Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee 12:15 - Aug 3 with 1412 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/40712/efl-reaffirms-support-for-taking-k

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 12:18 - Aug 3 with 1400 viewsBluefish

Hopefully this will include lifetime banning orders for every single cockwomble that boos during this gesture

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 12:36 - Aug 3 with 1346 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I saw a Telegraph headline suggesting that footballers had rejected an alternative gesture.

As a matter of interest does anyone know what that gesture would have been and the reasoning behind it?

I don't have a Telegraph subscription or any interest in buying one.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 12:55 - Aug 3 with 1314 viewsMerseyBlue

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 12:36 - Aug 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

I saw a Telegraph headline suggesting that footballers had rejected an alternative gesture.

As a matter of interest does anyone know what that gesture would have been and the reasoning behind it?

Based on the path the Telegraph has decided to tread in the last few years, I suspect that even if either of us had a Telegraph subscription, we still wouldn't know what the alternative gesture was after reading the piece.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 12:57 - Aug 3 with 1307 viewsNthsuffolkblue

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 12:55 - Aug 3 by MerseyBlue

Based on the path the Telegraph has decided to tread in the last few years, I suspect that even if either of us had a Telegraph subscription, we still wouldn't know what the alternative gesture was after reading the piece.

Indeed. I wonder if it is something like wearing black bootlaces.

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 13:18 - Aug 3 with 1285 viewschicoazul

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 12:36 - Aug 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

I heard they suggested some sort of palm out-raised arm salute.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 13:21 - Aug 3 with 1277 viewsNthsuffolkblue

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 13:18 - Aug 3 by chicoazul

I heard they suggested some sort of palm out-raised arm salute.

You are kidding aren't you?

I could believe it possible that they would have proposed a Nazi salute as a black power arm would be as offensive to them as taking the knee.

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 13:30 - Aug 3 with 1265 viewsDubtractor

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 13:21 - Aug 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

You are kidding aren't you?

I could believe it possible that they would have proposed a Nazi salute as a black power arm would be as offensive to them as taking the knee.

Whoosh etc.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 13:39 - Aug 3 with 1248 viewsNthsuffolkblue

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 13:30 - Aug 3 by Dubtractor

Whoosh etc.

Not sure it can be a whoosh when I state that he is kidding but I wouldn't put it past them doing so!

Login to get fewer ads

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 13:40 - Aug 3 with 1247 viewsSeablu

This will go down well on the news comments.
Already drawn one oddball out saying he can’t support the gesture and it’s barely been up an hour.
EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 14:30 - Aug 3 with 1194 viewspositivity

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 13:40 - Aug 3 by Seablu

Already drawn one oddball out saying he can’t support the gesture and it’s barely been up an hour.

three now.

guess it has a use as a doofus detector as well...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 14:44 - Aug 3 with 1174 viewsSteve_M

Facebook will be the place for the 'best' comments here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 18:16 - Aug 3 with 1092 viewsKallyB

Some folks still need educating. It frustrating as we can't even get in with the action plan as we keep staying stuck at educating and highlighting it.

I was at the ColU game and a few idiots from our supporters started to boo but they were quickly drowned out by applause. If you can't see the justification in doing this then don't come to the games.
EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 23:00 - Aug 3 with 982 viewsSwansea_Blue

The usual right wing media fed nonsense on there. Enough that I felt compelled to make a rare news comments post. I feel dirty now though; might go and have a shower

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 23:20 - Aug 3 with 968 viewsVaughan8

If teams want to do it then that's fine. Booing it is just strange. I'm not entirely sure if the knee thing is working though, but I'm not sure what an alternative is.

A lot of the problems are online and until these social media companies sort it out, it's going to carry on.

Ok not racism but on the news today jack grealish's girlfriend got abused on social media throughout the euros......

It's sad that some people have the time to.do this and think it's an acceptable way to behave.
EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 09:28 - Aug 4 with 855 viewsSeablu

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 12:18 - Aug 3 by Bluefish

Hopefully this will include lifetime banning orders for every single cockwomble that boos during this gesture

You’ve flushed out x5 predictable cockwombles already.
Utterly depressing.
[Redacted] on 09:44 - Aug 4 with 814 viewsvictorywilhappen

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 09:28 - Aug 4 by Seablu

You’ve flushed out x5 predictable cockwombles already.
Utterly depressing.

[Redacted]
EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 09:53 - Aug 4 with 772 viewsSwansea_Blue

EFL Reaffirms Support For Taking Knee on 23:20 - Aug 3 by Vaughan8

If teams want to do it then that's fine. Booing it is just strange. I'm not entirely sure if the knee thing is working though, but I'm not sure what an alternative is.

A lot of the problems are online and until these social media companies sort it out, it's going to carry on.

Ok not racism but on the news today jack grealish's girlfriend got abused on social media throughout the euros......

It's sad that some people have the time to.do this and think it's an acceptable way to behave.

Given that the booers are now quickly drowned out by applause, it may well be that the message is working. Maybe, I dunno. Whether there should be an alternative, I'd say that's up to the players - it's also fine by me if they carry on taking the knee if that's how they want to continually remind us that there's still a racism problem.

I don't understand the tech enough to know what the social media companies can do. They say they can't capture all abuse, but after the Euros final a few independent technies managed to track down and identify many (hundreds?) of people who'd sent abuse. So it can't be that hard if the likes of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc., really wanted to tackle it. They certainly need to change how things are monitored.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024