Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many Tests will we lose by 10:41 - Aug 4 with 2621 viewschicoazul

To India?
I’m saying 1-3 to them, because we just can’t bat.

This post has been edited by an administrator

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How many Tests will we lose by on 10:48 - Aug 4 with 1747 viewschicoazul

No spinner again lol they never learn

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

How many Tests will we lose by on 10:50 - Aug 4 with 1745 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

I think it will be 2-2 overall, England to win in Nottingham and The Oval. India to win in Leeds and Manchester.

Hoping this will be a coming of age series for Crawley and Lawrence. Certainly have the talent to do it.

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

How many Tests will we lose by on 10:50 - Aug 4 with 1735 viewsgordon

How many Tests will we lose by on 10:48 - Aug 4 by chicoazul

No spinner again lol they never learn

Yes, will be great to watch Dan Lawrence and Joe Root bowling in tandem to Kohli on day 3 as he notches his double ton.
How many Tests will we lose by on 10:52 - Aug 4 with 1726 viewsgordon

How many Tests will we lose by on 10:50 - Aug 4 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

I think it will be 2-2 overall, England to win in Nottingham and The Oval. India to win in Leeds and Manchester.

Hoping this will be a coming of age series for Crawley and Lawrence. Certainly have the talent to do it.

Lawrence maybe, Crawley will be dropped for the third test.
How many Tests will we lose by on 10:57 - Aug 4 with 1710 viewschicoazul

How many Tests will we lose by on 10:50 - Aug 4 by gordon

Yes, will be great to watch Dan Lawrence and Joe Root bowling in tandem to Kohli on day 3 as he notches his double ton.

Hahaha exactly

How many Tests will we lose by on 10:58 - Aug 4 with 1706 viewschicoazul

Lawrence looks steady and decent. Crawley apart from one massive score looks pretty poor especially to pace bowled full. Hope you’re right though.

How many Tests will we lose by on 11:17 - Aug 4 with 1677 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

2-1 India

I know a draw isn’t common in home England tests of late but I can’t see one of the games not being ruined by the weather this month

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

How many Tests will we lose by on 12:04 - Aug 4 with 1639 viewsgordon

India manage 12 overs in the first hour, great stuff. Test cricket will never die.

Dom Sibley digging in for a stoic 13 off 67.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 12:06]
Login to get fewer ads

How many Tests will we lose by on 13:30 - Aug 4 with 1587 viewsChrisd

I've got my fingers crossed Crawley comes good in this series, he can't argue that he's not been given enough opportunities by the selectors. Think Lawrence has already proved he's got the game and temperament for test cricket.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

How many Tests will we lose by on 13:32 - Aug 4 with 1582 viewsBlueForYou

We must start getting selection right if we want to win big series. Bit of a joke this one!
How many Tests will we lose by on 13:38 - Aug 4 with 1569 viewsChrisd

How many Tests will we lose by on 13:32 - Aug 4 by BlueForYou

We must start getting selection right if we want to win big series. Bit of a joke this one!

If England end up winning it, then you can't really question the selection.

How many Tests will we lose by on 13:53 - Aug 4 with 1554 viewsReuser_is_God

Top 3 all out for sweet FA yet again.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

How many Tests will we lose by on 13:53 - Aug 4 with 1553 viewschicoazul

No more Sibley please.

How many Tests will we lose by on 14:00 - Aug 4 with 1547 viewsBlueForYou

How many Tests will we lose by on 13:38 - Aug 4 by Chrisd

If England end up winning it, then you can't really question the selection.

Is our selection the strongest & most balanced? For ten really important test matches, I don't think it is.
How many Tests will we lose by on 14:21 - Aug 4 with 1521 viewsgordon

How many Tests will we lose by on 12:04 - Aug 4 by gordon

India manage 12 overs in the first hour, great stuff. Test cricket will never die.

Dom Sibley digging in for a stoic 13 off 67.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 12:06]

18 off 70. Not too bad.
How many Tests will we lose by on 14:22 - Aug 4 with 1519 viewsChrisd

How many Tests will we lose by on 14:00 - Aug 4 by BlueForYou

Is our selection the strongest & most balanced? For ten really important test matches, I don't think it is.

At the end of the day, we simply need to win test matches. In your opinion, the England side isn't balanced or the strongest, but if they end up winning this test match and this series then that's all that matters. India, haven't selected Ashwin - the best spin bowler in world cricket - and the ball certainly looks like it is moving around corners. So you'd like to think our seam bowlers will have an advantage and will be able to exploit this the best. Regarding our strongest side, put forward some names. For all our white ball squad depth, I'm not too convinced it is the same for the longer version of the game.

