Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook Criticism 20:29 - Apr 13 with 3588 viewswaveneyblue

I find it unbelievable the crap spouted on here about Cook. He has inherited the most mentally weak set of players we've ever had. He has next to no time on the training pitch. This is not his squad.

People stating how wonderful the Cowleys have done at Pompey, yes they've done well but Portsmouth weren't 20% of the mess we were.

Get a bloody grip please.
Paul Cook Criticism on 20:31 - Apr 13 with 2289 viewsblueprint

Exactly this.
Paul Cook Criticism on 20:32 - Apr 13 with 2271 viewsEdmundo

100% agree.
It's an Instagram world though isn't it, especially during a lockdown? Instant success, instant judgement, it's all bo//ox.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Paul Cook Criticism on 20:34 - Apr 13 with 2221 viewsMrTown

Unfortunately fans want instant success - I don’t like it one bit.

A manager needs time, a transfer window and pre season.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 20:39]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Paul Cook Criticism on 20:35 - Apr 13 with 2197 viewsTrequartista

A mentally weak set of players who were winning more games than they were losing before he arrived.

I want to him to be the manager next season regardless of the next six results, but he doesn't get a free pass and is not beyond criticism

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Paul Cook Criticism on 20:38 - Apr 13 with 2154 viewswaveneyblue

Paul Cook Criticism on 20:35 - Apr 13 by Trequartista

A mentally weak set of players who were winning more games than they were losing before he arrived.

I want to him to be the manager next season regardless of the next six results, but he doesn't get a free pass and is not beyond criticism

I agree, it's just some of the criticism is way over the top.

Yes it's not remotely good enough, but some need to look at the bigger picture.
Paul Cook Criticism on 20:39 - Apr 13 with 2143 viewsRobTheMonk

In my opinion, he's needed to have done better with the team than what he has. I keep going back to Jimmy Flyod Hasselbaink at Burton who were bottom when he took over; now 17th and looking at a midtable finish. We've played Wimbledon, Rochdale and MK Dons past three games - all below us - and we've not scored a goal and have had a woeful amount of shots on target.

Something is not right; whether the players are not buying into Cook's philosophy, too many changes (it's been quite Lambingo recently), players wanting out so downing tools etc.

But ultimately, it's concerning.
Paul Cook Criticism on 20:40 - Apr 13 with 2117 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's acceptable to suggest that his impact has been underwhelming at best.

Your post could have been written about PL in our relegation season.

Hopefully if he gets his assistant in over the summer and turns the squad over he'll have an impact next season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Paul Cook Criticism on 20:41 - Apr 13 with 2093 viewsSwansea_Blue

Paul Cook Criticism on 20:35 - Apr 13 by Trequartista

Only over a short period of a few weeks. The previous 3 months they'd been utterly sh*te. For half of last season they were utterly sh*te too. The only blip really has been the first 6 weeks of this season and the 3 weeks prior to PC coming in. The rest of the time it's been near relegation form.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook Criticism on 20:42 - Apr 13 with 2079 viewsVaughan8

I think people were thinking he would bring a new "bounce" (see Lincoln and the Cowley's) and it hasn't happened.

Personally, I find it unbelievable that he has done worse than what Lambert probably would have done haha

I don't blame Cook, but his start here has been a shambles.

Mass clear out and start again in July!
Paul Cook Criticism on 20:44 - Apr 13 with 2023 viewsN2_Blue

100% agree

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Paul Cook Criticism on 20:45 - Apr 13 with 2007 viewsCuffy81

Paul Cook Criticism on 20:39 - Apr 13 by RobTheMonk

In my opinion, he's needed to have done better with the team than what he has. I keep going back to Jimmy Flyod Hasselbaink at Burton who were bottom when he took over; now 17th and looking at a midtable finish. We've played Wimbledon, Rochdale and MK Dons past three games - all below us - and we've not scored a goal and have had a woeful amount of shots on target.

Something is not right; whether the players are not buying into Cook's philosophy, too many changes (it's been quite Lambingo recently), players wanting out so downing tools etc.

The players

- not fit enough to complete one double training session
- Luke Chambers our fittest player at 35 😂

The players aren't buying into it because they have had it too easy for too long, combined with a fair few of contract and you have the perfect storm

The common denominator is the players, I'll judge Cook after a couple of transfer windows to try and sort this mess out
Paul Cook Criticism on 20:46 - Apr 13 with 1999 viewsblueprint

Paul Cook Criticism on 20:42 - Apr 13 by Vaughan8

I think people were thinking he would bring a new "bounce" (see Lincoln and the Cowley's) and it hasn't happened.

Personally, I find it unbelievable that he has done worse than what Lambert probably would have done haha

I don't blame Cook, but his start here has been a shambles.

Mass clear out and start again in July!

Portsmouth are a completely different case. Fairly decent squad that just needed a few fresh ideas. Cook has inherited a clueless , talentless and spineless bunch of players who have had shown no sign of having a fighting spirit from day one.
Paul Cook Criticism on 20:48 - Apr 13 with 1972 viewsChurchman

Agree totally. I’m staggered at how many people want Cook to fail. They want him out. Gone. Replaced by a person with a magic wand, presumably, because who on earth could get this shower moving? For the people wanting him out, please enlighten me. I’m genuinely eager to know.

Anyone would think the Evans years were beyond reproach. Seriously, I think the percentage that want him out need to have a good look in the mirror.
Paul Cook Criticism on 20:49 - Apr 13 with 1952 viewsN2_Blue

Paul Cook Criticism on 20:48 - Apr 13 by Churchman

Agree totally. I’m staggered at how many people want Cook to fail. They want him out. Gone. Replaced by a person with a magic wand, presumably, because who on earth could get this shower moving? For the people wanting him out, please enlighten me. I’m genuinely eager to know.

