Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have a brilliant squad of individual playera 22:11 - Aug 17 with 984 viewsJ2BLUE

At the moment they're a pretty average team. Frustrating but I think it will click soon.

A few odd decisions from Cook though. Still back him 100% but taking Dobra off against Burton instead of Fraser was odd IMO. Putting Jackson on tonight was odd.

What now for RB on Saturday? KVY undisputedly our best RB but Donacien hasn't played badly.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:15 - Aug 17 with 937 viewshomer_123

Donacien, I think, was there as better in the air than KVY....but maybe I'm straw clutching.

I have to say...genuinely concerned that we may not click. Remarkably similar to when Cook joined. He wasn't able to get that group of players working as a unit and...whilst there are signs we can play...its still in short spells.

Not a huge amount to suggest a 'sudden' reversal and giving a team a spanking etc.

Though...that miss from Bonne might have done that tonight.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:18 - Aug 17 with 908 viewspointofblue

We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:15 - Aug 17 by homer_123

Donacien, I think, was there as better in the air than KVY....but maybe I'm straw clutching.

I have to say...genuinely concerned that we may not click. Remarkably similar to when Cook joined. He wasn't able to get that group of players working as a unit and...whilst there are signs we can play...its still in short spells.

Not a huge amount to suggest a 'sudden' reversal and giving a team a spanking etc.

Though...that miss from Bonne might have done that tonight.

That hardly worked as Donacien losing his his bearings and was too slow to get out, which resulted in the equaliser.

How can Cook go from someone who can get teams performing brilliantly to someone who struggles with not one but two squads with us?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:20 - Aug 17 with 885 viewsHighgateBlue

I've seen the league table (and our latest cup exit result), and for that reason I cannot conclude that we are a pretty average team.

We've drawn at home against Morecambe, and then lost three on the bounce.
We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:20 - Aug 17 with 880 viewshomer_123

We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:18 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

That hardly worked as Donacien losing his his bearings and was too slow to get out, which resulted in the equaliser.

How can Cook go from someone who can get teams performing brilliantly to someone who struggles with not one but two squads with us?

Ahem...I didn't say it was right to play Donacien.

We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:21 - Aug 17 with 864 viewspointofblue

We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:20 - Aug 17 by homer_123

Ahem...I didn't say it was right to play Donacien.

Ah no, sorry, didn't mean you were. Just if we picked him for his height... well that didn't work!

We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:22 - Aug 17 with 845 viewshomer_123

We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:21 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

Ah no, sorry, didn't mean you were. Just if we picked him for his height... well that didn't work!

I know...hence the wink.

We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:22 - Aug 17 with 828 viewsN2_Blue

I agree we have a good squad....but ive lost optimism about it clicking anytime soon.

You could say we clicked at times in first half.....then we went backwards. That worries me. Cook (and i was fully behind him) doesn't seem to be showing anything.

I gave him benefit of doubt last season, but he is doing nothing to make me wonder why i did give him that benefit of doubt.

We were poor last year....and we still are with better players. Are these players getting the right direction and coaching?

Something just doesn't feel right. I do question the team Cook has around him.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:32 - Aug 17 with 775 viewsbackwaywhen

We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:18 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

Cook needs his Wigan sidekick back alongside him otherwise it’s goodnight nurse !
Login to get fewer ads

We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:42 - Aug 17 with 735 viewslordsambuca

We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:22 - Aug 17 by N2_Blue

I agree we have a good squad....but ive lost optimism about it clicking anytime soon.

You could say we clicked at times in first half.....then we went backwards. That worries me. Cook (and i was fully behind him) doesn't seem to be showing anything.

I gave him benefit of doubt last season, but he is doing nothing to make me wonder why i did give him that benefit of doubt.

We were poor last year....and we still are with better players. Are these players getting the right direction and coaching?

I have had a nagging worry about the coaching team that Cook has appointed from the moment they were announced .

Not simply that Richardson is not there but a potential lack of experience and tactical nous amongst them That is not meant to be critical of any of those as individuals. If I am correct, we do not actually have anyone who played as a defender? Which may explain some of what has been happening. I am not suggesting Terry Butcher is or was the answer but could he or someone similar have added some balance from that perspective.
We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:44 - Aug 17 with 712 viewsBeckets

We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:22 - Aug 17 by N2_Blue

I think a good manager and a capable and balanced coaching team could get a lot out of this squad. I’m not entirely sure we have that at the moment.
We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:48 - Aug 17 with 688 viewsRyorry

We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:42 - Aug 17 by lordsambuca

I have had a nagging worry about the coaching team that Cook has appointed from the moment they were announced .

Not simply that Richardson is not there but a potential lack of experience and tactical nous amongst them That is not meant to be critical of any of those as individuals. If I am correct, we do not actually have anyone who played as a defender? Which may explain some of what has been happening. I am not suggesting Terry Butcher is or was the answer but could he or someone similar have added some balance from that perspective.

Is there anyone at the Club who Cook could (leaving aside for the mo whether he would) turn to for a more experienced voice - Klug?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:51 - Aug 17 with 649 viewspointofblue

We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:48 - Aug 17 by Ryorry

Is there anyone at the Club who Cook could (leaving aside for the mo whether he would) turn to for a more experienced voice - Klug?

Well we had Butcher with the Under 23s who actually had managerial experience but we decided to relieve him of his duties instead.

Cook needs someone with knowledge and experience to bounce ideas off. If/when he's struggling and turns to the bench, who does he see who can fulfil that brief?

We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:55 - Aug 17 with 614 viewsRyorry

We have a brilliant squad of individual playera on 22:51 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

Well we had Butcher with the Under 23s who actually had managerial experience but we decided to relieve him of his duties instead.

Cook needs someone with knowledge and experience to bounce ideas off. If/when he's struggling and turns to the bench, who does he see who can fulfil that brief?

You echo my thoughts. Can't remember anyone on here who thought Butcher should have gone (apols in advance if incorrect). Plenty, or even most thought a role could & should have been found for him somewhere with ourselves.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024