Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? 17:52 - Jul 24 with 3798 viewsParky

Enjoyable day, thought we held our own against a good side. I’ve taken a lot of positives from that and very optimistic for the season.

I know a few people on here were nervous/worried about the mask wearing and feeling safe at Portman Road - how did everyone else find it?

If I’m completely honest, I find the mask wearing almost pointless, as you have to walk past people not wearing a mask to get anywhere. (People in the concourse with food and drink don’t have to wear masks). Where I was sat, I didn’t see anyone wearing a mask and no abuse / drama on either side, everyone was out enjoying their day.

On the whole, a very enjoyable day - ventured to a few different pubs, saw people I haven’t seen for the best part of a year and I think a very a solid town performance. Fingers crossed no covid issues and everyone had a good day.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 17:54]
Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:31 - Jul 24 with 743 viewsSitfcB

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:27 - Jul 24 by StokieBlue

Yet plenty of this thread think you're an idiot.

It's not big and clever to continually downplay covid like you have for months. You should be long gone from this website. Perhaps you're just a bit thick.

The sooner you're gone and can take your place in the Twitterati the better as far as I'm concerned.

SB
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 22:27]

Thousands upon thousands of idiots (as you call them) at Newmarket last night, just people enjoying life again and getting out and about.

Really good to see.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:31 - Jul 24 with 737 viewsKieran_Knows

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:28 - Jul 24 by Vic

No you’re not missing something! All I’m saying is that when near other people it’s only fair to everyone else that we all mask up.

If no one is sitting near you then no need to mask up, but surely it’s better to if someone is near you (ie, within a couple of metres).

Okay, that’s good, ha!

I’m not really sure what else can be done? Only those who have tested negative (albeit that’s a crock of s**t because you can just scan the code) and double jabbed are allowed in. Again, I know that doesn’t stop COVID altogether, but as long as those are wearing masks in areas where they should, and no wearing masks where they don’t have too, I don’t see the issue? Especially as social distancing isn’t technically required now.

Obviously if people want to continue to wear masks in the stand, then that’s absolutely fine. But if it’s not technically required with the protocols (however lame they are) in place, then what can be done?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:32 - Jul 24 with 739 viewsStokieBlue

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:30 - Jul 24 by SitfcB

I think Stokie is jealous some of us are out trying to enjoy life again.

You mean by being proud of totally ignoring the rules?

You really are an unbelievable halfwit.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:32 - Jul 24 with 736 viewsSitfcB

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:30 - Jul 24 by StokieBlue

He literally said he didn't wear a mask in the concourse where it is a requirement.

Perhaps you should read the posts before jumping to the defence of an idiot.

He's spent the last year downplaying covid - I don't give a cr*p what he says - he's a disgrace.

SB

Didn’t realise they’d designed a mask that you can eat and drink through. Send details please.

COYB

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:33 - Jul 24 with 729 viewsKieran_Knows

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:30 - Jul 24 by StokieBlue

He literally said he didn't wear a mask in the concourse where it is a requirement.

Perhaps you should read the posts before jumping to the defence of an idiot.

He's spent the last year downplaying covid - I don't give a cr*p what he says - he's a disgrace.

SB

All I’ve seen him say is that he walked in with his mask on, then someone gave him a pint.

Then he went down at half time and had a pie and pint?

I know this is something you’re quite passionate on, and you’ve had several run ins with Sitters lately, but bloody hell.

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:33 - Jul 24 with 730 viewsitfcjoe

I went to Fanzone pre game, and put it on when in marquee but not outside - again on when went through turnstile and then again to walk up to seat but that was it until I left.

Guess a bit different in West Stand as no real concourses compared to North

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:34 - Jul 24 with 729 viewsStokieBlue

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:32 - Jul 24 by SitfcB

Didn’t realise they’d designed a mask that you can eat and drink through. Send details please.

Why would you need one? You don't care about anyone else so it's irrelevant.

You don't believe in masks or covid. You're an example of everything that is wrong with the world.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:34 - Jul 24 with 721 viewsVic

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:28 - Jul 24 by Kieran_Knows

Can I simply ask, what has Sitters said that is wrong? He wore a mask when required, and didn’t wear a mask when not required (in the stands).

So what’s the issue? Or am I going completely mad and missing something here?

“Put my mask on to go through the turnstile, then immediately took it off when I got through because a mate handed me a pint!

I’d say pretty much everyone in the concourse wasn’t wearing a mask as they were eating/drinking but obviously the numbers were very low and the Morecambe game will be a lot higher volume of people on the concourse.”

