Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lankester 13:15 - May 13 with 988 viewsGarv

This is a rather small point considering the amount of debate and emotion on here today, but he's unlucky if he's one of those to be chucked , isn't he?

He was probably the biggest highlight of a miserable relegation season. He's then injured for what, 18 months? Comes back, plays a few games and scores twice during the first half of the season. Hasn't been seen since and now he's going to be out the door?

I know people will probably feel more strongly about the likes of Woolfenden, Downes, Dozzell, Dobra etc. But at least they have proved, if you like, that they're not up to it (Cook might think) and/or might want to leave anyway (Downes?) but Lankester has barely had a chance and when he has he's not disgraced himself.

He had a few iffy moments this season. I seem to remember he gave the ball away for one of the Charlton goals quite badly. But if we're talking about wanting players to give a little bit more and try things, surely Lankester is one we should try and work with?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Lankester on 13:17 - May 13 with 958 viewsitfcpaul

He has been injured again

So not a great injury record to be able t put s faith in him to be available

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Lankester on 13:33 - May 13 with 899 viewsSteve_M

I'm concerned that JL isn't going to be the player he looked like being back in 2018, the goal at Sunderland aside he's offered very little to the team. He's been a shadow of the fearless teenager who broke through. Being prepared to let him go makes more sense than some of the others.

On the other hand Downes, Wolfenden and Dozzell have shown that they can play regularly and I really don't think it is the case that they 'aren't up to it' as is likely to be shown when we sell them cheaply.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 13:55]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Lankester on 13:37 - May 13 with 858 viewschrismakin

We don't see the training though, and on his brief playing appearences, he didn't look anything close to what he was

We learnt with Judge, Huws etc how much a player can change following injury.

Yes it can go the other way..... but maybe he just continued not to show enough, and if injured again which is potentially what happened... that's another one for him

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Lankester on 14:02 - May 13 with 798 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don't think he's been unlucky based on his performances this year, sadly. He was pretty anonymous when on the pitch. It's a hard season to judge someone though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lankester on 14:29 - May 13 with 733 viewsGarv

Lankester on 13:33 - May 13 by Steve_M

I'm concerned that JL isn't going to be the player he looked like being back in 2018, the goal at Sunderland aside he's offered very little to the team. He's been a shadow of the fearless teenager who broke through. Being prepared to let him go makes more sense than some of the others.

On the other hand Downes, Wolfenden and Dozzell have shown that they can play regularly and I really don't think it is the case that they 'aren't up to it' as is likely to be shown when we sell them cheaply.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 13:55]

As it happens I agree on Downes, Dozzell and Woolfenden. I'd be least upset by AD going, but simultaneously can see it as a risk.

Making it so obvious we're happy for those three to leave, if true, seems odd.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Lankester on 14:33 - May 13 with 712 viewssolemio

Lankester on 13:37 - May 13 by chrismakin

We don't see the training though, and on his brief playing appearences, he didn't look anything close to what he was

We learnt with Judge, Huws etc how much a player can change following injury.

Yes it can go the other way..... but maybe he just continued not to show enough, and if injured again which is potentially what happened... that's another one for him

Yes, even going back to better times injuries can ruin careers. Think David Lowe and Gavin Johnson. I thought both of those might well go on to be full England internationals. After their serious injuries they just weren't the same players.
Lankester on 14:40 - May 13 with 669 viewsBloomBlue

Lankester on 13:17 - May 13 by itfcpaul

He has been injured again

So not a great injury record to be able t put s faith in him to be available

But so has KVY . Although maybe he has also been told he can find another club
Lankester on 14:49 - May 13 with 613 viewschrismakin

Lankester on 14:40 - May 13 by BloomBlue

But so has KVY . Although maybe he has also been told he can find another club

But in KYV we saw in his recent games, despite his first injury spell he didn't look out of place, Lankester however looked lost.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024