Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think it was Vapour that alerted me to this the other week 01:47 - Jul 17 with 1124 viewsLord_Lucan

and I can't stop playing it

Fast forward to 1.13 as the start is typical Radiohead nonsense

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I think it was Vapour that alerted me to this the other week on 08:38 - Jul 17 with 977 viewsMullet

They have a few decent sessions with Smiths covers too and acoustic/alternative takes on songs which are really good.

Worth exploring youtube and putting them on when you work. Makes excellent background music and has the odd moment that makes distracts you and makes you listen.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I think it was Vapour that alerted me to this the other week on 08:58 - Jul 17 with 953 viewsvapour_trail

Hypnotic, that one. They’ve always liked a cover, from right back in the day:

Although Partridge did do it better, obvs.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

I think it was Vapour that alerted me to this the other week on 09:06 - Jul 17 with 933 viewsGlasgowBlue

I like that. Makes me think what a great band Radiohead could have been had they not given up making music after 1997 😉

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I think it was Vapour that alerted me to this the other week on 09:18 - Jul 17 with 890 viewsLord_Lucan

I think it was Vapour that alerted me to this the other week on 08:58 - Jul 17 by vapour_trail

Hypnotic, that one. They’ve always liked a cover, from right back in the day:

Although Partridge did do it better, obvs.

That's brilliant as well!

I love a cover because you can see how other people express things.

Radiohead are a bit of a weird one for me. I love them but I am not one of their mental disciples. I bought the early stuff and thats about as far as it goes, I suppose what got me was I reckon they are the nearest modern band to Pink Floyd. I think you will know what i mean. -

If anyone doesn't like Pink Floyd it's because their brain didn't quite reach it's capacity. I dunno, something happened, maybe the mother was a drinker or a smoker but I can tell you this, If I'm having a chit chat at the bar and some bod tells me that he doesn't like Pink Floyd but he likes U2 then I know for a fact his mum was on the white cider when she was pregnant.

Edit; thinking about it, I reckon everything has a massive effect on people and pregnancy and all that. I think I can pick point my daughters conception because at the time my mrs was so annoyed with me so I wasn't getting much. I'm pretty certain that the conception evening I was tripping, and I am convinced this is why she is creative, she is one of these weird art people.

Not sure what I was banging on RKD's conception. Poor bloke is the spit of me, it must have been some dodgy gear. I suppose he is a mini me, he tries to separate this by going vegan and reading bonkers books but ultimately he will end up being me. Poor bastard.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 9:38]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

I think it was Vapour that alerted me to this the other week on 09:19 - Jul 17 with 886 viewsRomeo4

Love it. Not seen that before so thanks for posting. I think I’ll be playing it a few times now too!
I think it was Vapour that alerted me to this the other week on 09:30 - Jul 17 with 845 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I think it was Vapour that alerted me to this the other week on 09:18 - Jul 17 by Lord_Lucan

Radiohead are a bit of a weird one for me. I love them but I am not one of their mental disciples. I bought the early stuff and thats about as far as it goes, I suppose what got me was I reckon they are the nearest modern band to Pink Floyd. I think you will know what i mean. -

If anyone doesn't like Pink Floyd it's because their brain didn't quite reach it's capacity. I dunno, something happened, maybe the mother was a drinker or a smoker but I can tell you this, If I'm having a chit chat at the bar and some bod tells me that he doesn't like Pink Floyd but he likes U2 then I know for a fact his mum was on the white cider when she was pregnant.

Edit; thinking about it, I reckon everything has a massive effect on people and pregnancy and all that. I think I can pick point my daughters conception because at the time my mrs was so annoyed with me so I wasn't getting much. I'm pretty certain that the conception evening I was tripping, and I am convinced this is why she is creative, she is one of these weird art people.

Not sure what I was banging on RKD's conception. Poor bloke is the spit of me, it must have been some dodgy gear. I suppose he is a mini me, he tries to separate this by going vegan and reading bonkers books but ultimately he will end up being me. Poor bastard.

For you and GB, 2003...

....need I go on?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I think it was Vapour that alerted me to this the other week on 09:47 - Jul 17 with 812 viewsvapour_trail

I think it was Vapour that alerted me to this the other week on 09:18 - Jul 17 by Lord_Lucan

For me, they really got going in the noughties when they started fcking around with electronics.

I take a similar view with Radiohead and Oasis. If you were knocking around in the 90s, and you’re into the latter over the former you’re edging towards flare up the arse territory.

And cricket, anyone who doesn’t get cricket I’m afraid needs to be considered a bit of a simpleton.

Regards to RKD, hopefully we will see him again sometime on these pages.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

I think it was Vapour that alerted me to this the other week on 09:49 - Jul 17 with 808 viewsBarcaBlue

I quite like rhis version

I mean it's still New Order but with Ian McCulloch on vocals.

I'd kind of forgotten the Bunnymen but have been listening to them a fair bit in the car recently and has made me quite nostalgic for (wild) hair.
Login to get fewer ads

I think it was Vapour that alerted me to this the other week on 10:46 - Jul 17 with 749 viewsLord_Lucan

I think it was Vapour that alerted me to this the other week on 09:47 - Jul 17 by vapour_trail

For me, they really got going in the noughties when they started fcking around with electronics.

I take a similar view with Radiohead and Oasis. If you were knocking around in the 90s, and you’re into the latter over the former you’re edging towards flare up the arse territory.

And cricket, anyone who doesn’t get cricket I’m afraid needs to be considered a bit of a simpleton.

Regards to RKD, hopefully we will see him again sometime on these pages.

I think cricket is a great point. It is undeniably the perfect sport, it shows up the Yanks and Yank type people immediately, we can watch a 5 day test that ends in a draw and sit back and marvel at what a contest it was, a Yanky sort cannot comprehend this, it is impossible for their limited brain to equate.

It's very fashionable for people to moan about the British Empire and countries that we raped and pillaged but when you think about it, they love a bit of cricket and I think that says a lot.

I think it was Vapour that alerted me to this the other week on 15:01 - Jul 17 with 639 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I think it was Vapour that alerted me to this the other week on 09:06 - Jul 17 by GlasgowBlue

I like that. Makes me think what a great band Radiohead could have been had they not given up making music after 1997 😉

You clearly haven't heard A Moon Shaped Pool. An amazing album.
p.s. Happy Birthday!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024