Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Halloween PCR family outing this evening... 19:56 - Oct 31 with 643 viewsdickie

After a delicious family veggie roast cooked by yours truly this afternoon, my mother in law (sat next to me) had her phone ping with a positive PCR test result - she has to have regular tests in her job as a carer. Thus ensued our guests hastily exiting with the rest of us all getting PCR tests this evening.

I find it absolutely astonishing that it is still being advised that I continue working until the result comes in (I'll have no choice but to work as I won't be eligible for sick pay without a positive test result). I may have worked in 6 different schools by the time I get the test result 🤦🏻
Halloween PCR family outing this evening... on 20:23 - Oct 31 with 555 viewsMullet

I hope you're ok. I'm back to wearing a mask at school now, for that sort of reason.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Halloween PCR family outing this evening... on 20:26 - Oct 31 with 550 viewsdickie

Halloween PCR family outing this evening... on 20:23 - Oct 31 by Mullet

I hope you're ok. I'm back to wearing a mask at school now, for that sort of reason.

Yeah I'll be wearing a mask for the rest of term - some schools are insisting anyway but it's just the moral and sensible thing to do. All ok, mother in law has no symptoms whatsoever (she's had 3 covid jabs too so she'll be mega protected henceforth!)
Halloween PCR family outing this evening... on 20:29 - Oct 31 with 528 viewsIllinoisblue

Halloween PCR family outing this evening... on 20:26 - Oct 31 by dickie

Yeah I'll be wearing a mask for the rest of term - some schools are insisting anyway but it's just the moral and sensible thing to do. All ok, mother in law has no symptoms whatsoever (she's had 3 covid jabs too so she'll be mega protected henceforth!)

Schools here in Wisconsin, all kids and teachers have been wearing masks since term started in August. Few isolated cases but mostly seems to be working.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Halloween PCR family outing this evening... on 20:30 - Oct 31 with 522 viewsitfcjoe

I obviously had the issue with school a couple of weeks back - but we were in the situation where having to send our eldest in for literally the last day before half term when his Mum had tested positive - just unnecessarily putting people at risk for no good reason

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Halloween PCR family outing this evening... on 21:01 - Oct 31 with 462 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Halloween PCR family outing this evening... on 20:29 - Oct 31 by Illinoisblue

Schools here in Wisconsin, all kids and teachers have been wearing masks since term started in August. Few isolated cases but mostly seems to be working.

bUt MaSkS dO nOt WoRk. Sum study said sooo.

To the OP hope all stay well. I tested positive and passed it on to my wife but the children didn't catch it. Then my son caught it a couple of weeks later and my daughter has still tested negative. Exposure (even close and prolonged) is no certainty you will catch it. Similarly the 3 of them passed a sickness bug between them a couple of weeks ago and I never caught it! Well done for being sensible and hope you stay well.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Halloween PCR family outing this evening... on 11:44 - Nov 1 with 291 viewsdickie

Halloween PCR family outing this evening... on 21:01 - Oct 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

bUt MaSkS dO nOt WoRk. Sum study said sooo.

To the OP hope all stay well. I tested positive and passed it on to my wife but the children didn't catch it. Then my son caught it a couple of weeks later and my daughter has still tested negative. Exposure (even close and prolonged) is no certainty you will catch it. Similarly the 3 of them passed a sickness bug between them a couple of weeks ago and I never caught it! Well done for being sensible and hope you stay well.

Four negative results came in this morning thankfully but we're going to get another test done on Wednesday just to be sure - my wife is a nurse and I'm working in a bunch of primary and high schools on Thursday and Friday (plenty of opportunities to spread the lurgy!)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024