Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Financial problems in the championship 17:15 - Jul 27 with 967 viewsnasblue

Can anyone explain to me why there are these much discussed financial problems in the championship and not so much in L1? If anything they would be less reliance on gate receipts so I don’t fully understand.

Cheers
Financial problems in the championship on 17:15 - Jul 27 with 944 viewsJ2BLUE

Wages and fees.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Financial problems in the championship on 17:21 - Jul 27 with 894 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Salary Cost Management Protocol.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Financial problems in the championship on 17:21 - Jul 27 with 893 viewschrismakin

Most league 1 clubs have 1-2 year player contracts and there is a bigger turnover of players at this level.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Financial problems in the championship on 17:24 - Jul 27 with 858 viewsSwansea_Blue

Financial problems in the championship on 17:21 - Jul 27 by chrismakin

Most league 1 clubs have 1-2 year player contracts and there is a bigger turnover of players at this level.

I was about to say that a lot of L1 clubs have probably learnt to cut their cloth earlier, as shown by the shorter contracts, higher turnover and much lower fees/wages. Parachute payments and chasing the PL dream probably distorts that league more too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Financial problems in the championship on 17:25 - Jul 27 with 852 viewsElderGrizzly

In the Championship you can still lose £39m across 3 seasons and be seen as ok under FFP.

Clubs chasing the Premier League simply gamble more and the league is woefully distorted by parachute payment clubs too.

The Championship rejected a salary limit like we have down in L1/2 this summer, which would have helped them be more sustainable
Financial problems in the championship on 17:27 - Jul 27 with 809 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Financial problems in the championship on 17:25 - Jul 27 by ElderGrizzly

In the Championship you can still lose £39m across 3 seasons and be seen as ok under FFP.

Clubs chasing the Premier League simply gamble more and the league is woefully distorted by parachute payment clubs too.

The Championship rejected a salary limit like we have down in L1/2 this summer, which would have helped them be more sustainable

The Championship scares the life out of me from a financial view point.

Hopefully we have a sustainable plan if we get to the 'promised land' of debt and administration!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Financial problems in the championship on 17:40 - Jul 27 with 737 viewsHighgateBlue

Financial problems in the championship on 17:21 - Jul 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Salary Cost Management Protocol.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

I'm not sure this is the whole answer. I've shared the website you posted quite a few times before and nobody has any information to contradict it, even though nobody (including me) has actually seen the Protocol itself to check what the rules are. So on the /assumption/ that it's right, it says that injections of cash by owners are included within the definition of turnover. That means that as long as an owner is happy to pump money in (rather than merely loan it), the owner can put in whatever it likes in order to get round the 60% limit. So SCMP doesn't actually stop a megabucks owner who wants to bet the house on success. Which may actually be good for us...
Financial problems in the championship on 18:11 - Jul 27 with 626 viewsGuthrum

Gambling with higher stakes for a bigger reward - the Prem.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024