Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe biggest error was replacing Holy 21:25 - Sep 11 with 1330 viewsCaptMickMills

Holy was on the whole reliable last season with many clean sheets. Very few calamitous errors though sometimes seemed to be flat footed and not to dive.

As I've said before I reckon 2 or 3 wins this season if Holy had been playing. Basically a solid League 1 keeper.

Walton should have done better with a couple of the goals today.
Maybe biggest error was replacing Holy on 21:27 - Sep 11 with 1323 viewspointofblue

Walton certainly didn't look like an upgrade on Holy or even Hladky on today's performance. I'm not sure when he last played a first team competitive game, though.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Maybe biggest error was replacing Holy on 21:29 - Sep 11 with 1300 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Last season we had a solid defence but it was based on a system that was unadventurous.

This season we seem to have given up on defending.

There is a better balance that can be struck as many teams do.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Maybe biggest error was replacing Holy on 23:15 - Sep 11 with 1095 viewsGarv

I don't think Walton was all that bad, although did have a poor mix up in the build up to the 4th goal.

Holy was never bad enough to be 3rd choice though, which you assume he is despite being on the bench today.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Maybe biggest error was replacing Holy on 23:19 - Sep 11 with 1069 viewsJDB23

Maybe biggest error was replacing Holy on 21:27 - Sep 11 by pointofblue

Walton certainly didn't look like an upgrade on Holy or even Hladky on today's performance. I'm not sure when he last played a first team competitive game, though.

I did say when we signed him that there were a lot of fan comments describing him in exactly the same way we’ve seen Hladky play this season. Obviously he has achieved promotion from this league before so let’s hope there is something positive to come from him.
Maybe biggest error was replacing Holy on 23:40 - Sep 11 with 1005 viewsazuremerlangus

Maybe biggest error was replacing Holy on 21:29 - Sep 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

Last season we had a solid defence but it was based on a system that was unadventurous.

This season we seem to have given up on defending.

There is a better balance that can be struck as many teams do.

We have turned into an early 80s Spurs.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Maybe biggest error was replacing Holy on 23:43 - Sep 11 with 984 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Maybe biggest error was replacing Holy on 23:15 - Sep 11 by Garv

I don't think Walton was all that bad, although did have a poor mix up in the build up to the 4th goal.

Holy was never bad enough to be 3rd choice though, which you assume he is despite being on the bench today.

Today's selection did make me wonder. Was Hladky simply being taken out of the firing line or was it a case of Holy would have been selected in his place but now Walton is here, he has gone from number 1 to 3rd choice? Certainly doesn't seem a lot between Hladky and Holy.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Maybe biggest error was replacing Holy on 23:46 - Sep 11 with 967 viewsGarv

Maybe biggest error was replacing Holy on 23:43 - Sep 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

Today's selection did make me wonder. Was Hladky simply being taken out of the firing line or was it a case of Holy would have been selected in his place but now Walton is here, he has gone from number 1 to 3rd choice? Certainly doesn't seem a lot between Hladky and Holy.

I guess there's an argument that if you're dropping a keeper then drop him from the squad completely and give him a breather, but who knows.

I wouldn't be too upset if Holy played most weeks to be honest, but I assume Walton will come good.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Maybe biggest error was replacing Holy on 23:59 - Sep 11 with 920 viewsBonchosBicycle

We were very solid at the back last year but the we spent the large part of most games holding the ball and passing it across the back four a few times, then back to Holy for a hoof. Bread and butter for any defender that's made it this far, and great for a keeper who's being pretty well protected. Any of our current keepers could have handled that.

Now we're telling the full backs to bomb down the pitch and take people on: great until we lose the ball and are now struggling to cover the inevitable long ball over the top.
This has reaped great benefits in terms of scoring: unlike the last couple of years we're actually getting shots on target, and scoring goals. We have as many as Sunderland so far, who top the table, and only three teams outstrip us (Bolton wouldn't apart from the five they put past us today.) But that is coming at the expense leaving the backs and keeper vulnerable. That's the balance we need to find.
Login to get fewer ads

Maybe biggest error was replacing Holy on 07:48 - Sep 12 with 685 viewsHighgateBlue

Holy was part of a solid defence last season. Cook totally ripped up that defence. Including our player of the year. I can't see how binning Holy is worse than binning Wilson.

Everyone needs to know their limits, and for Cook to come along and say that he could rip apart the defence (which was one of the tightest in the league) and fashion a much better one from scratch was pure pure hubris. It seems that in this area of the pitch he hasn't got the slightest clue what he is doing.

Let's give Walton more than one game before criticising him too much. Cook has had half a season and has been a disaster. Many on here are finally waking up to the fact that it's easy to create a bit of pretty football when you play a 2-7-1 formation because hardly anyone is focussed on defending. But then, many on here never cared about results, only this pretty football, hence forcing Mick out...
Maybe biggest error was replacing Holy on 08:17 - Sep 12 with 614 viewsChrisd

I’d say give Walton a proper assessment after he’s played a few games for us. The fact is he’s not played a lot recently and there’s no substitute for playing, but when you look at his pedigree he should prove the best out of all our current keepers. Holy is in a situation where he looks a better option because he’s not in the team, but in reality he wouldn’t be in any of the top sides starting XI. Think we have short memories too, I can certainly remember reading plenty of comments that Holy wasn’t good enough over the last 18 months on here.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 8:23]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

[Redacted] on 08:43 - Sep 12 with 552 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024