How many Tests will we lose by on 15:50 - Aug 4 with 1450 viewsBlueForYou

For me. 2 big series, the second being the toughest of all. We have to be strong for the Ashes in Australia. I said last week elsewhere this would be my starting XI for today with Stokes & Archer both out......

Burns (marginally the better of the current openers)
Hameed (need to look at him, he's done well this year)
Root (our best player by a mile & should alway bat at 3)
Malan (Unfairly discarded & good solid Ashes away form)
Vince (Just class at 5, has never had the chance at 5 in Test cricket)
Buttler (Has proved he can step up & alternative captaincy option)
Curran (Deserves the all rounder spot, lethal left arm bowling option)
Robinson (Top Form aginst NZ)
Wood (Real Pace & Heart)
Broad (Enough said)
Anderson (No need to explain)

Backing up are, Crawley & Sibley when they have improved. Livingstone, Pope, Lawrence, Bairstow, cover middle order. Foakes back up keeper. Spinning option is Leach & one other (Parkinson?). Pace section has both Overtons, Mahmood, Stone (if fit), also Woakes.

Andersons age is an issue, but split him & Broad if a spinner is required. Add Stokes & Archer to that & it looks pretty strong to me. I think my team beats the current one every time.
How many Tests will we lose by on 16:47 - Aug 4 with 1421 viewsgordon

How many Tests will we lose by on 15:50 - Aug 4 by BlueForYou

For me. 2 big series, the second being the toughest of all. We have to be strong for the Ashes in Australia. I said last week elsewhere this would be my starting XI for today with Stokes & Archer both out......

Wood (Real Pace & Heart)
Broad (Enough said)

Backing up are, Crawley & Sibley when they have improved. Livingstone, Pope, Lawrence, Bairstow, cover middle order. Foakes back up keeper. Spinning option is Leach & one other (Parkinson?). Pace section has both Overtons, Mahmood, Stone (if fit), also Woakes.

Andersons age is an issue, but split him & Broad if a spinner is required. Add Stokes & Archer to that & it looks pretty strong to me. I think my team beats the current one every time.

Think Hameed and Joe Clarke are probably worth a go, also Matt Critchley might be the sort that the selectors would go for. I think if Bairstow plays, he has to go at number three, otherwise I don't see the point because he doesn't deliver big runs. I'd go with this, but at the end of the day they wouldn't do much better.

Hameed
Burns
Root
Clarke
Pope / Bairstow at 3 if Pope isn't fit
Buttler
Critchley / Moeen Ali
Sam Curran
Robinson
Broad
Anderson / Leach
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 16:48]
How many Tests will we lose by on 16:49 - Aug 4 with 1411 viewsSteve_M

Novel idea, but maybe we could try actually laying some red ball cricket in the Summer. It's reasonable to question several of these players but they do need to play some regular cricket to be in form.

Root very much the exception today it seems.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

How many Tests will we lose by on 16:51 - Aug 4 with 1401 viewsgordon

How many Tests will we lose by on 16:49 - Aug 4 by Steve_M

Novel idea, but maybe we could try actually laying some red ball cricket in the Summer. It's reasonable to question several of these players but they do need to play some regular cricket to be in form.

Not too much to ask that one round of the county championship is played a week before the start of the test series, is it?
How many Tests will we lose by on 16:57 - Aug 4 with 1392 viewsSteve_M

How many Tests will we lose by on 16:51 - Aug 4 by gordon

Not too much to ask that one round of the county championship is played a week before the start of the test series, is it?

At some point the ECB will find that people aren't willing to pay £100 plus to watch a format they don't give much of a fk about.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

How many Tests will we lose by on 16:57 - Aug 4 with 1388 viewsN2_Blue

4-0 India.

England top 6 is probably worst I have seen. It basically consists of Root and not a lot else

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

How many Tests will we lose by on 17:02 - Aug 4 with 1379 viewsChrisd

How many Tests will we lose by on 15:50 - Aug 4 by BlueForYou

Wood (Real Pace & Heart)
Broad (Enough said)

A good effort there Blue for you, I doff my cap to you.

How many Tests will we lose by on 17:08 - Aug 4 with 1375 viewsChrisd

How many Tests will we lose by on 16:49 - Aug 4 by Steve_M

Very true. I saw a tweet last night and it asked how many overs our batsmen have faced since the NZ series with the red ball? 4 or 5 of them had faced 0!! I love the longer format of the game, it still provides the sternest test for batsmen and bowlers IMO, but something needs to be done as white ball cricket is now beginning to take over and dictate player's availability.

How many Tests will we lose by on 17:32 - Aug 4 with 1357 viewsgordon

Looking forward to some regulation catches going down in the slips now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024