Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any news on Nydam? 13:17 - Oct 6 with 1164 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Doesnt seem to have found a club.

Has injury forced him out of the game?

Such a shame if so.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Any news on Nydam? on 13:22 - Oct 6 with 1136 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Believe he is training at the club, I think he has a contract til January so I heard. But doubt he'll play for us again, just to get his fitness etc up
Any news on Nydam? on 17:02 - Oct 6 with 858 viewsHerbivore

It's really tough. He's had essentially 2 years with no football so he won't be on the radar of many clubs. I imagine he's having to see if he can get trials and then hoping to impress. He didn't look out of place in the Championship at 18 years old, he's got ability and by all accounts a good attitude as well. If the injury hasn't taken too much away from him I'd love to see him go on and have a good career. The sentimental part of me would like to have seen him get another year here and go out on loan somewhere to get games so that he could either kick on and earn a longer deal here or put himself in the shop window for potential suitors, but football has no room for sentiment these days.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Any news on Nydam? on 17:03 - Oct 6 with 851 viewstractorboy1978

I believe he's taken or considering taking an insurance pay out which would see him unable to play professional league football again.
Any news on Nydam? on 17:04 - Oct 6 with 845 viewschrismakin

Any news on Nydam? on 17:02 - Oct 6 by Herbivore

It's really tough. He's had essentially 2 years with no football so he won't be on the radar of many clubs. I imagine he's having to see if he can get trials and then hoping to impress. He didn't look out of place in the Championship at 18 years old, he's got ability and by all accounts a good attitude as well. If the injury hasn't taken too much away from him I'd love to see him go on and have a good career. The sentimental part of me would like to have seen him get another year here and go out on loan somewhere to get games so that he could either kick on and earn a longer deal here or put himself in the shop window for potential suitors, but football has no room for sentiment these days.

"But football has no room for sentiment these days"

tell that to people who felt sentiment was the reason to use kenlock last night
[Post edited 6 Oct 2021 17:07]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Any news on Nydam? on 17:23 - Oct 6 with 785 viewsjayessess

Any news on Nydam? on 17:04 - Oct 6 by chrismakin

"But football has no room for sentiment these days"

tell that to people who felt sentiment was the reason to use kenlock last night
[Post edited 6 Oct 2021 17:07]

sentiment aside (and I do think the club has some duty of care for the players it employs), Kenlock playing helps us move him on in January, which will save us wages.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Any news on Nydam? on 17:26 - Oct 6 with 769 viewschrismakin

Any news on Nydam? on 17:23 - Oct 6 by jayessess

sentiment aside (and I do think the club has some duty of care for the players it employs), Kenlock playing helps us move him on in January, which will save us wages.

I get where you're coming from, but if we failed to sell him off the back of and in and out league 1 campaign, I can't playing 1 or 2 Trophy games is gonna suddenly open up the offer gates.

With respect to Kenlock, if he wasn't wanted and couldn't be sold... rip the contract up. it wasn't fair on him.
Even now.. rip it up and let him play at least for a non league side, which is still better football than u23 games.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Any news on Nydam? on 17:27 - Oct 6 with 759 viewstractorboy1978

Any news on Nydam? on 17:26 - Oct 6 by chrismakin

I get where you're coming from, but if we failed to sell him off the back of and in and out league 1 campaign, I can't playing 1 or 2 Trophy games is gonna suddenly open up the offer gates.

With respect to Kenlock, if he wasn't wanted and couldn't be sold... rip the contract up. it wasn't fair on him.
Even now.. rip it up and let him play at least for a non league side, which is still better football than u23 games.

It isn't if it's on less money (probably far less) than he's on here.
Any news on Nydam? on 17:28 - Oct 6 with 753 viewsjayessess

Any news on Nydam? on 17:26 - Oct 6 by chrismakin

Maybe in January someone somewhere needs a steady L1 left back?
It may well be that we couldn't reach an agreement to settle his contract that suited everyone, hard to know from outside.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Any news on Nydam? on 17:33 - Oct 6 with 724 viewschrismakin

Any news on Nydam? on 17:27 - Oct 6 by tractorboy1978

It isn't if it's on less money (probably far less) than he's on here.

Would we not pay it off, so he wouldn't have to worry about that side of things?

I'd understand if he was a squad player, but not being able to be selected it just seems bizarre to have him on the books.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024