Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy the answer? 15:06 - Sep 13 with 2659 viewsbluelady

Was anyone else just a little concerned that Cook said after the game Saturday the Morsy would help with the current issues we are having. Now i don't disagree I think he is exactly what we need BUT...

1. We came very close to not signing him - what would Cook have been saying was the answer then?

2. Is he going to stay fit/not get red carded for the rest of the season and if not what happens then? We don't have another player to replace him.

thoughts?
Morsy the answer? on 16:20 - Sep 13 with 471 viewsChurchman

Morsy the answer? on 15:22 - Sep 13 by itfcjoe

If that is the case, then after 18 previous signings, including 3 central midfielders, it does make you worry.

Why haven't we got a similar type of player to Morsy as an option in there - as it is we now have 1 ball winner and 3 ball players to cover 2 positions.......

This is my concern. If we need a particular player to make all the difference it tells me a lot of what’s been signed isn’t up to much.

Two new goalkeepers who are no better than the ones binned out. Defenders whose job it is to defend can’t, leaving us with a defence worse than last year’s. Serious coaching might help, but decent players know what to do and should sort a some of it out between themselves.

The disappointment for me is that the promise was we’d sign a squad materially better in quality than the one it replaced. In some instances that appears to the case but overall 5-2 at home and no wins this season tells me it hasn’t happened. They are not even close and I fear for them when they come up against the better teams.
Morsy the answer? on 16:22 - Sep 13 with 464 viewsSwansea_Blue

Morsy the answer? on 16:13 - Sep 13 by jayessess

Ironically, now that we can put out a front 3/4 who are actually really good, we could probably live with being defensively rigid, keeping our shape, avoiding risk and just trusting that at some point one of our attackers will win the game for us.

Absolutely. Throw the likes of Burns, Edwards, Bonne into last season's team and we could have been turning cagey 0-0s into 1-0s.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Morsy the answer? on 16:55 - Sep 13 with 425 viewsFixed_It

Morsy the answer? on 15:14 - Sep 13 by BlueBadger

He's probably about 2 weeks away from buying some beer and 3 from blaming all the players.

Assuming he gets that long.

Tell us the one about big forearms and good press conferences. We like that one.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Morsy the answer? on 18:22 - Sep 13 with 372 viewsBlueBadger

Morsy the answer? on 16:55 - Sep 13 by Fixed_It

Tell us the one about big forearms and good press conferences. We like that one.

F**k's sake. People complain when I go back to the classics and they complain when you innovate on a theme.

JUST RESPECT ME AS AN ARTIST.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Morsy the answer? on 18:35 - Sep 13 with 358 viewsRomeo4

Morsy the answer? on 16:08 - Sep 13 by 44_not_out

I think it should be noted that Walton was one of five senior keepers at Brighton and thus why Potter was happy to let him go out on loan. Being 5th choice at Brighton doesn’t necessarily suggest he was as good as people where making out??
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 16:40]

He played a lot of games for Blackburn in the championship which suggests he must be half-decent. Given how shocking our defensive game was on Saturday I’ll reserve judgement on him for now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024