Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? 10:11 - Oct 22 with 1565 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58993851

Sorry to be dum, but does this mean you could buy a newly new car, drive it for a year and then sell it for profit?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 10:31 - Oct 22 with 1499 viewsTractorBrew

This is seemingly true, when taking my golf in for a service, they pretty offered me what i paid for it 2 years earlier due to the demand they had
so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 10:36 - Oct 22 with 1478 viewsbluefunk

Our car went up in value by a third between January and September
so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 10:37 - Oct 22 with 1479 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Chap in the office bought a 2yr old BMW and was contacted a full 12 months after the purchase and offered £2k over what he had paid for it by the same dealer.
so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 10:44 - Oct 22 with 1449 viewsSwansea_Blue

I see Audi's at the top of that list. Let's hope Phil's sitting on a few still, as we could have one hell of a forum upgrade on the way if he cashes is.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 10:46 - Oct 22 with 1438 viewsgiant_stow

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 10:37 - Oct 22 by BlueBlueBluex2

Chap in the office bought a 2yr old BMW and was contacted a full 12 months after the purchase and offered £2k over what he had paid for it by the same dealer.

all very odd

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 10:47 - Oct 22 with 1430 viewsleitrimblue

Anyone interested in 2005 Toyota Corolla?
so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 10:48 - Oct 22 with 1428 viewsgiant_stow

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 10:44 - Oct 22 by Swansea_Blue

I see Audi's at the top of that list. Let's hope Phil's sitting on a few still, as we could have one hell of a forum upgrade on the way if he cashes is.

i've got a feeling this bonanza may not apply to 14 year old civics, which is a shame. yours for 10 grand - deal?

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 10:51 - Oct 22 with 1420 viewsgiant_stow

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 10:47 - Oct 22 by leitrimblue

Anyone interested in 2005 Toyota Corolla?

Oi, I'm trying to sell my Civic (for a very cheap price), so back off!

Login to get fewer ads

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 10:51 - Oct 22 with 1418 viewsWeWereZombies

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 10:48 - Oct 22 by giant_stow

i've got a feeling this bonanza may not apply to 14 year old civics, which is a shame. yours for 10 grand - deal?

I think you will find that if you take that yellow and green sticker off the back window you will then be able to get fifteen grand for it...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 10:53 - Oct 22 with 1407 viewsgiant_stow

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 10:51 - Oct 22 by WeWereZombies

I think you will find that if you take that yellow and green sticker off the back window you will then be able to get fifteen grand for it...

Brute.

It truly is a bargain just waiting for the right person to come along. I'll even clear out the collection of old macdonalds wrappings and leftovers.

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 11:18 - Oct 22 with 1348 viewsleitrimblue

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 10:51 - Oct 22 by giant_stow

Oi, I'm trying to sell my Civic (for a very cheap price), so back off!

Bought it for 400 odd quid for work a couple of months ago but will take€1250 for it. Is completely free of Norwich stickers but does have a couple leitrim GAA stickers on back window
so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 11:46 - Oct 22 with 1283 viewslinhdi

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 10:31 - Oct 22 by TractorBrew

This is seemingly true, when taking my golf in for a service, they pretty offered me what i paid for it 2 years earlier due to the demand they had

Too right. But you do need to find a car to buy... earlier this week, I traded my less-than-3-year-old routine estate for a new coupe, which was in the showroom just begging to be bought (in ITFC blue, obvs). Trade-in was far better than I expected, and new price reflected that I had no chance to personalise ("sold as seen".....!!!). I expect new car prices to rise soon, simply due to supply / demand - the other model I was interested in was quoted at 6-8 months delivery...
so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 11:55 - Oct 22 with 1264 viewssuffolkpoker

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 10:46 - Oct 22 by giant_stow

all very odd

there is apparantly a shortage of resistors, a car has 8 and a van has 18 off them. some mine burnt down in China asfter one of our lockdowns and new vehicle supply became much slower.
Ive also been told the resistors share the same precius metal as PS5's and gaming consoles resistors but the suppliers make more on them than the cars.

My suppliers tell me this could go on for a couple of years.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 11:59 - Oct 22 with 1255 viewsSwansea_Blue

pah, I wouldn't even swap it for our 'nearly new' 9 year old Fiat Panda!

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 16:46 - Oct 22 with 1128 viewsfactual_blue

I've sold all my Bugatti Veyrons at a profit.

And of course no CGT.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 17:08 - Oct 22 with 1100 viewsbluelagos

If you'd bought one a year ago, quite possibly.

Going forward, fiik.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 18:17 - Oct 22 with 1050 viewssolomon

Chopped mine in a few weeks ago, it was 3 years old and when I bought it it was predicted retained value of 57% @ 3 years actually returned 88%! Crazy.
so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 23:20 - Oct 22 with 916 viewsstrikalite

My Civic is 13 years old....not lost much on it at all since i bought it seven years ago..

Though model and mileage is everything..
so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 23:24 - Oct 22 with 912 viewsSwansea_Blue

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 23:20 - Oct 22 by strikalite

My Civic is 13 years old....not lost much on it at all since i bought it seven years ago..

Though model and mileage is everything..

I keep telling my Mrs that her model and low mileage is everything to me. Doesn’t go down too well for some reason

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 23:46 - Oct 22 with 894 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The price of second cars going up only has one flaw in your thinking. The car gets older.

Unfortunately, the 2 year old car that you bought cheaper, will be a 4-year-old car 2 years later when you want to sell. The value of the 4-year-old car may well be higher than 4-year-old cars was 2 years ago but it won't be more than you paid for said car 2 years ago.

The biggest loss you take on any car is if you buy it new. Once it is second-hand its value is far lower. That depreciation may be fractionally less now but it is still far more than other depreciation it will incur in its later life (aside from wrapping it around a lamppost etc).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 07:55 - Oct 23 with 806 viewssolomon

so is everyone making a fortune on their cars? on 23:46 - Oct 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

The price of second cars going up only has one flaw in your thinking. The car gets older.

Unfortunately, the 2 year old car that you bought cheaper, will be a 4-year-old car 2 years later when you want to sell. The value of the 4-year-old car may well be higher than 4-year-old cars was 2 years ago but it won't be more than you paid for said car 2 years ago.

The biggest loss you take on any car is if you buy it new. Once it is second-hand its value is far lower. That depreciation may be fractionally less now but it is still far more than other depreciation it will incur in its later life (aside from wrapping it around a lamppost etc).

Yes but you must also factor in extended warranty costs for 3 year old and above cars, the costs on these can be pretty big, the more complex the car (or performance) the wear and tear / replacement costs can be eye watering. I’ve only been buying new over the last 6 years and of course you take depreciation on a new car but the peace of mind is for me far better.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024