Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Super League is a massive step 00:17 - Apr 19 with 881 viewsDarth_Koont

But not as bad as the death by a thousand cuts we’ve seen over the past 30-odd years. The difference is that now 90% of clubs are officially on the outside rather than just unofficially.

I think the genie’s been out of the bottle for far too long. Even if the Super League is somehow blocked then there’ll be concessions made that will screw over clubs like us just as much if not more, like a closed shop Premier League.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Super League is a massive step on 00:21 - Apr 19 with 839 viewschrismakin

It'll just become a joke I think,

What if after a handful of games in this midweek league you are bottom of your group of 10, do you suddenly play your kids and then concentrate on your actual league

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The Super League is a massive step on 01:08 - Apr 19 with 763 viewsJ2BLUE

The Super League is a massive step on 00:21 - Apr 19 by chrismakin

It'll just become a joke I think,

What if after a handful of games in this midweek league you are bottom of your group of 10, do you suddenly play your kids and then concentrate on your actual league

I assume they'll be three English teams in each ten team group? To add to the glamour and keep derbies in I suspect we'll get the north London teams and Chelsea in one and the Manchester teams and Liverpool in the other. So we'll see Chelsea vs Arsenal in the Super League. Quite funny really considering that is one of the most boring fixtures in the Premier League.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Super League is a massive step on 06:23 - Apr 19 with 626 viewswkj

The Super League is a massive step on 01:08 - Apr 19 by J2BLUE

I assume they'll be three English teams in each ten team group? To add to the glamour and keep derbies in I suspect we'll get the north London teams and Chelsea in one and the Manchester teams and Liverpool in the other. So we'll see Chelsea vs Arsenal in the Super League. Quite funny really considering that is one of the most boring fixtures in the Premier League.

Quite, Liverpool VS Everton trump it by a country mile - and even that derby is nothing all that exciting.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The Super League is a massive step on 06:50 - Apr 19 with 572 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

The Super League is a massive step on 07:20 - Apr 19 with 511 viewsCornishMariner

Agree. When was the last time the FA cup was actually exciting, for example, with so many teams happy to field weakened teams and fixtures spread over the long weekend? It all started with the Premier League, which has distorted not only the cups but also the Championship.
Also agree that a lot of these "top" matches are deadly boring. If they become commonplace it will be even worse.

Poll: Between now and the new season will you mostly be ....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024