Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positives from this Season 16:15 - Apr 29 with 2266 viewsBeyriey

Here me out, but surely Toto Nsiala's consistency has been one of the few positives to take from this season? He's been a quiet workhorse, hasn't done too many wrong. He's a player I'd keep for next season, even if he becomes a backup.
Positives from this Season on 08:50 - Apr 30 with 247 viewsMrTown

Had a sticky patch, think had a spell where he gave 3 penalties in the space of a few games.

But, since Cook has come in, he is one of a very very few who has done ok.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Positives from this Season on 08:56 - Apr 30 with 230 viewsTieDyedIn95

He's done well considering. A lot of supporters are still blaming Hurst for this squad, but he signed about 6 of the players, 1 one of which is on loan and most people agree Toto has had a good season. Even Edwards has had an alright season on balance.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Positives from this Season on 09:11 - Apr 30 with 207 viewsurbanblue

.... that we didn't give a lot of the players new contracts. We used to moan how the club let contracts wind down, but that's been the big blessing this season.
Positives from this Season on 10:18 - Apr 30 with 188 viewsfranz_tyson

He’s a good backs to the wall defender. Gets blocks and headers in when we’re under the cosh. Doesn’t look so good when we’re stretched and he gets turned.
Leave it up to Cook. I’m still waiting to see what type of football Cook plays. If Toto is not his type of player, best to say goodbye.
And he’s another where people will say he’s “good as back up”. There’s too many of those types I’m hearing and why would you want to keep players who are content as a back-up squad player? Everyone should be busting a gut to get into the first eleven. I’d keep Toto over Wilson or Chambers if there was a choice, though.
Positives from this Season on 10:20 - Apr 30 with 187 viewsBiGDonnie

It's nearly over?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Wait and see what happens when.... on 10:21 - Apr 30 with 189 viewsBloots

....he has to play in front of a crowd again.

I expect his legs will turn to jelly and he'll start panicking again.

He'll turn into a jibbering wreck after his first mistake.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Positives from this Season on 11:47 - Apr 30 with 161 viewsdirtyboy

I'd say, other than the final table position, this season is a blessing in disguise.

Squad overhaul incomming. Whoever stays are obviously good enough in Cook's book and that's fine by me.

The new owners are saying all the right things and communicating which is huge in any organisation.

In isolation, the defence has been good already and can improve.

Attacking we've been beyond abject...that cannot do anything other than improve!

Structure overhaul is looking smart and well thought out, I think we'll have a better image over the next year.

Youth set ups doing well (but shouldn't rely or read too much into that and put pressure on it to create first teamers).

Nydam and KVY back from long term injuries.

Plenty to be positive about right?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024