Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me 21:37 - Oct 30 with 3263 viewsNeedhamChris

We're 1/3 of the way through the season and 60% of our wins have come against teams in the relegation zone, with 'statement' wins against the 12th and 13th place sides.

We seem to win when the individual sum of our parts is enough to put a poor side away, but when we need some tactical nous or a Plan B we've got nothing. We're still faring worse than we were under Lambert. That's on Cook and the coaching staff.

For those of you who are still sold on the journey - what are you seeing that I'm not? This season is just drifting away into nothingness.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 21:44 - Oct 30 with 1934 viewsJ2BLUE

We're 7 points off the play offs. That is a terrible failure right now and i'm not excusing it but we've seen enough recently to give Cook a bit more time. With this squad we should be able to make that up quickly. If we fall further behind then the club will have a decision to make.

Oh and just to be clear I am not suggesting the play offs were the target and trying to rewrite our pre-season expectations. The play offs were very much the plan b. Right now Cook is failing and probably only has the league games you can count on a Norfolk hand before we start sounding out other options.

Edited: typos
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 21:51]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 21:48 - Oct 30 with 1911 viewsFtnfwest

Well if we’re classing decent sides as the top six, this is the first time we’ve played any of them.
We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 21:52 - Oct 30 with 1872 viewsN2_Blue

I agree with you.

Cook has been poor, no way of pretending otherwise and fans that seems to be making excuses and say well he couldn't legislate for missing good chances....well what about the other games where we've been pretty poor.

I'd not be upset if we changed things but i don't think we will until playoffs become mathematically impossible, so he'll probably get sacked last few games of season!

Remove the 4-0 and 6-0 games and this season has been absolutely pathetic.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:06 - Oct 30 with 1802 viewsSwansea_Blue

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 21:44 - Oct 30 by J2BLUE

We're 7 points off the play offs. That is a terrible failure right now and i'm not excusing it but we've seen enough recently to give Cook a bit more time. With this squad we should be able to make that up quickly. If we fall further behind then the club will have a decision to make.

Oh and just to be clear I am not suggesting the play offs were the target and trying to rewrite our pre-season expectations. The play offs were very much the plan b. Right now Cook is failing and probably only has the league games you can count on a Norfolk hand before we start sounding out other options.

It’s going to be an interesting spell of 4-5 games. There are a lot of teams very close together in the mid table, and we’re still closer to the relegation spots than the PO positions. Struggle to put any of these better teams away and we’ll be in the brown sticky stuff again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:11 - Oct 30 with 1782 viewschrismakin

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 21:44 - Oct 30 by J2BLUE

Won't the owners look a bit daft tho

Brett coming out and saying promotion might not happen this season etc.. and it's OK

How can you say that. Then sack a manager for not doing what you've said you aren't fussed about.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 22:14]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:15 - Oct 30 with 1756 viewsNeedhamChris

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:11 - Oct 30 by chrismakin

Brett coming out and saying promotion might not happen this season etc.. and it's OK

How can you say that. Then sack a manager for not doing what you've said you aren't fussed about.

On your logic we could be bottom of the league and you'd still think they'd look daft..

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:16 - Oct 30 with 1752 viewsKeaneish

The game at Home Park today, for one.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:17 - Oct 30 with 1746 viewsCoastalblue

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:11 - Oct 30 by chrismakin

Perhaps he meant it might not happen because we don't currently have the right manager at the helm to deliver it.

I can't imagine they are going to worry about if a few people remember one of their comments and think they look daft.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:18 - Oct 30 with 1715 viewsElderGrizzly

Next 4 going wrong could see us closer than the current 5 points to the relegation zone too.

Optics won’t look good at all.
We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:19 - Oct 30 with 1720 viewsgtsb1966

You think they aren't "fussed" about promotion. These people are here to make money. Yes they will give it a bit of time but if they don't see progress on their investment they will pull the trigger without doubt. If we don't make the play offs Cook will be gone....and rightly so.
We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:22 - Oct 30 with 1675 viewschrismakin

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:17 - Oct 30 by Coastalblue

Perhaps he meant it might not happen because we don't currently have the right manager at the helm to deliver it.

I can't imagine they are going to worry about if a few people remember one of their comments and think they look daft.

Of course.

But it wouldn't look good to potential new managers if you say 1 thing publicly but act in a way that completely goes against it.

I think their statements in the q and a. And Brett's are indeed they know it may not happen this season.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:24 - Oct 30 with 1657 viewschrismakin

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:15 - Oct 30 by NeedhamChris

On your logic we could be bottom of the league and you'd still think they'd look daft..

Not really as they never said anything about promotion first season. In fact they've made it quite clear since the summer it might be a 2 year target.

Being bottom and facing relegation however is a different matter.

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:27 - Oct 30 with 1621 viewschrismakin

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:19 - Oct 30 by gtsb1966

You think they aren't "fussed" about promotion. These people are here to make money. Yes they will give it a bit of time but if they don't see progress on their investment they will pull the trigger without doubt. If we don't make the play offs Cook will be gone....and rightly so.

