Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McGuiness simply isn't ready 19:33 - Apr 20 with 2795 viewsStokieBlue

He's been woeful.

Oh, 2-0.

Sigh.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:36 - Apr 20 with 1397 viewsHerbivore

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:24 - Apr 20 by Chrisd

Let’s talk about tonight’s match, whose playing well for us then in your opinion? For me, it is the whole season, our overall failure isn’t just about another inept TEAM display and an indifferent performance from a young defender at Northampton.

Why are you so defensive over McGuiness? It's utterly bizarre. He's been poor most of the season, he's been abysmal tonight. You can't bring yourself to acknowledge that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:37 - Apr 20 with 1384 viewsITFC_96

Am I the only one in thinking all he does is slide tackle or head the ball miles away? Every single time he heads the ball it goes about 20 metres away and out for a throw in...
McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:38 - Apr 20 with 1375 viewsgordon

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:14 - Apr 20 by pointofblue

Maybe I'm a bit blind when it comes to Woolfenden but when you look at how he played last season there's certainly a player in there. I think he's been treated awfully this season - I think I counted that he's only been partnered in the middle by someone older than him in just three matches this season, then had a number of matches at right back. He needs someone experienced beside him still, not a kid who hadn't played a minute of league football before he joined us.

Yes - totally baffling that McGuinness gets game-time, he's nowhere near good enough to start in League One - hopefully it's contractual and not Cook's judgement that he should play ahead of Chambers or Nsiala.
McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:40 - Apr 20 with 1365 viewsChrisd

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:36 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

Why are you so defensive over McGuiness? It's utterly bizarre. He's been poor most of the season, he's been abysmal tonight. You can't bring yourself to acknowledge that.

Like most of our own players? Come on, if you are digging the Arsenal lad out at least be consistent and fair in your assessment. There’s some bloody awful displays out there tonight and have been from our own players for the last few seasons.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 20:41]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:41 - Apr 20 with 1353 viewsHerbivore

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:40 - Apr 20 by Chrisd

Like most of our own players? Come on, if you are digging the Arsenal lad out at least be consistent and fair in your assessment. There’s some bloody awful displays out there tonight and have been from our own players for the last few seasons.

There you go again. Utterly bizarre.

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:44 - Apr 20 with 1332 viewsChrisd

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:41 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

There you go again. Utterly bizarre.

So you can’t, that tells me enough.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 20:45]

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:46 - Apr 20 with 1325 viewsHerbivore

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:44 - Apr 20 by Chrisd

So you can’t, that tells me enough.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 20:45]

Can't what? Understand your weird leaping to McGuiness' defence whenever anyone criticises him? You're right on that one.

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:50 - Apr 20 with 1319 viewsChrisd

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:46 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

Can't what? Understand your weird leaping to McGuiness' defence whenever anyone criticises him? You're right on that one.

You don’t actually answer any sensible responses because it doesn’t suit your agenda... utterly pathetic, pretty much our like our side currently. I’m still waiting to see Jackson light it up?
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 20:53]

Login to get fewer ads

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:52 - Apr 20 with 1309 viewsHerbivore

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:50 - Apr 20 by Chrisd

You don’t actually answer any sensible responses because it doesn’t suit your agenda... utterly pathetic, pretty much our like our side currently. I’m still waiting to see Jackson light it up?
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 20:53]

Post a sensible response or a question that makes sense and I'll respond. So far all I'm seeing from you on a thread about McGuiness being poor is you trying to deflect attention on to the rest of the team. I don't really get it, maybe you're related to him or something.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 20:55]

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:53 - Apr 20 with 1307 viewsPique

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:40 - Apr 20 by Chrisd

While this is true, McGuinness has been pretty terrible tonight and throughout the season. He’s way out of his depth and, given that he isn’t our player, his presence at Ipswich is utterly pointless.
McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:58 - Apr 20 with 1283 viewsChrisd

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:52 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

Post a sensible response or a question that makes sense and I'll respond. So far all I'm seeing from you on a thread about McGuiness being poor is you trying to deflect attention on to the rest of the team. I don't really get it, maybe you're related to him or something.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 20:55]

It’s alright, I know others like to hang off your every word, but I’m not one them. I think when I make reference to the fact that our team’s failure to perform, not just McGuinness, that’s pretty clear, but you chose to ignore that, Thanks for the tip though Mr Jackson, I hope your son performs better once he gets his move away from us.

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 21:03 - Apr 20 with 1269 viewsHerbivore

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 20:58 - Apr 20 by Chrisd

It’s alright, I know others like to hang off your every word, but I’m not one them. I think when I make reference to the fact that our team’s failure to perform, not just McGuinness, that’s pretty clear, but you chose to ignore that, Thanks for the tip though Mr Jackson, I hope your son performs better once he gets his move away from us.

Your point is irrelevant to the thread though and you do this every time. Someone points out that McGuiness is hopeless and within seconds you're in there telling us that others are poor too. It's bizarre.

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 21:23 - Apr 20 with 1247 viewsChrisd

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 21:03 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

Your point is irrelevant to the thread though and you do this every time. Someone points out that McGuiness is hopeless and within seconds you're in there telling us that others are poor too. It's bizarre.

