Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we need to have a 'home-grown' player in the 18? 14:16 - Sep 11 with 585 viewsFixed_It

I thought we did, or had to limit our number of subs? With Woolfie not there - who is it? Or have I got this wrong?
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 14:17]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Do we need to have a 'home-grown' player in the 18? on 14:20 - Sep 11 with 540 viewschrismakin

You only need to name 1 in your 22 man squad they dont need to be in the matchday squad just overall one.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Do we need to have a 'home-grown' player in the 18? on 14:26 - Sep 11 with 495 viewsFixed_It

Do we need to have a 'home-grown' player in the 18? on 14:20 - Sep 11 by chrismakin

You only need to name 1 in your 22 man squad they dont need to be in the matchday squad just overall one.

Well that appears to be the case - but not how I originally interpretted it.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Do we need to have a 'home-grown' player in the 18? on 14:28 - Sep 11 with 489 viewschrismakin

Do we need to have a 'home-grown' player in the 18? on 14:26 - Sep 11 by Fixed_It

Yep same here. Quite bizarre rule really. Well how pointless it actually is.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Do we need to have a 'home-grown' player in the 18? on 14:29 - Sep 11 with 483 viewsGuthrum

Do we need to have a 'home-grown' player in the 18? on 14:26 - Sep 11 by Fixed_It

Presumably if you haven't got a senior home-grown player in the 22, you'd need to put an equivalent U21 at least on the bench to compensate, or lose a spot.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Do we need to have a 'home-grown' player in the 18? on 14:42 - Sep 11 with 421 viewsPinewoodblue

Do we need to have a 'home-grown' player in the 18? on 14:29 - Sep 11 by Guthrum

Presumably if you haven't got a senior home-grown player in the 22, you'd need to put an equivalent U21 at least on the bench to compensate, or lose a spot.

Bit confused about the meaning of home grown player thought it just meant players who went through an academy at any EFL side in England or Wales.

I’m sure when this was discussed on here Phil said you had to have one player who had come through your Academy in the matchday squad. Meaning if Woolfie was not in the 18 one of the subs would have to be someone aged U21 who had gone through our academy if one wasn’t selected you started the match one short on the subs bench.

If Cook has got it wrong what is the punishment?

Edit Phil wrote Centre-half Luke Woolfenden counts as a club-developed player, the only one amongst the seniors, with the EFL dictating that either the 22-man squad or the matchday 18 must include at least one or face having to name only six subs.

I thought you had to have a home developed player in both the squad and matchday 18 so guess I misread Phil.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 14:52]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Do we need to have a 'home-grown' player in the 18? on 14:44 - Sep 11 with 409 viewsKeno

Do we need to have a 'home-grown' player in the 18? on 14:20 - Sep 11 by chrismakin

so we could name Sheeran in the 22 then?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Do we need to have a 'home-grown' player in the 18? on 14:49 - Sep 11 with 387 viewsFixed_It

Do we need to have a 'home-grown' player in the 18? on 14:42 - Sep 11 by Pinewoodblue

Bit confused about the meaning of home grown player thought it just meant players who went through an academy at any EFL side in England or Wales.

I’m sure when this was discussed on here Phil said you had to have one player who had come through your Academy in the matchday squad. Meaning if Woolfie was not in the 18 one of the subs would have to be someone aged U21 who had gone through our academy if one wasn’t selected you started the match one short on the subs bench.

If Cook has got it wrong what is the punishment?

Edit Phil wrote Centre-half Luke Woolfenden counts as a club-developed player, the only one amongst the seniors, with the EFL dictating that either the 22-man squad or the matchday 18 must include at least one or face having to name only six subs.

I thought you had to have a home developed player in both the squad and matchday 18 so guess I misread Phil.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 14:52]

That is what I thought too.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Do we need to have a 'home-grown' player in the 18? on 15:41 - Sep 11 with 287 viewsBluedicea

Pretty much the whole squad counts as 'home grown players' as nearly all of them came through the English youth system at various clubs.
The rule is to have 1 club developed player named in the squad list or be limited to naming 6 subs for every game. Bonne doesn't make it as he wasn't here for that long, but Woolfie does and without try to be disrespectful to him, I'm sure it was one of the reasons he was kept at the club.

What is the use of knowing about everything else, when you do not yet know who you are.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024