lied to him... well it'd be peak Ipswich wouldn't it?

Peak Evans maybe, but not peak Ipswich
How can Cook not have known about the takeover? on 17:58 - Apr 10 with 1007 viewsEdmundo

How can Cook not have known about the takeover? on 17:55 - Apr 10 by Churchman

Peak Evans maybe, but not peak Ipswich

Ultimately when a small to medium sized business is taken over, there is a very small circle that knows, often only the owners and board. Cook is due an apology, but he should understand, it is business.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Login to get fewer ads

How can Cook not have known about the takeover? on 17:59 - Apr 10 with 985 viewsjayessess

I think if you're being offered a job and you ask the owner if there's a takeover happening and he says "no, nothing's happening", you've got to take him at his word, don't you?

Speculation and rumours are for us lot. As manager you'd expect the owner to be honest with you (especially if McCarthy and other people he knows in the game told him Evans is on the level).

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

How can Cook not have known about the takeover? on 18:06 - Apr 10 with 901 viewsbrogansnose

That comment he made on the radio when he was watching one of our matches saying ' WE , don't create enough chances' not Ipswich or they. Probably nothing but its certainly a weird slip of the tongue for a commentator to make and he did pass up on a lot of jobs for , erm, us.
How can Cook not have known about the takeover? on 18:37 - Apr 10 with 742 viewsBent_double

How can Cook not have known about the takeover? on 17:58 - Apr 10 by Edmundo

Ultimately when a small to medium sized business is taken over, there is a very small circle that knows, often only the owners and board. Cook is due an apology, but he should understand, it is business.

Indeed, we don't know all the facts, so no point blaming Evans or Cook or the consortium.

When I bought my current business (ok, not a football club!), the current owners were told, via solicitors, that under no circumstances should they inform any existing customers that they were selling - incase they were planning to setup a rival business locally and pinch them, or I lost any advanced bookings. Obviously a different kind of situation here, but ME may have been similarly restrained.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

How can Cook not have known about the takeover? on 19:41 - Apr 10 with 619 viewsSwansea_Blue

How can Cook not have known about the takeover? on 17:52 - Apr 10 by jas0999

Probably feels misled.

Quite. It was all in the public domain. If this came as a surprise to him it doesn't say much about his keeping up with relevant club news.

Are we sure we're not all so bored with the football that we just want anything exciting to happen, even if it is a falling out behind the scenes?

I could be wrong, but I suspect there's nothing to see here and I'm not going to worry about it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024