Anyone would think the Evans years were beyond reproach. Seriously, I think the percentage that want him out need to have a good look in the mirror.

I know its crazy. What do people think would change with a different manager at this time? I can guarantee with these players it would be the same.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Paul Cook Criticism on 20:55 - Apr 13 with 1877 viewsVaughan8

Paul Cook Criticism on 20:46 - Apr 13 by blueprint

Portsmouth are a completely different case. Fairly decent squad that just needed a few fresh ideas. Cook has inherited a clueless , talentless and spineless bunch of players who have had shown no sign of having a fighting spirit from day one.

Totally agree. I think people are just worried that he's probably doing worse.than Lambert would have.

The players clearly have an issue. Let's hope this summer is a good one.
Paul Cook Criticism on 20:58 - Apr 13 with 1852 viewsTrequartista

Paul Cook Criticism on 20:41 - Apr 13 by Swansea_Blue

Only over a short period of a few weeks. The previous 3 months they'd been utterly sh*te. For half of last season they were utterly sh*te too. The only blip really has been the first 6 weeks of this season and the 3 weeks prior to PC coming in. The rest of the time it's been near relegation form.

I'm talking about all of last season and all of this season up to Lambert's departure, not just a few weeks. We were winning more than we were losing.

It's an incredibly low bar, as for this division it was still nowhere near good enough, but it's a low bar Cook can't even seem to reach.

Paul Cook Criticism on 20:59 - Apr 13 with 1840 viewsParky

Absolutely spot on.

Let’s not forget, Lambert was given a free pass after taking us down without a fight, then took us to our lowest finish for over 60 years and was then allowed 3/4 of a further season.

Paul Cook has inherited the worst Ipswich side ever and has been here for 2 months with games mostly Saturday-Tuesday, limiting his time on the training ground.
Paul Cook Criticism on 21:01 - Apr 13 with 1815 viewsTrequartista

Paul Cook Criticism on 20:38 - Apr 13 by waveneyblue

I agree, it's just some of the criticism is way over the top.

Yes it's not remotely good enough, but some need to look at the bigger picture.

Can't say i've seen that much, maybe its on social media where i'm not looking. I think on here, i've seen more people complaining about people harshly criticising Cook, than people harshly criticising Cook.

Paul Cook Criticism on 21:02 - Apr 13 with 1774 viewsTractorCam

Paul Cook Criticism on 20:39 - Apr 13 by RobTheMonk

The players are not up to it. Look at that MK Dons match where Drinan had a free shot at goal and instead turned backwards, the Sears lob which went miles wide etc. It's not perfect but they have had opportunities, they just suck/ have no confidence.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Paul Cook Criticism on 21:05 - Apr 13 with 1735 viewsRomeo4

I’m gutted that Cook hasn’t been able to squeeze anything out of this current bunch of under-achievers but to get rid of him would be way too premature. He must’ve learned a lot over these first weeks and be making plans for future already. He leaves and that’s just wasted time and someone has to come in and do it all over again.

There is still no one out there who convinces me that they are better qualified than Cook to take on the job of rebuilding this squad.
Paul Cook Criticism on 21:11 - Apr 13 with 1693 viewsChurchman

Paul Cook Criticism on 20:58 - Apr 13 by Trequartista

I'm talking about all of last season and all of this season up to Lambert's departure, not just a few weeks. We were winning more than we were losing.

It's an incredibly low bar, as for this division it was still nowhere near good enough, but it's a low bar Cook can't even seem to reach.

It’s a low bar with players lower than the bar. 3 years tells you what these players, their attitude and ability are capable of. Yes it’s all Cooks fault. Booooo! Show him the door. Get a real manager in who can get the best squad in the league tearing it up.

On the other hand, think about it. Think about what this lot are, whose managed them and what they’ve done for this club. Cook has come in with nothing. And he’s achieved nothing. Big surprise. None of the very many people who want Cook gone, bar saying ‘no free pass’ have said what they think he could have done to improve this apology of a ‘team’.
Paul Cook Criticism on 21:11 - Apr 13 with 1689 viewsTractorWood

Have results been impressive? No
Have performances been impressive? No
Has he said anything impressive? No

The general sentiment of being underwhelmed is entirely reasonable.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Paul Cook Criticism on 21:12 - Apr 13 with 1661 viewsGuthrum

Paul Cook Criticism on 20:58 - Apr 13 by Trequartista

Cook hasn't had the benefit of two flying starts to seasons, which rather skew Lambert's stats. 50% of the latter's League wins came in the opening ten matches of a season, but just 9% of losses.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Paul Cook Criticism on 21:13 - Apr 13 with 1652 viewsTractorWood

Paul Cook Criticism on 21:12 - Apr 13 by Guthrum

Cook hasn't had the benefit of two flying starts to seasons, which rather skew Lambert's stats. 50% of the latter's League wins came in the opening ten matches of a season, but just 9% of losses.

You can't cherry pick which Lambert fixtures you want to include in his record as manager.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Paul Cook Criticism on 21:16 - Apr 13 with 1635 viewsChurchman

Paul Cook Criticism on 21:11 - Apr 13 by TractorWood

Have results been impressive? No
Have performances been impressive? No
Has he said anything impressive? No

The general sentiment of being underwhelmed is entirely reasonable.

Ok you want him gone. Who do you want to replace him? Do you want Lambert back? The logic of your argument suggests just that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024