Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. 17:17 - Nov 9 with 2591 viewsXYZ

Wear a mask; get jabbed.

I know it's not the law, but you may save a life. It hasn't gone anywhere.
262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 21:19 - Nov 9 with 403 viewsXYZ

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:22 - Nov 9 by GlasgowBlue

They do indeed. But I live in a country where they are mandatory, and the government are talking about introducing new restrictions because cases are staying at a worrying level.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/john-swinney-cannot-rule-out-2541721

Masks are an important tool in the fight against transmission. I haven't said otherwise, but I'm seeing a 20+% reduction in cases for three weeks running in maskless England, and cases staying stubbornly high in mask wearing Scotland and Wales and I'm thinking that we maybe need to look at other measures other than thinking that masking up is the solution.

Covid Passports in all hospitality settings, especially in the cold winter months, could become far more important tool than facemasks. That doesn't mean we should stop wearing them.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2021 19:23]

I've followed your comments re the UK countries' respective stats and don't see an answer, but my assumption is that your scottish stats would be worse without the masks in place.

No-one wants a "too late, again" move in the England version of the rules in mid-December - for the good of my mental health, I've given up following the detail too closely, so I don't know whether this is a serious risk.

The level of deaths seems to have been creeping up the pubs and clubs seem to be full of mask-less people. I have total sympathy for the youngsters out enjoying themselves, I'm a father to a few of them. It doesn't feel as though there's much control being applied in England.
262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 21:30 - Nov 9 with 376 viewsSwansea_Blue

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:28 - Nov 9 by GlasgowBlue

You were saying a few weeks ago that although mandatory, a lot of people are not wearing masks in Wales. Has that changed.

We are very compliant up here. And it is self policed as well.

Very mixed still. I've seen a few more lately if anything, but still see quite a few people in shops without. Of course schools are still not using them. We're just getting the jab now for secondary school kids. I'm hearing rumours that Drakeford is about to announce stricter measures, including going back to working from home as strongly recommended if at all poss. Not sure how true those rumours are though; I've not been paying much attention as we've had some personal stuff to deal with at home that's needing a lot of attention.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 07:46 - Nov 10 with 270 viewsGlasgowBlue

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 21:19 - Nov 9 by XYZ

I've followed your comments re the UK countries' respective stats and don't see an answer, but my assumption is that your scottish stats would be worse without the masks in place.

No-one wants a "too late, again" move in the England version of the rules in mid-December - for the good of my mental health, I've given up following the detail too closely, so I don't know whether this is a serious risk.

The level of deaths seems to have been creeping up the pubs and clubs seem to be full of mask-less people. I have total sympathy for the youngsters out enjoying themselves, I'm a father to a few of them. It doesn't feel as though there's much control being applied in England.

Nightclubs are a massive issue IMO. Young people in close proximity, jumping up and down without masks singing and chanting, then coming into contact with elderly relatives.

In mandated Scotland I think it’s bizarre that somebody has to put a mask on to leave their table in a restaurant for a pee but can dance mask less with hundreds of strangers.on a side note, I hadn’t realised how bad things were getting in Europe. It seems we have the lowest R number in the whole of Western Europe. Looks like I won’t be going to visit relatives in Germany any time soon.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 12:30 - Nov 10 with 222 viewsBlueBadger

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 17:20 - Nov 9 by BlueBadger

Yes, but the Labour PARTY.

LOl, downvotes from two people who post EXACTLY like this.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024