Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine being a player 16:12 - May 9 with 1043 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Not necessarily at Town and simply not winning anything, ever.

Would you look back on your career and think "well that was a complete waste of time" or would you be too busy counting how many houses you have purchased?
Imagine being a player on 16:14 - May 9 with 1006 viewsSarge

The latter. You got to make a career out of your hobby and it means you probably never have to experience the drudgery of most people’s office lives. If you can retire at 35 it’s a pretty successful career I’d say.
Imagine being a player on 16:22 - May 9 with 947 viewsSpruceMoose

Most players never win feck all.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Imagine being a player on 16:33 - May 9 with 886 viewsTractorCam

Come the end of your career, most would probably think about individual success rather than trophies. Obviously if say Chambers you've spent your whole career in the top 2/3 leagues of football, then you've had a good career.

I saw Jon Stead won his first trophy in his final match, which will be the icing on the cake for him. But I doubt he would have thought he wasted a career without it.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Imagine being a player on 16:43 - May 9 with 837 viewsJ2BLUE

Imagine being a player on 16:33 - May 9 by TractorCam

Come the end of your career, most would probably think about individual success rather than trophies. Obviously if say Chambers you've spent your whole career in the top 2/3 leagues of football, then you've had a good career.

I saw Jon Stead won his first trophy in his final match, which will be the icing on the cake for him. But I doubt he would have thought he wasted a career without it.

Stead is a good example of a good career without winning much. He won the play offs with Harrogate as well.

Agree with the OP though, it must be disappointing not to have a promotion on your CV or something to say you were there. A career playing for mid table teams might be better than sitting in an office but I would imagine there's some legitimate regret.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Imagine being a player on 16:47 - May 9 with 807 viewsIllinoisblue

99% of pro players aren’t amassing property empires. Getting paid handsomely to play footy every week is a win itself.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Imagine being a player on 16:51 - May 9 with 776 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Imagine being a player on 16:47 - May 9 by Illinoisblue

99% of pro players aren’t amassing property empires. Getting paid handsomely to play footy every week is a win itself.

If you find yourself single with £5k a week income, you have to be buying a house/flat every other month on a buy-to-let mortgage don't you?
Imagine being a player on 16:58 - May 9 with 718 viewsBABLUE

Imagine being a player on 16:51 - May 9 by BlueBlueBluex2

If you find yourself single with £5k a week income, you have to be buying a house/flat every other month on a buy-to-let mortgage don't you?

No
Imagine being a player on 17:00 - May 9 with 703 viewsPendejo

It's all relative, I only ever played for fun, so could envy someone who played top division Sunday morning stuff.

Even if someone played L2 all their career with no trophies they've still been more successful than someone who never rose above National League who may have won some minor cup competition.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Login to get fewer ads

Imagine being a player on 17:16 - May 9 with 661 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Imagine being a player on 16:58 - May 9 by BABLUE

No

No? Can you expand on that a little?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024