Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Evans.... 22:21 - Oct 9 with 1648 viewsstrikalite

We can see he's a tidy player on the ball, but he's one of our biggest problems, shows for the ball to feet but has absolutely no awareness at all, countless times again today he had 15 yards of space behind him to turn and run into....to break opposition lines this is a must but worryingly it isn't in his game at all...
Lee Evans.... on 22:37 - Oct 9 with 1544 viewsIllinoisblue

He and Fraser are both frustrating players.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lee Evans.... on 22:59 - Oct 9 with 1461 viewsPlums

Lee Evans.... on 22:37 - Oct 9 by Illinoisblue

I’m guessing that’s why they’re playing in the third division.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Lee Evans.... on 23:06 - Oct 9 with 1425 viewsAlanG296

Evans can only play the way he faces.
Lee Evans.... on 04:05 - Oct 10 with 1146 viewsIllinoisblue

Lee Evans.... on 22:59 - Oct 9 by Plums

I’m guessing that’s why they’re playing in the third division.

They’ve both been very good players in the third division. We seem to have sucked the life out of them.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lee Evans.... on 10:15 - Oct 10 with 874 viewsDubtractor

Lee Evans.... on 22:37 - Oct 9 by Illinoisblue

Yep, Evans, Fraser, and to a lesser extent Morsy were all a bit of a problem for us yesterday.

Far too often Evans and Morsy play the simple ball back into the centre backs, to the extent that it just dulls any momentum we have. I get that a lot of this is about moving the opposition press around, to create space, but it also allows the opposition to get reset, and when the opposition is as defensively minded as yesterday that's a problem.

Fraser is clearly a great passer of the ball, but he has no pace at all, not much strength, and isn't really loaded with tricks, so playing him on the wing means that things often stall. I'd really like to see him have a run in the centre, but to be fair I thought Chaplin was decent there yesterday - really busy and saw a lot of the ball, plus was an effective support striker when we were on the front foot.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lee Evans.... on 10:25 - Oct 10 with 847 viewsIpswichKnight

Lee Evans.... on 10:15 - Oct 10 by Dubtractor

Yep, Evans, Fraser, and to a lesser extent Morsy were all a bit of a problem for us yesterday.

Far too often Evans and Morsy play the simple ball back into the centre backs, to the extent that it just dulls any momentum we have. I get that a lot of this is about moving the opposition press around, to create space, but it also allows the opposition to get reset, and when the opposition is as defensively minded as yesterday that's a problem.

Fraser is clearly a great passer of the ball, but he has no pace at all, not much strength, and isn't really loaded with tricks, so playing him on the wing means that things often stall. I'd really like to see him have a run in the centre, but to be fair I thought Chaplin was decent there yesterday - really busy and saw a lot of the ball, plus was an effective support striker when we were on the front foot.

I thought in 2nd half Morsy was better and started driving at Shrewsbury. Our problems lay in that without Celina we really struggle to take sides on in the middle this then allows them to double team our wide players and strange the life out of our game. We weren’t ruthless enough when we did win quick turnover ball. You can see what we can do when we do go for it with the disallowed offside goal.
Lee Evans.... on 10:28 - Oct 10 with 826 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

His pass for the disallowed goal was pretty good mind you.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Lee Evans.... on 10:29 - Oct 10 with 823 viewsZXBlue

Lee Evans.... on 10:25 - Oct 10 by IpswichKnight

I thought in 2nd half Morsy was better and started driving at Shrewsbury. Our problems lay in that without Celina we really struggle to take sides on in the middle this then allows them to double team our wide players and strange the life out of our game. We weren’t ruthless enough when we did win quick turnover ball. You can see what we can do when we do go for it with the disallowed offside goal.

Whilst the problem identified is certainly there, I have not seen Celinua address it so far. He doesnt drive or beat a player to open up opportunities either.
Login to get fewer ads

Lee Evans.... on 10:30 - Oct 10 with 820 viewsfranz_tyson

Lee Evans.... on 10:15 - Oct 10 by Dubtractor

Not so sure that Morsy is guilty of slowing the ball down that often. Sometimes he has to play the sideways/backwards ball, but he did make a few breaks forward to get some momentum going. Evans needs to do more, though. I think he has the passing ability, but maybe lacking confidence atm to get things moving quicker. I do wonder if El Mizouni is getting closer to replacing him and El Mizouni has shown more energy and some bite in the tackle this season.
Fraser is a strange one. There have been some times when he’s been involved with some great interchanges up the left. But goes missing too often and does get out-muscled. I think he’s a neat footballer, though, and can spot a good pass.
Lee Evans.... on 13:54 - Oct 10 with 666 viewsstrikalite

Lee Evans.... on 10:30 - Oct 10 by franz_tyson

Not so sure that Morsy is guilty of slowing the ball down that often. Sometimes he has to play the sideways/backwards ball, but he did make a few breaks forward to get some momentum going. Evans needs to do more, though. I think he has the passing ability, but maybe lacking confidence atm to get things moving quicker. I do wonder if El Mizouni is getting closer to replacing him and El Mizouni has shown more energy and some bite in the tackle this season.
Fraser is a strange one. There have been some times when he’s been involved with some great interchanges up the left. But goes missing too often and does get out-muscled. I think he’s a neat footballer, though, and can spot a good pass.

Yep agree, Morsy second half was trying to make things happen for sure, I'm not convinced that he and Evans works though, ultimately we need to be better and this holding midfield area when we have the ball under no pressure like yesterday need to do more, I'm not talking about him running past players, but to turn into that space can quickly get us on the front foot..

Agree again with bringing in El Miz for LE....or at the very least make that change with 20 minutes to go, I just can't get my head around that nobody is signalling to Evans to turn, he's not even trying to receive the ball on the half turn....yet he's a damn good player, we can see that..
Lee Evans.... on 14:01 - Oct 10 with 651 viewsDarth_Koont

Lee Evans.... on 10:30 - Oct 10 by franz_tyson

Think you might be right about El Mizouni in Cook’s thoughts. Certainly for away games we could do with more of his energy on and off the ball.

Lots of moving parts in the front 4 that we haven’t really got to grips with yet. But pretty sure that with Fraser’s passing game and link up play he’ll be part of the eventual solution.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024