Is it? Of course it isn't, again you've twisted it to suit you and you're over inflated opinion. If our squad was playing well and it was perhaps McGuiness and couple of others that weren't performing then that's fair enough. However, you look at our squad, the experience in it and the number of games some of these players have played at this level and higher and we aren't then questioning them? Then that's bizarre! It goes hand in hand. Yes, McGuiness didn't play well, but you then can't dig him out without mentioning a lot of his more experienced team mates tonight, including your mate Jackson, over the course of this season and over the last couple of campaigns. They've been pretty abject and that's being kind.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 7:52]

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 21:34 - Apr 20 with 1227 viewsHerbivore

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 21:23 - Apr 20 by Chrisd

Is it? Of course it isn't, again you've twisted it to suit you and you're over inflated opinion. If our squad was playing well and it was perhaps McGuiness and couple of others that weren't performing then that's fair enough. However, you look at our squad, the experience in it and the number of games some of these players have played at this level and higher and we aren't then questioning them? Then that's bizarre! It goes hand in hand. Yes, McGuiness didn't play well, but you then can't dig him out without mentioning a lot of his more experienced team mates tonight, including your mate Jackson, over the course of this season and over the last couple of campaigns. They've been pretty abject and that's being kind.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 7:52]

Why can't I dig him out without digging out others? This thread is about him after all. He was hopeless tonight and has been much of the season. And he's not even our player, ffs.

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 21:40 - Apr 20 with 1214 viewsChrisd

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 21:34 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

Why can't I dig him out without digging out others? This thread is about him after all. He was hopeless tonight and has been much of the season. And he's not even our player, ffs.

How many threads on here digress from the OP, pretty much all of them to some degree. Tonight's result isn't solely on a 19 year old lad, I agree he didn't play well, but 99% of this lot haven't played well for a considerable amount of time even before McGuiness' signing this season.

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 21:41 - Apr 20 with 1211 viewscatch74

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 19:53 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

We needed a right back, we didn't need a centre back. Woolf was only a couple of weeks away from being fit and Wilson and Nsiala were playing at the time. A right back would have freed Chambers up to go back into his natural position, plus we still had Ndaba as back up if needed. Instead we signed another CB, persisted with Chambers put of position for most of the season, ruined Woolf's development, and got very little of any use out of McGuiness. Utterly muddled thinking.

100% this.

MC Guinness has had one fantastic game this season, sadly against us.
With you on Nbada, could have covered Left back, he’s also played a few games in a 2 in front of a back four for Ayr - so even more cover/ substitute options.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 21:41 - Apr 20 with 1208 viewspointofblue

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 21:40 - Apr 20 by Chrisd

How many threads on here digress from the OP, pretty much all of them to some degree. Tonight's result isn't solely on a 19 year old lad, I agree he didn't play well, but 99% of this lot haven't played well for a considerable amount of time even before McGuiness' signing this season.

My bigger issue is he shouldn't be part of the line up as we're looking at next season. Same with Bennetts.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 21:43 - Apr 20 with 1206 viewsArnieM

Isn’t ready ...or not good enough ? He’s not a kid

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 21:45 - Apr 20 with 1204 viewspointofblue

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 21:43 - Apr 20 by ArnieM

Isn’t ready ...or not good enough ? He’s not a kid

He's 19. That's young for a centre back. The problem is for most of the matches he's been paired with a 22-year old which had basically scuppered them both.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 21:46 - Apr 20 with 1203 viewsChrisd

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 21:41 - Apr 20 by pointofblue

My bigger issue is he shouldn't be part of the line up as we're looking at next season. Same with Bennetts.

I'm with you on this Point of Blue and I understand your point. To be fair, I wouldn't have played anyone that isn't going to be here next season after the Charlton game. Play some of our U23s and see what they can do. I know mathematically we still had a chance of the Play Offs, but realistically we could all see we just aren't or weren't performing to what is required to make the top 6. Hopefully, this result puts that all to bed now.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 21:47]

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 21:51 - Apr 20 with 1180 viewsHerbivore

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 21:40 - Apr 20 by Chrisd

"99% of this lot haven't played well for a considerable amount of time even before McGuiness' signing this season."

We were top of the league and unbeaten when McGuiness signed.

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 21:58 - Apr 20 with 1173 viewsChrisd

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 21:51 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

"99% of this lot haven't played well for a considerable amount of time even before McGuiness' signing this season."

We were top of the league and unbeaten when McGuiness signed.

So it is all on him then? Not a collective effort? After his 18 or so games for us (not sure of the exact number and this includes cup games), even though we've played 42 games in the league?!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 22:08]

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 22:11 - Apr 20 with 1161 viewsHerbivore

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 21:58 - Apr 20 by Chrisd

So it is all on him then? Not a collective effort? After his 18 or so games for us (not sure of the exact number and this includes cup games), even though we've played 42 games in the league?!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 22:08]

No, it's not all on him. But you suggested 99% of our players weren't playing well before McGuiness arrived when that's not really the case, given we were top and unbeaten when he arrived. I certainly don't think McGuiness has helped our cause at all. And get this, he's not even our player.

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 22:22 - Apr 20 with 1153 viewsChrisd

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 22:11 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

No, it's not all on him. But you suggested 99% of our players weren't playing well before McGuiness arrived when that's not really the case, given we were top and unbeaten when he arrived. I certainly don't think McGuiness has helped our cause at all. And get this, he's not even our player.

No, it's not all on him, football is a 'team' game success or failure is not solely on the shoulders of any one individual. Collectively, we've been extremely poor for a very long time and that's why we have ultimately melted away. Even when we were top this season and last we weren't convincing and you've even alluded to this in the past in your posts.

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 22:33 - Apr 20 with 1140 viewsHerbivore

McGuiness simply isn't ready on 22:22 - Apr 20 by Chrisd

No, it's not all on him, football is a 'team' game success or failure is not solely on the shoulders of any one individual. Collectively, we've been extremely poor for a very long time and that's why we have ultimately melted away. Even when we were top this season and last we weren't convincing and you've even alluded to this in the past in your posts.

Yeah, you might've said.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024