Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prem Loans 10:19 - Jul 18 with 1910 viewschrismakin

Brett has given another pod interview and part of it mentions prem clubs wanting to send loans to us..

Am I right in thinking we were linked with a liverpool CB or was that just a random twitter fan rumour...

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Prem Loans on 10:20 - Jul 18 with 1877 viewssaffers12

I think the lb and cb may come from loans, Cook has good record of bringing loans in and being trusted
Prem Loans on 10:23 - Jul 18 with 1844 viewsTractorCam

Rhys Williams was the link, not sure how genuine it was though.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Prem Loans on 10:32 - Jul 18 with 1780 viewsPhilTWTD

Prem Loans on 10:23 - Jul 18 by TractorCam

It was a Twitter joke by a Liverpool fan, I think. Along the lines that Williams and another player had been in the first team there but now Van Dijk and another player are back from injury they could go on loan to lower league clubs with us mentioned as one of them.
Prem Loans on 10:32 - Jul 18 with 1762 viewsElderGrizzly

Prem Loans on 10:23 - Jul 18 by TractorCam

L1 appears hell of a drop given his appearances last season.

I imagined he’d be at a promotion pushing Champ club?
Prem Loans on 10:48 - Jul 18 with 1625 viewsDevereuxxx

I'm hoping the approach is to try and sign as many permanent deals as possible, and then perhaps 'plug the gaps' with some PL loans.
Prem Loans on 11:06 - Jul 18 with 1535 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It wouldn't be the likes of Rhys Williams who has tasted first team action in the PL.

More likely to be the tier below that looking for their first taste of first team football. I guess like McGuinness last season.

To be fair, we did have THREE Premier League loans last season. And one from the Bundesliga.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 11:25]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Prem Loans on 11:07 - Jul 18 with 1514 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Prem Loans on 10:32 - Jul 18 by ElderGrizzly

L1 appears hell of a drop given his appearances last season.

I imagined he’d be at a promotion pushing Champ club?

I'd agree. Or even lower end Prem.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Prem Loans on 11:27 - Jul 18 with 1435 viewsParisBlue

I'd expect at least 2, maybe 3 loans. May have to wait a few weeks given the Euros meaning players still away so players needed for pre-season.

I wonder whether Cook's relationship with Anthony Barry will help here, Reece James to Wigan in 18/19 must be one of the best in the last few years.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Prem Loans on 11:29 - Jul 18 with 1399 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Prem Loans on 11:27 - Jul 18 by ParisBlue

I'd expect at least 2, maybe 3 loans. May have to wait a few weeks given the Euros meaning players still away so players needed for pre-season.

I wonder whether Cook's relationship with Anthony Barry will help here, Reece James to Wigan in 18/19 must be one of the best in the last few years.

With one on loan already, I wouldn't like to see many more.

If good quality, then a total of 2-3 max.

Prem Loans on 12:11 - Jul 18 with 1215 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Prem Loans on 10:20 - Jul 18 by saffers12

I think the lb and cb may come from loans, Cook has good record of bringing loans in and being trusted

I certainly think one CB will be a loan, the market for that position looks tough.

Maybe another GK to let Holy move on but id keep him as 2nd choice if he's happy to do that.

If we don't get Crooks maybe an AMF too.

Think he will see 5'/6 more yet so 2 or 3 loans total

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024