Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow - come on Hungary! n/t (n/t) 20:13 - Jun 23 with 1939 viewsRyorry

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Wow - come on Hungary! n/t (n/t) on 22:19 - Jun 23 with 501 viewsWeWereZombies

Wow - come on Hungary! n/t (n/t) on 22:14 - Jun 23 by The_Last_Baron

Really? Tonight was fantastic, let's keep it to football. Hungary did their country proud. England v Germany is going to be a magnificent night at Wembley.

And whooooosh...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Wow - come on Hungary! n/t (n/t) on 22:21 - Jun 23 with 488 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Wow - come on Hungary! n/t (n/t) on 21:36 - Jun 23 by jeera

Gotta say the same.

I don't want to see representatives of any of the racist regimes going anywhere but back to their caves.

Include Russia and Poland in that 'backwards' category.

Another man obsessed.

Let me let you in on a secret...a nation's Government does not represent the people of that nation. You do know that virtually every European Government (bar Russian and Belarus if their elections are to be believed) gain power with less than 50% of the vote.

Enjoy the football. Tonight was fantastic and we have the perfect game for England to look forward to.

Belgium v Portugal is a hell of a tie to look forward to as well.

Croatia v Spain, Even France v the Swiss could throw up a surprise although I doubt it. Wales v Denmark will be a cracker.

If England beat Germany I believe they'll make the final. Southgate gets lucky with the draw again.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

You are of course correct, but.... on 22:24 - Jun 23 with 488 viewsBloots

Wow - come on Hungary! n/t (n/t) on 22:11 - Jun 23 by factual_blue

So why don't you select 'football' if posting about football, and 'general' if not?

You're undermining the entire principle of the two separate boards.

To explain a bit further, the preferences one sets are for what you view; either just 'football', just 'general'. You still have to select which part of the forum you wish your posts to appear on. Why not choose the correct one? That doesn't stop you seeing your own posts if you've selected 'all', but it does show other posts the respect they deserve if they've chosen to view only one part of the forum.

And showing other posters respect is, of course, part of the terms & conditions of the site.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2021 22:16]

....for this issue to be such a concern to you then you must be choosing to only view "General" posts.

Now I can understand why someone would wish to only view "football" posts, I've chosen that option myself many times when to political bores have been in full flow, but to only visit this board to view the general posts and to choose to not view football posts is just a bit odd.

Surely there are better places you could go for all that nonsense?

To be so troubled by football posts on what is, still just about, a football forum is very strange.

Of course you could just be moaning for the sake of it.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

You are of course correct, but.... on 22:28 - Jun 23 with 454 viewsfactual_blue

You are of course correct, but.... on 22:24 - Jun 23 by Bloots

....for this issue to be such a concern to you then you must be choosing to only view "General" posts.

Now I can understand why someone would wish to only view "football" posts, I've chosen that option myself many times when to political bores have been in full flow, but to only visit this board to view the general posts and to choose to not view football posts is just a bit odd.

To be so troubled by football posts on what is, still just about, a football forum is very strange.

I've recently found the football section dull and repetitive.

I like a bit of intellectual stimulus, a bit of a laugh, and one doesn't get that on the football section.

And the football only mob are very quick to jump on interlopers on 'their side' of the forum.

Personally, I think it would make more sense to not split the board.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

You are of course correct, but.... on 22:28 - Jun 23 with 469 viewsWeWereZombies

You are of course correct, but.... on 22:24 - Jun 23 by Bloots

https://www.pensionersforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,26126.0.html

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Wow - come on Hungary! n/t (n/t) on 22:34 - Jun 23 with 456 viewsCrock

Wow - come on Hungary! n/t (n/t) on 22:21 - Jun 23 by The_Last_Baron

Another man obsessed.

Let me let you in on a secret...a nation's Government does not represent the people of that nation. You do know that virtually every European Government (bar Russian and Belarus if their elections are to be believed) gain power with less than 50% of the vote.

Enjoy the football. Tonight was fantastic and we have the perfect game for England to look forward to.

Croatia v Spain, Even France v the Swiss could throw up a surprise although I doubt it. Wales v Denmark will be a cracker.

If England beat Germany I believe they'll make the final. Southgate gets lucky with the draw again.

So you think England will beat both Sweden and the Netherlands aswell?

Poll: Favourite number?

Wow - come on Hungary! n/t (n/t) on 22:39 - Jun 23 with 445 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Wow - come on Hungary! n/t (n/t) on 22:34 - Jun 23 by Crock

So you think England will beat both Sweden and the Netherlands aswell?