In other words, took it off as soon as he could! Ok, so he got given a pint, as if that holding a pint is an excuse to get rid of the mask.

With the rise in cases it’s just crazy to not wear masks around people. Personally I’d like the club to take the decision to close the bars and ask people to wear masks at all times. It won’t happen, but how else are we going t9 beat this thing?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:36 - Jul 24 with 709 viewsKieran_Knows

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:34 - Jul 24 by Vic

“Put my mask on to go through the turnstile, then immediately took it off when I got through because a mate handed me a pint!

I’d say pretty much everyone in the concourse wasn’t wearing a mask as they were eating/drinking but obviously the numbers were very low and the Morecambe game will be a lot higher volume of people on the concourse.”

In other words, took it off as soon as he could! Ok, so he got given a pint, as if that holding a pint is an excuse to get rid of the mask.

With the rise in cases it’s just crazy to not wear masks around people. Personally I’d like the club to take the decision to close the bars and ask people to wear masks at all times. It won’t happen, but how else are we going t9 beat this thing?

What’s the solution Vic? Honestly? Spending the next god knows how long in further lock downs/restrictions etc?

*please don’t think this is an attack on you, I’m genuinely quite interested in thoughts on how to go forward on this whole thing.

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:38 - Jul 24 with 699 viewsVic

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:31 - Jul 24 by SitfcB

Thousands upon thousands of idiots (as you call them) at Newmarket last night, just people enjoying life again and getting out and about.

Really good to see.

Oh dear Sitters. If they all jumped off the cliff would you do it too? Life isn’t all about having fun, something are just too important. All I can ask again, is please think of others.

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:42 - Jul 24 with 683 viewsSitfcB

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:38 - Jul 24 by Vic

Oh dear Sitters. If they all jumped off the cliff would you do it too? Life isn’t all about having fun, something are just too important. All I can ask again, is please think of others.

I took that picture by the way, didn’t quite want to get involved in the middle of that but don’t ever do anyway to be fair.

Did venture down eventually but still not in the middle of it all...

COYB

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:43 - Jul 24 with 676 viewsVic

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:36 - Jul 24 by Kieran_Knows

What’s the solution Vic? Honestly? Spending the next god knows how long in further lock downs/restrictions etc?

*please don’t think this is an attack on you, I’m genuinely quite interested in thoughts on how to go forward on this whole thing.

Part of the answer is at least wearing a mask! I really, really don’t get why anyone would not wear one whenever they can - it’s just being thoughtful of others!

Those who won’t or don’t wear one voluntarily have no right to criticize the government (IMO)

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 23:04 - Jul 24 with 625 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

well this thread seems to have gone crazy.

From what I saw, nobody was breaking rule. Everyone was sensible, no arguments or anything like that.

Whilst I personally wear a mask, even where I dont have to. I dont judge people for not wearing masks in places they dont have to. I dont know sitters personally nor do I agree with everything he says, but I dont think some of the comments he has received about what he has said/done are warranted.

It was an enjoyable day and everyone I saw was obeying the rules.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 23:09 - Jul 24 with 610 viewswitchdoctor

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:23 - Jul 24 by Vic

But, no it’s not OK Sitters! We all really need to mask up and do all we can do beat this thing.

Have a heart for other people who are around you - to old boy with a heart condition, the young person with asthma, the teacher or the nurse who if they get it affect loads more people. It really isn’t fair that by your action they are put at risk is it. It’s time for us all to do our bit.

…I was in what I reckon was the most populated area of the ground …upper west…and I only saw ONE person wearing a mask….
Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 23:31 - Jul 24 with 579 viewspositivity

Thoughts on the covid safety / mask wearing? on 22:31 - Jul 24 by Kieran_Knows

Okay, that’s good, ha!

I’m not really sure what else can be done? Only those who have tested negative (albeit that’s a crock of s**t because you can just scan the code) and double jabbed are allowed in. Again, I know that doesn’t stop COVID altogether, but as long as those are wearing masks in areas where they should, and no wearing masks where they don’t have too, I don’t see the issue? Especially as social distancing isn’t technically required now.

Obviously if people want to continue to wear masks in the stand, then that’s absolutely fine. But if it’s not technically required with the protocols (however lame they are) in place, then what can be done?

the first reply to the op was pointing out that people were flagrantly not obeying even the very weak rules.

masks are more to protect others; it's common courtesy to wear one when you don't know the vaccination state/the vulnerability of those near you.

it shows the madness of trusting people's common sense and community spirit, when it's abundantly clear that lots of people don't have an iota of either!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 23:32]

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024