Oh I still think he'd be let go but only once playoffs were mathematically out of the running.

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:31 - Oct 30 with 1616 viewsgtsb1966

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:27 - Oct 30 by chrismakin

Oh I still think he'd be let go but only once playoffs were mathematically out of the running.

Even if we make the playoffs and lose I still think he'll be gone. Forget what has been said, it's promotion or the sack imho.
We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:32 - Oct 30 with 1605 viewsXYZ

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:24 - Oct 30 by chrismakin

Not really as they never said anything about promotion first season. In fact they've made it quite clear since the summer it might be a 2 year target.

Being bottom and facing relegation however is a different matter.

Bottom?

24th?

When's that likely, or even possibly, going to happen?
We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:34 - Oct 30 with 1576 viewschrismakin

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:32 - Oct 30 by XYZ

Bottom?

24th?

When's that likely, or even possibly, going to happen?

I didn't say it was. I was replying to someone who mentioned it

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:36 - Oct 30 with 1568 viewsGarv

You can not like the manager, you can think we're not doing as well as we should be. But you can't think a season is drifting into nothingness in October, especially for a team that hasn't failed to score in any game this league season and regularly scores two a game.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:36 - Oct 30 with 1545 viewschrismakin

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:31 - Oct 30 by gtsb1966

Even if we make the playoffs and lose I still think he'll be gone. Forget what has been said, it's promotion or the sack imho.

Yeah sorry think some confusion. Maybe my end.

J2 said he felt cook could be gone soon if we don't have a good run in the next run of games.

I was saying I don't think the sack would happen that soon based on Brett's words. I still expect PC to go much later in season if we don't go up.

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:41 - Oct 30 with 1505 viewsMaySixth

Imbecile - today was our first game against a team in the top six.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:42 - Oct 30 with 1508 viewsGarv

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 21:52 - Oct 30 by N2_Blue

I agree with you.

Cook has been poor, no way of pretending otherwise and fans that seems to be making excuses and say well he couldn't legislate for missing good chances....well what about the other games where we've been pretty poor.

I'd not be upset if we changed things but i don't think we will until playoffs become mathematically impossible, so he'll probably get sacked last few games of season!

Remove the 4-0 and 6-0 games and this season has been absolutely pathetic.

'Remove the 4-0 and 6-0 games and this season has been absolutely pathetic.'

This could be one of the most ridiculous things I've seen on this forum. Bravo.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:45 - Oct 30 with 1459 viewsXYZ

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:34 - Oct 30 by chrismakin

I didn't say it was. I was replying to someone who mentioned it

Fair dos, i didn't look back on the thread.
We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:45 - Oct 30 with 1446 viewschrismakin

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:42 - Oct 30 by Garv

'Remove the 4-0 and 6-0 games and this season has been absolutely pathetic.'

This could be one of the most ridiculous things I've seen on this forum. Bravo.

Remove the losses and it's been brilliant lol

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:46 - Oct 30 with 1441 viewsJ2BLUE

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:36 - Oct 30 by chrismakin

Yeah sorry think some confusion. Maybe my end.

J2 said he felt cook could be gone soon if we don't have a good run in the next run of games.

I was saying I don't think the sack would happen that soon based on Brett's words. I still expect PC to go much later in season if we don't go up.

Owners saying the right things isn't really an indicator. I would imagine there are very different conversations taking place in the boardroom than there are in public.

Clearly I have no proof but I think promotion was expected this season and at worst the owners thought we would be in the play offs. Again, that's my opinion based on the squad they've handed Cook. I thought our business was done and then they went out and signed a #1 keeper, Celina and Morsy. When you look at the squad it's like they've gone out and got a squad they thought would win the league.

I am convinced Ashton, MIL and the owners expected promotion. Maybe not they are being realistic and talking about the play offs but I really can't imagine that Cook has much time left if we don't gain some ground quickly. Especially with a transfer window coming up. Cook out first week of December, new man in by mid December. Four league games from then to 1st January. Then make some changes.

I hope it doesn't happen. I want Cook to come good.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:46 - Oct 30 with 1448 viewsNeedhamChris

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:41 - Oct 30 by MaySixth

Ignoring your pathetic resort to an insult straight away - we've played 7th, 8th and 10th too and managed 2 points from those. You must be thrilled...

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:48 - Oct 30 with 1396 viewsHighgateBlue

We still haven't won a game against a decent side - still Cook Out for me on 22:41 - Oct 30 by MaySixth

We're 7 points from the playoffs and 5 points from the relegation zone.

We've not beaten a top 10 side. What this means is not only that when we've played top 10 sides we haven't beaten them, but that we have harder games to come than those that we've played. And we're closer to the relegation zone than playoffs on that form against on average easier sides. So please don't call him an imbecile when he expresses a reasonable point of view. He never mentioned the top six.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024