Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? 20:39 - Aug 2 with 3620 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Why not?

Peace and love

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 13:20 - Aug 3 with 844 viewschicoazul

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 13:18 - Aug 3 by giant_stow

What should have it have been?! brutes!!!!!!!

TIE Fighter.
(I always thought it stood for “the imperial empire” so what do I know)

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 13:23 - Aug 3 with 838 viewsgiant_stow

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 13:20 - Aug 3 by chicoazul

TIE Fighter.
(I always thought it stood for “the imperial empire” so what do I know)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 13:31 - Aug 3 with 819 viewsNthsuffolkblue

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 13:14 - Aug 3 by chicoazul

Hang on. You can’t say in one breath trust the experts they know their stuff and in the next breath say the only way we haven’t had a spike is through luck not judgement.

Please explain why I can't?

EDIT: An expert will use the data to predict likely outcomes. If something unexpected occurs as a result of some outlier, it doesn't mean we should stop trusting experts.

I also believe the big fears they were expressing are the high likelihood of a worse variant developing and that a peak would come in the autumn. We are a long way from having "beaten" this.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 13:36]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 13:38 - Aug 3 with 806 viewschicoazul

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 13:31 - Aug 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

EDIT: An expert will use the data to predict likely outcomes. If something unexpected occurs as a result of some outlier, it doesn't mean we should stop trusting experts.

I also believe the big fears they were expressing are the high likelihood of a worse variant developing and that a peak would come in the autumn. We are a long way from having "beaten" this.

Because the experts have informed the Govt who made the decision.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

"cases appear to be going down"..... on 13:44 - Aug 3 with 797 viewsGlasgowBlue

"cases appear to be going down"..... on 13:19 - Aug 3 by chicoazul

Anything positive - appears, seems to be, probably, looks like it may be
Anything negative - is, are, definitely, will be

I genuinely believe that some on here are terrified of welcoming the slightest bit of good news as it may be seen as vindication of the government. Which of course it isn't.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 13:44]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 20:05 - Aug 3 with 714 viewsGlasgowBlue

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 09:21 - Aug 3 by WeWereZombies

Had a WhatApp from a friend in Hertfordshire this morning, latest graph shows cases rising faster than ever in her town - as you put in brackets, at the moment anyway,. But I can't help feeling that there is some concerted whistling in the dark going on.

That's odd because Eat Hertfordshire is showing a 27% decrease in cases from last week. As are all areas surrounding Hertfordshire.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 23:02 - Aug 3 with 657 viewsWeWereZombies

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 20:05 - Aug 3 by GlasgowBlue

That's odd because Eat Hertfordshire is showing a 27% decrease in cases from last week. As are all areas surrounding Hertfordshire.

Maybe I was messaged a graph that was three days out of date, I can't click through WhatsApp and get a link - but I have found this:

https://hcc-phei.shinyapps.io/covid19_public_dashboard/_w_38624911/

Fallen off since Saturday but a lot more cases now than three month ago.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 23:32 - Aug 3 with 642 viewsDinDjarin

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 13:31 - Aug 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Of course there will be a worse variant just in time for the booster jab roll-out.

3 jabs within 6 months of each other. Unprecedented.
Login to get fewer ads

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 19:18 - Aug 5 with 562 viewsITFC62

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 13:00 - Aug 3 by WeWereZombies

Although if you click on the 'Active cases' column to put it into ascending order you will see that the United KIngdom is second only to the United States in having the highest number of cases - well over a million. There are still some mighty sobering statistics going on.

This is not a competition.

I was trying to look forward. History cannot be changed.
Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 21:07 - Aug 5 with 539 viewsWeWereZombies

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 19:18 - Aug 5 by ITFC62

This is not a competition.

I was trying to look forward. History cannot be changed.

What has happened cannot be undone but the retelling of history is very open to interpretation. But you are right that the tabular format can be misinterpreted as a competition, a very grim one, although you should also bear in mind the value statistics brings to medicine (Florence Nightingale was a statistician.) My point about the active cases was to bring into the agenda the very real issue that we are not over Covid-19 yet. Why do we have so many active cases compared to, say, Vietnam?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 08:26 - Aug 6 with 463 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 20:05 - Aug 3 by GlasgowBlue

"Eat Hertfordshire" Now I appreciate Hertfordshire is one of the smaller counties and I'm always up for a bit of a challenge but eat it? What all of it?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 08:32 - Aug 6 with 459 viewsTractorCam

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 10:37 - Aug 3 by BlueBadger

September going into October, with Universities and schools going back, plus cooler, damper weather, plus the football season being in full swing and more people eating/drinking indoors will be where problems manifest.

Particularly if booster jabbing is slow.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 13:26]

Good thing they opened up when they did then, much to the disgust of many!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024