Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very dissappointing 17:19 - Sep 25 with 3138 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Wednesday we're poor. We we're dire.

We could have lost that 3-1 with the two terrible mistakes Burgess made (at least he got back at them) but a better team would have hammered us.

Just looked like we had no shape, no idea, no tactics, just hoping if we hit our skill players they'd pull a rabbit out of a hat while everyone else sat back and watched.

Down there with the Bolton performance for me.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Very dissappointing on 22:16 - Sep 25 with 558 viewschrismakin

Very dissappointing on 22:07 - Sep 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

You mean the older generation want to see winning football and success while the last 2 decades have taught the youngsters just to be thankful for a half-decent performance?

The older generation imo look at games with 1980 glasses on rather than 2021 glasses yes. And the older generation have to much expectation as we are 'ipswich'. Not helped by PC saying the same bullsht tbh. Yes we are ipswich, but we are league 1, it's league 1 and at the moment we're a struggling side in league 1 looking to improve and are slowly showing signs of improving which we hope continues.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Very dissappointing on 22:23 - Sep 25 with 541 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Very dissappointing on 22:16 - Sep 25 by chrismakin

The older generation imo look at games with 1980 glasses on rather than 2021 glasses yes. And the older generation have to much expectation as we are 'ipswich'. Not helped by PC saying the same bullsht tbh. Yes we are ipswich, but we are league 1, it's league 1 and at the moment we're a struggling side in league 1 looking to improve and are slowly showing signs of improving which we hope continues.

That's a very long-winded yes.

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect Ipswich to be able to compete in League 1. I suppose that makes me older generation in your book even though I can't quite go back to the early 80s.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Very dissappointing on 22:26 - Sep 25 with 535 viewschrismakin

Very dissappointing on 22:23 - Sep 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

That's a very long-winded yes.

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect Ipswich to be able to compete in League 1. I suppose that makes me older generation in your book even though I can't quite go back to the early 80s.

The expectation to compete is based on the past though. The hope to compete is in every town fan however

My hope had gone after bolton as we'd had 2 weeks of training and our defensive issue didnt appear to have been sorted, however and although it's brief, 2 games since as we've condeded just 1, barely given opponents a sniff at goal and today stopped their best player from playing which is a vast improvement of which I hope continues. I can now look forward to tuesday, however there's still a large number who can't do as such and rather than look at the positives that are clearly there, they go full on with full season stats. Nothing can change the start we had, all that can happen now is what happens now and if tues brings a win, that's 7 points out of 9 and reason to look ahead rather than back. Todays a good point. but we need to do our best to get 3 points on tuesday
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 22:31]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Very dissappointing on 22:31 - Sep 25 with 523 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Very dissappointing on 22:26 - Sep 25 by chrismakin

The expectation to compete is based on the past though. The hope to compete is in every town fan however

My hope had gone after bolton as we'd had 2 weeks of training and our defensive issue didnt appear to have been sorted, however and although it's brief, 2 games since as we've condeded just 1, barely given opponents a sniff at goal and today stopped their best player from playing which is a vast improvement of which I hope continues. I can now look forward to tuesday, however there's still a large number who can't do as such and rather than look at the positives that are clearly there, they go full on with full season stats. Nothing can change the start we had, all that can happen now is what happens now and if tues brings a win, that's 7 points out of 9 and reason to look ahead rather than back. Todays a good point. but we need to do our best to get 3 points on tuesday
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 22:31]

Nope. The expectation to compete is based very much on revenue, squad, wages and general backing.

I cannot get my head around the fact you think we should be on a par with Doncaster, Shrewsbury, Gillingham, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Burton, Cheltenham and co. It does explain a lot about your satisfaction with Cook, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Very dissappointing on 22:46 - Sep 25 with 513 viewschrismakin

Very dissappointing on 22:31 - Sep 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Nope. The expectation to compete is based very much on revenue, squad, wages and general backing.

I cannot get my head around the fact you think we should be on a par with Doncaster, Shrewsbury, Gillingham, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Burton, Cheltenham and co. It does explain a lot about your satisfaction with Cook, though.

Who has said there is satisfaction being on par with those clubs? I hope town succeed, just like any other season, but im also well aware every other fan of every other club and every manager and every player of every other club hope they will too, so you end up with competive fixtures.

At the moment, we've absolutely no idea how good the players we've brought in will be, on paper it looks quality, but would I prefer Max power over Evans, yes. Do i feel we're a bit unbalanced, yes. Which is why I don't feel any expectation to do well, I will hope of course that we do. But I just want to see some direction to begin with.

People try their best to say gelling isn't an issue, but it's no suprise that the top two clubs are those that 1 - barely changed their squad ( Sunderland ) and Wigan, who brought in a host of players who had played under Leam before and with team mates already there.

Most of the other clubs with high turnover of players have struggled. And I say most, there's 1 or 2 that have done ok.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 23:06]

Very dissappointing on 23:19 - Sep 25 with 487 viewsChiefXL

Very dissappointing on 20:48 - Sep 25 by OriginalMarkyP

No, but it might mean I've seen enough football to have an idea what I'm talking about.

And yet here you are, proving otherwise
Very dissappointing on 00:22 - Sep 26 with 474 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Very dissappointing on 23:19 - Sep 25 by ChiefXL

And yet here you are, proving otherwise

we will see

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Very dissappointing on 07:46 - Sep 26 with 412 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Very dissappointing on 20:48 - Sep 25 by OriginalMarkyP

No, but it might mean I've seen enough football to have an idea what I'm talking about.

You clearly don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

Very dissappointing on 07:50 - Sep 26 with 410 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Your assessment is very disappointing. How can you mention the Burgess errors (saying they could have led to goals) and then not mention ANY of our very presentable chances (which could have led to goals)?

Glass half empty-tastic.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024