Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal 22:05 - Sep 1 with 3016 viewsdominiciawful

The all-time men's international goals record and only 15 away from equally the men's caps record.

Bit of a freak, really.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 12:29 - Sep 2 with 269 viewsMattinLondon

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 12:20 - Sep 2 by itfcjoe

An interesting phenomenon now, where the super players earn so much money, that they leave the overall squad hamstrung as can't afford to put enough around him.

Can see the same happening with Haaland next summer

Off topic, I read that Barcelona offered 50 million for a young French international (can’t remember his name). Found this odd as I thought they are hundreds and hundreds of millions in debt.

Some clubs are obviously too big for banks to call in their loans but if one did I do wonder how many other big clubs will struggle to payback.
Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 12:40 - Sep 2 with 253 viewsitfcjoe

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 12:29 - Sep 2 by MattinLondon

Off topic, I read that Barcelona offered 50 million for a young French international (can’t remember his name). Found this odd as I thought they are hundreds and hundreds of millions in debt.

Some clubs are obviously too big for banks to call in their loans but if one did I do wonder how many other big clubs will struggle to payback.

Barcelona have effectively given Griezmann away as they can't name their new signings, like Wijnauldum, in their eligible squad because fail to hit wage targets. The level of mismanagement there is mental

But now a vicous circle -as despite agreeing a 50% paycut with Messi, he couldn't stay - so the icon they need to keep the money coming in, isn't allowed to stay because they can't afford him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 12:47 - Sep 2 with 234 viewsOldboy

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 00:17 - Sep 2 by OsborneOneNil

Fair one.

Messi is better though. And Maradona is better than Messi.

Platini was better than Maradona.
Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 12:52 - Sep 2 with 229 viewsHerbivore

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 12:09 - Sep 2 by MattinLondon

It all depends on what you mean by a complete player - if you include defensive abilities then Ronaldo, for his aerial ability is better than Messi. But, you can easily make a case for both.

Hmmm. Think that's a stretch.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 12:52 - Sep 2 with 228 viewsHerbivore

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 12:10 - Sep 2 by MattinLondon

And Messi left Barcelona because?

Because they weren't allowed to re-sign him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 12:56 - Sep 2 with 223 viewshype313

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 11:05 - Sep 2 by JDB23

I always think of Messi v Ronaldo a bit like Federer v Nadal. Silky skills with unreal natural technical ability v someone with a high technical ability but incredible strength, power and determination to win.

I’ve always preferred Nadal to Federer. I also think Ronaldo’s achievements outweigh Messi’s but I think it’s fair to say Messi is the most naturally gifted footballer of all time.

For me Ronaldo is a beast, a goal machine a supreme athlete, but for a football purist Messi is just a mesmeric player to watch, they way he can glide past people like he's a ghost is incredible.

As to who's best, that all depends on how you view it, but for me, if I was to watch either in their pomp and pay good money, it would be Messi.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024