Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good BM Pod guys 11:18 - Sep 13 with 2691 viewshype313

It's quite clear that Cook is hanging is hat on a last minute deadline day signing like Joe mentioned.

Here's hoping if that is the case, that he does exactly the job we all hope and he doesn't get injured or booked...

[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 11:53]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Good Bm Pod guys on 13:35 - Sep 13 with 519 viewsIpsRich

Good Bm Pod guys on 13:26 - Sep 13 by SWGF

Yet he's the only player in the first team squad who can perform that role while we have three first team goalkeepers.

Seems a little strange that, even if Morsy *was* first choice, we wouldn't ensure we had two players for that position/role, like we have for everywhere else, especially when Cook has commented on how important he thinks Morsy will be to everything.

Yep, exactly this (not that I don't have time for the excellent folks at KoA if something was being implied...!).

Blog: [Blog] My ITFC Season 2012/13 Rules of Engagement

Good Bm Pod guys on 13:38 - Sep 13 with 511 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Good Bm Pod guys on 11:25 - Sep 13 by IpsRich

Thanks for the feedback!

As we discussed, its strange that we didn't attempt to sign any other Morsy-like CM earlier in the window. The three prior signings are much of a muchness. SM appears to be the only one in that mould post-Downes, and arrived late in the day on the deadline too.

It's crazy isn't it? Morsy feels less like the final piece of the puzzle, and more like the last roll of the dice in this crazy gamble Cook has taken.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Good Bm Pod guys on 13:43 - Sep 13 with 492 viewsIpsRich

Good Bm Pod guys on 13:38 - Sep 13 by OriginalMarkyP

It's crazy isn't it? Morsy feels less like the final piece of the puzzle, and more like the last roll of the dice in this crazy gamble Cook has taken.

I think he was always a target tbf - the gamble though is surely letting the window tick down to 2hrs before it closed before signing him or another CM like him.

Whether his addition to the lineup is the panacea that Cook is hoping for - only time will tell. I guess we all have to hope so.

Blog: [Blog] My ITFC Season 2012/13 Rules of Engagement

Good Bm Pod guys on 13:52 - Sep 13 with 459 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good Bm Pod guys on 13:43 - Sep 13 by IpsRich

I think he was always a target tbf - the gamble though is surely letting the window tick down to 2hrs before it closed before signing him or another CM like him.

Whether his addition to the lineup is the panacea that Cook is hoping for - only time will tell. I guess we all have to hope so.

On paper he's an unbelievable signing for this league given that he was seen as an important starter for a decent Championship team at the start of the window. Definitely worth the wait imo (unless one of our other CMs was intended to be a replacement for him and then we just jumped when Morsy became unexpectedly available).

I'm crossing things that I didn't think could be crossed, hoping we settle down and he's the missing piece!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Good Bm Pod guys on 14:06 - Sep 13 with 430 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good Bm Pod guys on 13:33 - Sep 13 by Swansea_Blue

Harper and Carroll could fit in a treat into 5231. Carroll sits, Harper both sits off the ball and has licence to get forward. Almost a classic DCM pairing imo.

And playing with 12 players on the pitch could be what is needed!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Good Bm Pod guys on 18:10 - Sep 13 with 327 viewsRomeo4

Good Bm Pod guys on 13:52 - Sep 13 by Swansea_Blue

On paper he's an unbelievable signing for this league given that he was seen as an important starter for a decent Championship team at the start of the window. Definitely worth the wait imo (unless one of our other CMs was intended to be a replacement for him and then we just jumped when Morsy became unexpectedly available).

I'm crossing things that I didn't think could be crossed, hoping we settle down and he's the missing piece!

I think we’re all desperately hoping Morsy is the man who will make the big difference. Problem is we have 2 more games without him and, if they’re as bad as Saturday, the managers position may be under severe pressure before he’s even had a chance to play him.

I echo the sentiments of previous posters..the BM podcast is excellent. Keep up the good work lads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024