Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grealish 13:43 - Jun 18 with 887 viewsBelsteadCav

When does Southgate let him loose?

I’m still convinced if he played for a “ big team” he would start

He’s the best attacking midfielder we have, completely different.

Scotland will be up for it, diving in tackles, he’d have a field day

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Grealish on 13:47 - Jun 18 with 868 viewsSwansea_Blue

I like him too. Foden is a talent for sure, but Grealish controls the game more (imo). He'll probably stay on the bench or get a token start if we qualify early. Southgate doesn't appear to rate him much as the others.

Although it'd be hard to leave Foden out after the season he's had and he offers a bit more of a goal threat.

A nice choice to have at the end of the day.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Grealish on 13:49 - Jun 18 with 845 viewsBelsteadCav

Grealish on 13:47 - Jun 18 by Swansea_Blue

I like him too. Foden is a talent for sure, but Grealish controls the game more (imo). He'll probably stay on the bench or get a token start if we qualify early. Southgate doesn't appear to rate him much as the others.

Although it'd be hard to leave Foden out after the season he's had and he offers a bit more of a goal threat.

I’d play Grealish and Foden off Kane, it would work.

But Southgate loves Sterling and Rasford, so I can’t see it happening bar injuries

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Grealish on 13:54 - Jun 18 with 818 viewsSwansea_Blue

Grealish on 13:49 - Jun 18 by BelsteadCav

But Southgate loves Sterling and Rasford, so I can’t see it happening bar injuries

Yes, I suppose I should have brought Sterling and Rashford into it. It'd need a change of formation wouldn't it, but certainly doable. I don't see why he couldn't play Grealish behind Kane with 2 of Sterling/Fodon/Rashford out wide either.

I do hope Grealish gets on as he's definitely deserved it. He's been a class above at Villa and pretty much single handedly saved their season. They went on a terrible run of form when he was out injured.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Grealish on 13:58 - Jun 18 with 797 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Grealish on 13:47 - Jun 18 by Swansea_Blue

I think GS sees him as more of a luxury than Foden. I disagree, I think Grealish does just as much in defence as he does in attack.

My only criticism of Grealish would be his decision making can sometimes be a bit wayward, electing to shoot, when other players are in goalscoring positions for example.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Grealish on 14:11 - Jun 18 with 758 viewsOsborneOneNil

Might start tonight.
Grealish on 14:17 - Jun 18 with 736 viewsTractorJack

I'm a massive fan and would start him ordinarily but can see why Southgate isn't given the time he had out injured. He was still icing his shin when he came off in the friendly the other week.
Grealish on 14:22 - Jun 18 with 720 viewsParsley

Grealish on 14:17 - Jun 18 by TractorJack

I'm a massive fan and would start him ordinarily but can see why Southgate isn't given the time he had out injured. He was still icing his shin when he came off in the friendly the other week.

Maybe if he wore proper shinpads that would help...

Personally I'd start him over Phillips today. Harsh considering Phillips was MOTM against Croatia but I don't think two holding midfielders are necessary and creativity is going to be vital to break down Scotland.
Grealish on 14:30 - Jun 18 with 692 viewsChurchman

I’d play him. Annoying individual he may be, but he can certainly play.

Controversially I’d play him instead of Stirling, but that’s not going to happen
Login to get fewer ads

Grealish on 14:31 - Jun 18 with 689 viewsrickw

I would consider changing all wide players - both full backs and wingers.
Whoever plays or is rested isn't much stronger/weaker than the others

So potentially you could have Shaw and James full backs and then Grealish and Rashford/Sancho either side of Kane

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Grealish on 14:35 - Jun 18 with 670 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Grealish on 14:22 - Jun 18 by Parsley

Maybe if he wore proper shinpads that would help...

Personally I'd start him over Phillips today. Harsh considering Phillips was MOTM against Croatia but I don't think two holding midfielders are necessary and creativity is going to be vital to break down Scotland.

Philips was magnificent against Croatia, and was the epitome of a box-to-box midfielder, rather than a DM or holding player.
Grealish on 14:37 - Jun 18 with 656 viewschicoazul

Grealish on 13:49 - Jun 18 by BelsteadCav

No pace in behind

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Grealish on 14:58 - Jun 18 with 620 viewsvapour_trail

Grealish on 14:35 - Jun 18 by ArnoldMoorhen

Philips was magnificent against Croatia, and was the epitome of a box-to-box midfielder, rather than a DM or holding player.

It’s funny people describe Phillips as a holding or defensive midfielder. Both he and Rice are box to box for their clubs.

Then Southgate puts them together and people use it as a stick to beat him with. Silly people.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Grealish on 15:05 - Jun 18 with 597 viewsbluefunk

Southgate will want to pin Robertson back, so he will go for pace on England’s right side, if Grealish does play it will either be left or as a #10, but it’s equally possible that he’ll come on as they tire.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024