Quantcast
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Six games left - time to go with 09:22 - Apr 14 with 344 viewsArnieM

Those few senior players who Paul Cook feels he wants here next season, and the best of the U23/18’s. The latter, to see what they can do at this level.

Wholesale changes are required for next season but when this happens we fans MUST be prepared to wait at least a couple of seasons for that promotion. It’s unreasonable to expect 10-12 new players coming into the Club to immediately “ bed in”. It won’t happen that quickly, Hence the need for integration of some of our U23/18’s . It’ll help develop them personally and also offer some level of stability.

I personally feel Cook has nothing to lose by taking a look at the best of our youngsters from Saturday, it’s got to start now!

Poll: If Paul Lambert remains the manager , will you be renewing your ST for next seas

Six games left - time to go with on 09:28 - Apr 14 with 307 viewsclive_baker

I thought we should've done that anyway to be honest. I don't see the value in taking an 18 man squad to Wimbledon where as many as 50% likely won't be here next season. Why are we giving minutes to Harrop and minutes off the bench to Sears / Bennetts etc when it's patently obvious that they won't be here after June. I appreciate we're not in succession planning for next year yet and this season was still firmly alive, but it's not like they're any better than the alternatives who are actually ours and likely to be ours still next season. How we can expect those players to care one jot about the outcome I'll never know, they've probably got half an eye on not getting injured and being on the scrapheap for next year.

We had an opportunity yesterday to go with a full lineup of players that are either contracted to us next season, or with an option we're likely to take (eg. Bishop & Nydam).

Poll: Are you happy with the lineup today?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Six games left - time to go with on 09:30 - Apr 14 with 288 viewsPaul_Knows

All well and good saying 'play the 23's', but a lot of the 23 teams lately have been filled with first team players!

Other than Nydam, Bishop, Woolfenden, Downes, Dobra and Lankester, who else really is ready for first team football .... I appreciate that kids need to be given a chance at some point, but just can't see Cook 'throwing' games if we're still in play off chase (I know we're not really, but he can't be seen to not taking it seriously).

Poll: Have you entered the ballot for upcoming games?

Six games left - time to go with on 09:35 - Apr 14 with 261 viewsclive_baker

Six games left - time to go with on 09:30 - Apr 14 by Paul_Knows

All well and good saying 'play the 23's', but a lot of the 23 teams lately have been filled with first team players!

Other than Nydam, Bishop, Woolfenden, Downes, Dobra and Lankester, who else really is ready for first team football .... I appreciate that kids need to be given a chance at some point, but just can't see Cook 'throwing' games if we're still in play off chase (I know we're not really, but he can't be seen to not taking it seriously).

Those 6 would be a start. Only 2 of them started yesterday, instead favouring Harrop, Bennetts and Sears for minutes. I would go with this on Sat:

Holy, KVY, Chambers, Woolfenden, Nydam, Bishop, Dozzell, Downes, Dobra, Lankester, Norwood.

No loanees. 8 contracted through next season. Options on the other 3 (2 of which likely to take up). Is that any worse that yesterdays side? I would argue it's much stronger, and hopefully has a bit of desire to at last prove something.

We might as well send Parrott, Bennetts and Harrop back now.

Poll: Are you happy with the lineup today?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Six games left - time to go with on 09:42 - Apr 14 with 243 viewsrickw

Six games left - time to go with on 09:35 - Apr 14 by clive_baker

Those 6 would be a start. Only 2 of them started yesterday, instead favouring Harrop, Bennetts and Sears for minutes. I would go with this on Sat:

Holy, KVY, Chambers, Woolfenden, Nydam, Bishop, Dozzell, Downes, Dobra, Lankester, Norwood.

No loanees. 8 contracted through next season. Options on the other 3 (2 of which likely to take up). Is that any worse that yesterdays side? I would argue it's much stronger, and hopefully has a bit of desire to at last prove something.

I like the team, however whilst we can still mathematically make the play-offs I can't see us sending loanees back, just in case we get injuries - I expect we still have to pay for them

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Six games left - time to go with on 09:44 - Apr 14 with 238 viewsFixed_It

That looks decent enough. Having said that, they all do on paper - but at least this is a team where most will still he here next season.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Will you be buying an ITFC season ticket under the new owners?

Six games left - time to go with on 09:53 - Apr 14 with 203 viewsjayessess

Inclined to agree, but I've never seen a football manager who was wired that way. They put out what they see as their best side in the league until the season is properly over.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2021