Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 Games 08:52 - Apr 14 with 1830 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Is that what we as Ipswich Fans have been reduced to now? Giving managers 8-10 games before turning on them? And to think there are posters on the Bristol City fan's post about Ashton calling Bristol C fans 'entitled'.

Forget this season, it's a bust. It's not about Cook, it is everything about this set of players being unable to raise their game in a play off push.

We haven't 'got worse' under Cook, we've stayed exactly the same, just like we were against Northampton and against Swindon. No difference, the same. Anyone thinking that this squad of players, with the possible exception of 3 or 4 players is good enough for the top end of L1, never mind the Championship is seriously deluding themselves.

Just in January, a good number of us were, quite rightly saying IMO, that under Evans and Lambert we were headed to L2, that's certainly what the performances and the results indicated; save for our purple patch at the beginning of the season.

But now, with Cook having 10 games, and a bit of money coming in, apparently everything is different and we should be whooping sides like Wimbledon, with the exact same set of players and the exact same club structure. Aside from Cook, Zero Changes.

Some of you need to get a grip. New ownership structure now, Ashton in June, this club won't fk about any more, if the results don't come, Cook will be gone, I've no doubt of this.

But for fans to start raising significant doubts on probably the best manager in the league at this level, with a record that absolutely supports this?

Entitled. And utterly, utterly classless.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 8:55]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

10 Games on 11:14 - Apr 14 with 213 viewschrismakin

10 Games on 11:08 - Apr 14 by tractorboy1978

You still haven't addressed my point in the other thread - our form is no worse than in bulky periods under Lambert over the past two seasons. We have 10 points from 10 games under Cook.

Last season - final 25 games, we picked up 25 points.

This season - between 1 Nov and Lambert leaving, 19 games and 25 points. That includes 9 points from 3 games that people seem to use as evidence that PC was left a decent position. So 16 points from the other 16 games.

At some point, you have to accept that for whatever reason we have issues with this squad that go far deeper than the manager. And I will be the first to admit I blamed Lambert for everything at the time.

Fitness, fitness, fitness
Without a doubt, come on these guys can't even complete a PC training schedule

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

10 Games on 11:22 - Apr 14 with 200 viewshaynes_toe1

10 Games on 11:05 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

It's actually got worse since he switched formations..... which you, others and the local media pushed for

So he should have switched to a different formation? Or not switched at all?

Again, it's not my job to get it right and he's privy to far more information and data to get it right than I am. He watches them train every day.

Your point is moot. Not for the first time.
10 Games on 11:27 - Apr 14 with 187 viewschrismakin

10 Games on 11:22 - Apr 14 by haynes_toe1

So he should have switched to a different formation? Or not switched at all?

Again, it's not my job to get it right and he's privy to far more information and data to get it right than I am. He watches them train every day.

Your point is moot. Not for the first time.

Shouldn't have swapped

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

10 Games on 12:02 - Apr 14 with 171 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

10 Games on 10:56 - Apr 14 by haynes_toe1

I mean we have got worse under Cook, to deny that is a little cringeworthy. The performances have for the most-part been worse, the PPG has been worse, the attacking stats (chances created / shots / goals) have all been worse...

You can't compare the PPG between someone who's had 2.5 years and 3 transfer windows with someone who's had 10 games, no windows and barely any time for training.

Paul Cook's PPG are statistically insignificant.

We haven't got worse under Cook. We are just as rubbish as we have been for the last 3 years. That Cook hasn't had an upturn is disappointing... but merely reinforces that we have a crap team. You can't just sweep the last 3 years under the carpet and start blaming a man who's only been here for a handful of games.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024