Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina? Really? 09:33 - Aug 30 with 2343 viewsVic

I was excited when this first rumored a few months ago, but I’m not so sure now. Looks a bit like a kid in a sweet shop signing - we’ll get h8m because we can, not because we need him. Not sure we really need him.

Personally I’d prefer to keep the present squad and discover the best ‘team’ with the view strengthening where we see we need to in January. Otherwise my fear is that this could be a very expensive squad that doesn’t work together.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Celina? Really? on 11:18 - Aug 30 with 276 viewschrismakin

Celina? Really? on 11:17 - Aug 30 by pointofblue

How is it desperation to sign a player who may not be able to play for a few months? I think you’ve answered your own question.

What's desperate about it then?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Celina? Really? on 11:20 - Aug 30 with 269 viewspointofblue

Celina? Really? on 11:18 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

What's desperate about it then?

That we’re spending money and time on a player who’s not going to be able to contribute anything until the next transfer window practically opens?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Celina? Really? on 11:21 - Aug 30 with 269 viewsElephantintheRoom

A proven underachiever with no goals and a startlingly inept relegation under his belt last season are clearly just what we want - trust in the Cookster and the smug bloke in the open neck shirt.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Celina? Really? on 11:22 - Aug 30 with 259 viewschrismakin

Celina? Really? on 11:20 - Aug 30 by pointofblue

That we’re spending money and time on a player who’s not going to be able to contribute anything until the next transfer window practically opens?

Ashtons a clever guy, he'd have something in the agreement in regards to the finances, we know that much

I see it as complete opposite to desperate tbh. Good thinking about the 2nd half the season, well ahead of time.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Celina? Really? on 11:25 - Aug 30 with 255 viewspointofblue

Celina? Really? on 11:22 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

Ashtons a clever guy, he'd have something in the agreement in regards to the finances, we know that much

I see it as complete opposite to desperate tbh. Good thinking about the 2nd half the season, well ahead of time.

Bonne, Burns, Chaplin and Norwood all injured - we could do with attacking support now if anything.

Yes, great, we have someone in January but he’ll be utterly pointless if we’re completely cut adrift from both ends in no man’s land.

Celina? Really? on 11:28 - Aug 30 with 247 viewschrismakin

Celina? Really? on 11:25 - Aug 30 by pointofblue

Bonne, Burns, Chaplin and Norwood all injured - we could do with attacking support now if anything.

Yes, great, we have someone in January but he’ll be utterly pointless if we’re completely cut adrift from both ends in no man’s land.

Bonne defo back, but Norwood also poss back for the next game, in training now
Chaplin on grass

Celina? Really? on 11:33 - Aug 30 with 241 viewspointofblue

Celina? Really? on 11:28 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

Chaplin on grass

That’s encouraging. Still don’t like the principle of it though; we have enough injury problems with fit players without bringing in someone who’s already out.

Celina? Really? on 11:34 - Aug 30 with 237 viewschrismakin

Celina? Really? on 11:33 - Aug 30 by pointofblue

That’s encouraging. Still don’t like the principle of it though; we have enough injury problems with fit players without bringing in someone who’s already out.

Yeah I get that. I think if we were short on numbers overall i'd agree, but it's actually a luxry for once that we can be so forward thinking compared to previous years.

Login to get fewer ads

Celina? Really? on 11:51 - Aug 30 with 226 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Celina? Really? on 11:28 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

Chaplin on grass

So Chaplin is permanently stoned then.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024