Sweden for sure, I watched their game with Poland today and they are bang average. Poland gave a terrible goal away after a minute, then Lewandowski somehow missed an open goal. 2-0 down Poland dominated and should have won the game.

Netherlands is a different kettle of fish, however having watched them they do not have a stronger squad than England. They were in an easy group. In any case I can see the Czechs giving them a close game and even beating them.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Wow - come on Hungary! n/t (n/t) on 22:51 - Jun 23 with 436 viewsRyorry

Wow - come on Hungary! n/t (n/t) on 22:11 - Jun 23 by factual_blue

So why don't you select 'football' if posting about football, and 'general' if not?

You're undermining the entire principle of the two separate boards.

To explain a bit further, the preferences one sets are for what you view; either just 'football', just 'general'. You still have to select which part of the forum you wish your posts to appear on. Why not choose the correct one? That doesn't stop you seeing your own posts if you've selected 'all', but it does show other posts the respect they deserve if they've chosen to view only one part of the forum.

And showing other posters respect is, of course, part of the terms & conditions of the site.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2021 22:16]

I consider I'm showing other posters rather more respect by not requiring them to go through the tedious process of having to switch from one forum to another in order to see at a glance the entire rich tapestry that this place has to offer, from football (obviously) to politics, birdwatching, health, music etc etc etc etc - which eclecticism is the joy of this place imho.

If you want to deliberately narrow your choices to be less varied & interesting, that's down to you.

Anyway, I'll put you on ignore now to avoid seeing the same tediously repetitive requests from you, and as I said earlier, you obviously have the freedom to do the same with me if my posts annoy you.

Edited to add that I've never asked anyone to move any of their posts anywhere else.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2021 11:48]

Login to get fewer ads

You are of course correct, but.... on 23:08 - Jun 23 with 423 viewsSitfcB

You are of course correct, but.... on 22:28 - Jun 23 by WeWereZombies

https://www.pensionersforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,26126.0.html

Harsh on Bloots.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

You are of course correct, but.... on 23:09 - Jun 23 with 420 viewsSitfcB

You are of course correct, but.... on 22:28 - Jun 23 by factual_blue

I've recently found the football section dull and repetitive.

I like a bit of intellectual stimulus, a bit of a laugh, and one doesn't get that on the football section.

And the football only mob are very quick to jump on interlopers on 'their side' of the forum.

Personally, I think it would make more sense to not split the board.

‘I like a bit of intellectual stimulus‘

You’re definitely in the wrong place.

If you don’t like the football chat then I don’t think this place is for you anymore, Gramps.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

You are of course correct, but.... on 23:20 - Jun 23 with 410 viewsRyorry

You are of course correct, but.... on 23:09 - Jun 23 by SitfcB

‘I like a bit of intellectual stimulus‘

You’re definitely in the wrong place.

If you don’t like the football chat then I don’t think this place is for you anymore, Gramps.

Late, tired & got numbers very wrong, hence edit. I stiil only start (on average) a couple of football "threads" a month tho, & the majority of those are just subject headers or 1-liners.

Sorry Gainsborough, hope this edit doesn't kybosh your reply!
[Post edited 24 Jun 2021 5:21]

You are of course correct, but.... on 23:47 - Jun 23 with 393 viewsgainsboroughblue

You are of course correct, but.... on 23:20 - Jun 23 by Ryorry

Late, tired & got numbers very wrong, hence edit. I stiil only start (on average) a couple of football "threads" a month tho, & the majority of those are just subject headers or 1-liners.

Sorry Gainsborough, hope this edit doesn't kybosh your reply!
[Post edited 24 Jun 2021 5:21]

Another irony is that this football post has gradually ceased to be about football.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Wow - come on Hungary! n/t (n/t) on 03:50 - Jun 24 with 348 viewsjeera

Wow - come on Hungary! n/t (n/t) on 22:21 - Jun 23 by The_Last_Baron

Another man obsessed.

I'm not sure you understand the words you use sometimes.

Their following isn't their government but it is a reflection. In case you missed it, they have a fascist regime in government.

They have, alongside that in their national team's following, an element that fits neither into sport nor modern day politics nor common decency.

As usual, it is you who gets all these things muddled up in your eagerness to show everyone what an apologist you are.

It's not a debate. You've been banging the same drum for a long time.

Happy to be of help sunshine.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2021 4:22]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024