Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Impressed with New Owners 08:04 - Apr 23 with 1094 viewsSenatorBlue

Have to say, although still early days, and much of the build and hard work is still to be done and proven, the new owners have been everything I would hope.

Clear ambition, vision and abundantly clear they have a plan. Quickly assimilating an off field team with experienced football operators. Backing the manager, with a clear understanding that this currently is not his team, and a willingness to back a full player clear out, to get the culture and quality they desire.

They also all speak exceptionally well. Clearly excited and ambitious, but reserved and balanced in their comments and expectations.

Really looking forward to this summer onwards.
Impressed with New Owners on 08:10 - Apr 23 with 1056 viewsDubtractor

Yep, with you on this.

Obviously comes with the huge caveat that it is much easier to say the right things than to do them, but I really couldn't be any more encouraged by what they have had to say, and how they have said it. Obviously they are money men first and foremost, but they clearly have a huge passion for football with it, and crucially it seems a very good understanding of the game too.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Impressed with New Owners on 08:13 - Apr 23 with 1034 viewschrismakin

Need to see some organisation from PC now
Who his assistant will be. Gk coach etc

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Impressed with New Owners on 08:45 - Apr 23 with 956 viewsIpswichKnight

They are clearly backing him for this window but they want us out of this league and I get the impression they won’t waste time in moving Cook on if they don’t think he’s the man to get us out of L1.
Impressed with New Owners on 09:08 - Apr 23 with 901 viewsGuthrum

I think the significant improvement is the fact that they not only appear to have a strategy in mind, but are able and willing to express it clearly from the start. They are letting fans in on the plan, which breeds confidence and trust. It allows a longer-term view than just the next set of results.

Unfortunately, the silence or generalities of the Evans era just resulted in confusion and fear of a lack of direction. By the time the "Five Point Plan" came along, nobody believed in its efficacy or the strength of will behind it. Which, in turn, harmed fan morale when things seemed to be drifting.

I think the idea in the latter case was that the Manager would be the principal mouthpiece. However, the modern supporter is not used to such a setup and it was plain that he did not have full executive authority in certain areas (e.g. budgeting and transfers). We could see that some of them were getting frustrated by circumstances beyond their control, which were never fully explained or discussed.

Fluent communication is a very important factor in a modern football club with social media-literate fans, if the owners wish to create a positive and united atmosphere.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Impressed with New Owners on 10:58 - Apr 23 with 762 viewsHighgateBlue

Impressed with New Owners on 09:08 - Apr 23 by Guthrum

I think the significant improvement is the fact that they not only appear to have a strategy in mind, but are able and willing to express it clearly from the start. They are letting fans in on the plan, which breeds confidence and trust. It allows a longer-term view than just the next set of results.

Unfortunately, the silence or generalities of the Evans era just resulted in confusion and fear of a lack of direction. By the time the "Five Point Plan" came along, nobody believed in its efficacy or the strength of will behind it. Which, in turn, harmed fan morale when things seemed to be drifting.

I think the idea in the latter case was that the Manager would be the principal mouthpiece. However, the modern supporter is not used to such a setup and it was plain that he did not have full executive authority in certain areas (e.g. budgeting and transfers). We could see that some of them were getting frustrated by circumstances beyond their control, which were never fully explained or discussed.

Fluent communication is a very important factor in a modern football club with social media-literate fans, if the owners wish to create a positive and united atmosphere.

I'm such a big fan of Mike O'Leary - so positive and smiley whilst being intelligent and articulate. Just what was needed. I agree that the communication has improved no end. But in fairness to ME, I'm not sure that the plan articulated by the new regime is any less full of generalities than his initial plan was when he first arrived. It's easy to be enthusiastic and say where you want to get to. There's not been a lot of detail on how we're going to get there (I don't have a problem with this, I'm just saying it's similar to when Evans started), and even more importantly, whether the new regime can walk the walk will be more important than talking the talk. Not only have we seen new lows since Lambert and then Evans left, but alarmingly so. We can all be positive and hope that it is a blip, and of course they deserve the benefit of the doubt for a considerable while. COYB.
Impressed with New Owners on 11:10 - Apr 23 with 735 viewschrismakin

Impressed with New Owners on 10:58 - Apr 23 by HighgateBlue

I'm such a big fan of Mike O'Leary - so positive and smiley whilst being intelligent and articulate. Just what was needed. I agree that the communication has improved no end. But in fairness to ME, I'm not sure that the plan articulated by the new regime is any less full of generalities than his initial plan was when he first arrived. It's easy to be enthusiastic and say where you want to get to. There's not been a lot of detail on how we're going to get there (I don't have a problem with this, I'm just saying it's similar to when Evans started), and even more importantly, whether the new regime can walk the walk will be more important than talking the talk. Not only have we seen new lows since Lambert and then Evans left, but alarmingly so. We can all be positive and hope that it is a blip, and of course they deserve the benefit of the doubt for a considerable while. COYB.

Eh? new football experienced chairman. Experienced ceo. Experienced operations manager. Head of recruitment etc all being sorted..

Much more than Evans achieved in 14 years.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Impressed with New Owners on 11:18 - Apr 23 with 710 viewsbluefunk

Not sure how you can say Evans had the same goals, because he never communicated anything directly to the fans or media. You might infer he had them, but there was nothing from him for far too long. Contrast this with direct communication from the new owners/team
Impressed with New Owners on 11:40 - Apr 23 with 681 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Loved the interview on TT last night.

All their passion and enthusiasm. 100% support for Cook.

Compare their approach and vision to the 5 points plans from the close past.
Login to get fewer ads

Impressed with New Owners on 11:46 - Apr 23 with 664 viewsSwansea_Blue

Impressed with New Owners on 11:10 - Apr 23 by chrismakin

Eh? new football experienced chairman. Experienced ceo. Experienced operations manager. Head of recruitment etc all being sorted..

Much more than Evans achieved in 14 years.

I was about to post that it's early days and they haven't really done much yet. But then when you put it like that, it's been a very sold start. We just need to see if it works now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Impressed with New Owners on 12:00 - Apr 23 with 638 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've only just got round to watching the whole of the early interview he did with the club (only seen snippets before). He speaks very well indeed; seems knowledgeable, personable and very switched on.The openness of O'Leary dn the new owners to explain to us what's been going on is also a welcome change. That's a big difference compared to Evan's start when he wanted to remain unseen.

None of this backroom stuff should be too exciting for us fans. What we really want to see is a rapid improvement on the pitch. But it does feel like that are putting down some decent foundations. I'm not even too worried about the negativity around Ashton. Just having that role and someone who can lead in that role is mile ahead of where we were under Evans. I'm sure O'Leary working alongside him will also help to minimise any potentially rash decisions.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024