Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? 13:22 - Oct 13 with 5358 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Random question, I know, and it’s not really a big deal.

But we seem to play the song a lot, before kick off and after the game if we win. When did this start? I definitely don’t remember us doing it a few years ago?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 12:46 - Oct 14 with 643 viewsabracaDOBRA_

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 12:44 - Oct 14 by Blue_Order

Put it this way - if we asked them to stop playing it, they’d probably turn it up instead.

I thought you guys had a good relationship with the club?
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 13:11 - Oct 14 with 616 viewsistanblue

It started during the Mick era before kick-off. Now due to England and the Euros it's being played over and over at any available opportunity (pre-game, kick-off, post-game etc.). It was alright at first but now it's just incredibly repetitive and a bit cringe. Music guys need to pull their fu*king finger out and play some original stuff.
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 13:31 - Oct 14 with 609 viewsStu_Magoo

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 18:37 - Oct 13 by dominiciawful

Don't do drugs kids.
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 14:23 - Oct 14 with 576 viewsTractorWood

Edward Ebenezer for me. Being original is far more important.

Blurting out the banal Sweet Caroline should be criminalised.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 14:25 - Oct 14 with 576 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 13:11 - Oct 14 by istanblue

It started during the Mick era before kick-off. Now due to England and the Euros it's being played over and over at any available opportunity (pre-game, kick-off, post-game etc.). It was alright at first but now it's just incredibly repetitive and a bit cringe. Music guys need to pull their fu*king finger out and play some original stuff.

It's very cringe seeing grown men waving their arms in the air and turning round grinning like it's the best song ever.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 14:27 - Oct 14 with 576 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 09:58 - Oct 14 by SamWhiteUK

On the topic of music, I think All of the Lights should be adopted for Tuesday night games. Imagine PR under the lights, music starts playing, all the fans can get their torches out on their phones while the teams walk out. Would be epic.

Even more cringe than Sweet Caroline is that stupid phone torch nonsense. Yes we can see you, modern football fan. Everyone doing that should be shot, no offence.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 16:01 - Oct 14 with 550 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Twas my uni karaoke song for the footy lot every fortnight on the bus back from away matches when everyone is paralytic. True story.

Piece of piss really cos everyone joins in and my horrific singing gets overlooked.

One lad did weekly do an absolute belter of a Lewis Capaldi song though. Had us in stitches. Then covid came along and ended the season and thus my football career. TWTD.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 16:07 - Oct 14 with 540 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 12:21 - Oct 14 by Vaughan8

Absolutely terrible. No reason to have it. Its got nothing to do with Ipswich.

Its actually a bit embarrassing and as people have said its just "caught on" from the England stuff.

How do we get this changed? haha

‘Embarrassing’

Give over

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 17:04 - Oct 14 with 519 viewsstrikalite

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 20:49 - Oct 13 by SitfcB

It’s always been when others lose hasn’t it? The fans just changed it?

You're probably right...
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 06:45 - Oct 15 with 448 viewsBlue_Order

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 12:46 - Oct 14 by abracaDOBRA_

I thought you guys had a good relationship with the club?

Yeah, not quite.

The whole ‘calling the the daily mail to tell them we set fire to the training ground when they knew full well that we didn’t’ thing should tell you exactly how the group is viewed by the club.
What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 09:01 - Oct 15 with 415 viewsabracaDOBRA_

What is ITFCs obsession with ‘Sweet Caroline’ ? on 06:45 - Oct 15 by Blue_Order

Yeah, not quite.

The whole ‘calling the the daily mail to tell them we set fire to the training ground when they knew full well that we didn’t’ thing should tell you exactly how the group is viewed by the club.

Shame. Id hope they'd appreciate your efforts in improving the atmosphere, its definitely improved since you guys formed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024