Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, Yorkshire Cricket Club 16:21 - Oct 28 with 1030 viewshomer_123

taking no action - despite a report stating that Azeem Rafiq suffered racial harassment and bullying....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59080881

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 18:50 - Oct 28 with 941 viewsRadlett_blue

Not good, is it? Yorkshire CCC investigated themselves and found that no-one had done anything wrong, although they agreed that Azeem Rafiq had been racially harassed.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 18:55 - Oct 28 with 936 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 18:50 - Oct 28 by Radlett_blue

Not good, is it? Yorkshire CCC investigated themselves and found that no-one had done anything wrong, although they agreed that Azeem Rafiq had been racially harassed.

Rafiq's response is (rightly) strongly worded.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 19:08 - Oct 28 with 916 viewsRadlett_blue

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 18:55 - Oct 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

Rafiq's response is (rightly) strongly worded.

And this whole episode is a good answer to the often asked question as to why there aren't more England cricketers from Asian backgrounds.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 19:28 - Oct 28 with 890 viewsRyorry

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 18:50 - Oct 28 by Radlett_blue

Absolutely disgraceful, and something I'll bring up (pun intended) next time YCCC email me with an invite to buy tickets or merchandise.

Hope at least the ECB take some kind of action - not holding my breath tho.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 19:44 - Oct 28 with 870 viewsSteve_M

An absolute joke of a response, albeit one that demonstrates exactly why the abuse happened and nothing was done about it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 08:35 - Nov 1 with 707 viewsSteve_M

Dobell has got some more detail here, Yorkshire seem to have majored on the 'bantz' defence:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/yorkshire-racism-report-ruled-azeem-rafiq-bei

Not a good look.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 08:59 - Nov 1 with 668 viewspointofblue

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 08:35 - Nov 1 by Steve_M

Dobell has got some more detail here, Yorkshire seem to have majored on the 'bantz' defence:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/yorkshire-racism-report-ruled-azeem-rafiq-bei

Not a good look.

So now they’re saying they would discipline Rafiq if he was still a player but everything else is just banter?

It gets worse.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 09:08 - Nov 1 with 654 viewsXYZ

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 08:35 - Nov 1 by Steve_M

Not a good look.

I suspect Yorkshire will shortly lose a major chunk of their central funding and Headingley could lose its test matches.

The game can't be seen to be funding these people.
Login to get fewer ads

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 09:34 - Nov 1 with 634 viewsRyorry

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 09:08 - Nov 1 by XYZ

I suspect Yorkshire will shortly lose a major chunk of their central funding and Headingley could lose its test matches.

The game can't be seen to be funding these people.

I thought actually they might be choosing to not out or "upset" one or more guilty parties with power, influence and an ongoing very large and open wallet.

Pretty stupid of them as well as obviously completely immoral if that's the case, as it simply encourages the kind of speculation that I've just written.

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 09:38 - Nov 1 with 617 viewsXYZ

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 09:34 - Nov 1 by Ryorry

I thought actually they might be choosing to not out or "upset" one or more guilty parties with power, influence and an ongoing very large and open wallet.

Pretty stupid of them as well as obviously completely immoral if that's the case, as it simply encourages the kind of speculation that I've just written.

It does appear that way - Dobell references a senior player still at the club. It appears to go right to the top.

England may need to clarify their test captain's position here.
So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 09:41 - Nov 1 with 608 viewsRyorry

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 09:38 - Nov 1 by XYZ

It does appear that way - Dobell references a senior player still at the club. It appears to go right to the top.

Call me blinkered, but I simply cannot believe that Root had anything to do with it.

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 09:50 - Nov 1 with 585 viewsXYZ

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 09:41 - Nov 1 by Ryorry

Call me blinkered, but I simply cannot believe that Root had anything to do with it.

There were rumours about what led to Warner tickling his chin; whatever the truth of that, he was in and around this going on.

Dobell's comment surely only leaves a few individuals it could be. I'm not a YCCC close follower - how many players can be described as "senior pros"?

As you say, it will (and has here) lead to speculation that will need to be addressed. It looks like Dobell's trying to force their hand to do what they should have done long ago. The counties don't exist without central funding. The ECB can't stand back and say that it's the county's call.

The current approach just encourages guilt by association. Those racist comments go far beyond what I had imagined. It looks "institutional" which taints everyone.
So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 09:53 - Nov 1 with 580 viewsWD19

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 09:38 - Nov 1 by XYZ

Based on what is in the article, why is this not a police matter!? That would see the individual named, whether Yorkshire like it or not.

Doesn't say much for the moral fibre of the dressing room that a team mate didn't step in to tell the person responsible to stop being a bellend.
So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 10:14 - Nov 1 with 542 viewsJakeITFC

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 09:50 - Nov 1 by XYZ

There were rumours about what led to Warner tickling his chin; whatever the truth of that, he was in and around this going on.

Dobell's comment surely only leaves a few individuals it could be. I'm not a YCCC close follower - how many players can be described as "senior pros"?

As you say, it will (and has here) lead to speculation that will need to be addressed. It looks like Dobell's trying to force their hand to do what they should have done long ago. The counties don't exist without central funding. The ECB can't stand back and say that it's the county's call.

The current approach just encourages guilt by association. Those racist comments go far beyond what I had imagined. It looks "institutional" which taints everyone.

Plenty - Lyth, Ballance, Rashid, Bairstow, Patterson and Root would have all been there in that time. The Zimbabwe reference may offer a clue, but it isn't right to speculate really.
So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 10:31 - Nov 1 with 513 viewsXYZ

So, Yorkshire Cricket Club on 10:14 - Nov 1 by JakeITFC

Plenty - Lyth, Ballance, Rashid, Bairstow, Patterson and Root would have all been there in that time. The Zimbabwe reference may offer a clue, but it isn't right to speculate really.

Thanks. I think Dobell's point is that "playing by the rules" has led us to this point.

If they were in the dressing room, and did nothing, then they are answerable. Dobell is inviting the speculation because the alternative is that it carries on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024