Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) 17:56 - Aug 30 with 3937 viewsPaddy39

Poll: Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP?

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 20:50 - Aug 30 with 672 viewstimothyeo

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 20:34 - Aug 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

'Still, Cook took a team just outside the playoffs last season, completely messed up that chance, blamed it on the players'

Yeah those ones didn't want to work with Hurst, Lambert and Cook. Three managers but the players were fine, eh?

Although Lambert got more out of them than Cook did. And the whole new team we've got in have so far delivered less, too.
THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 20:54 - Aug 30 with 662 viewsMach_foreignBlue

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 20:50 - Aug 30 by timothyeo

Although Lambert got more out of them than Cook did. And the whole new team we've got in have so far delivered less, too.

So the players were fine then. Crikey ! Lets blame managers for everything then.
THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 20:57 - Aug 30 with 650 viewstimothyeo

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 20:54 - Aug 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

So the players were fine then. Crikey ! Lets blame managers for everything then.

Some of the players were fine, yes. Some needed to move on. However if Cook and Co want to rip up the entire squad and start from scratch, they are entitled to do so. Just make sure they deliver more.
THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 21:06 - Aug 30 with 631 viewsMach_foreignBlue

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 20:57 - Aug 30 by timothyeo

Some of the players were fine, yes. Some needed to move on. However if Cook and Co want to rip up the entire squad and start from scratch, they are entitled to do so. Just make sure they deliver more.

No, almost every player that moved on was a disgrace for this club. Spineless relegation followed by two bleak seasons in League One.

So you do expect instant results then don't you?
THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 21:08 - Aug 30 with 629 viewsLeoMuff

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 20:30 - Aug 30 by BlueBadger

It's a tricky call, because his record here in twenty-off games is pretty terrible.

Albeit with the massive caveat of 'he's completely rebuilt the team and most of that utter rubbish happened last season'.

That said, the longer this winless run continues, the more it starts to look like it wasn't the players last season who were solely to blame for his terrible results, thus far.

At this point in the the season it's a little daft to be calling for his head, but entirely reasonable to be unhappy and concerned about some pretty poor results against some teams not expected to be troubling the upper echelons of the division come spring time.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 23:58]

All the evidence points to last season being a dead rubber, the players stopped playing for him, once he asked them to up there games, hence the complete clear out, I can’t imagine anyone wanted 18 odd new faces as the time, effort and money is huge, and can take months to bed in, leading to the pressures we see now.

For me last season doesn’t count, and we are 5 games in to the Cook era, there has been bright spots, and you can see what they are try to do, once we get some wins and the pressure to perform is less I think we will have a decent side here.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 21:37 - Aug 30 with 595 viewsOsborneOneNil

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 21:08 - Aug 30 by LeoMuff

All the evidence points to last season being a dead rubber, the players stopped playing for him, once he asked them to up there games, hence the complete clear out, I can’t imagine anyone wanted 18 odd new faces as the time, effort and money is huge, and can take months to bed in, leading to the pressures we see now.

For me last season doesn’t count, and we are 5 games in to the Cook era, there has been bright spots, and you can see what they are try to do, once we get some wins and the pressure to perform is less I think we will have a decent side here.

Totally agree. Cut out the errors and we’d top 4, even during this bedding in period.

I’m excited for the future.
THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 21:44 - Aug 30 with 591 viewstimothyeo

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 21:06 - Aug 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

No, almost every player that moved on was a disgrace for this club. Spineless relegation followed by two bleak seasons in League One.

So you do expect instant results then don't you?

If almost every player was a disgrace and spineless i would instantly expect results from new players to be better than that, yeah.
THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 22:17 - Aug 30 with 551 viewsMach_foreignBlue

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 21:44 - Aug 30 by timothyeo

If almost every player was a disgrace and spineless i would instantly expect results from new players to be better than that, yeah.

Had you been in coma from 2018 until last April?
Login to get fewer ads

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 08:11 - Aug 31 with 471 viewsquad

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:58 - Aug 30 by timothyeo

I dont even need to look at the past. I can look at Appleton right now this season with a much worse team, still managing to outperform Cook.

Then again 20 managers in this league are managing that right now.

Yawn
THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 09:09 - Aug 31 with 443 viewsDeano69

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:16 - Aug 30 by CokeIsKey

Frighteningly low in the table.

Yeah, that Celina has been shocking, and Walton hasn’t played any better than what we have.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 11:53 - Aug 31 with 412 viewsStewart27

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:26 - Aug 30 by Garv

Yeah, I can't believe we've lost every game and scored no goals.

It’s too early to judge cook properly THIS season. However, the time is ticking.

Please don’t try and dress up the abysmal return this season so far though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024