Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. 17:17 - Nov 9 with 2592 viewsXYZ

Wear a mask; get jabbed.

I know it's not the law, but you may save a life. It hasn't gone anywhere.
262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:10 - Nov 9 with 641 viewsBasuco

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:03 - Nov 9 by Digger77

*died with covid.

Deaths, and hospitalisations are falling. Some people ('experts') thought we'd be up at 100000+ cases a day now. We're nowhere near that.

Four weeks ago the death rate was 130, three weeks ago it was 140, two weeks ago it was 161 today it was 166 (rolling 7 day average death rate on each day) so how is that a falling death rate?
262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:12 - Nov 9 with 634 viewsMullet

*died with covid.

Deaths, and hospitalisations are falling. Some people ('experts') thought we'd be up at 100000+ cases a day now. We're nowhere near that.

Digger by name eh?

People are dying. Your takes on this are bizarre to say the least.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:13 - Nov 9 with 635 viewsgtsb1966

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:07 - Nov 9 by GlasgowBlue

I can't see a lockdown happening when cases have fallen by 20+% for the past three weeks.

Every death is a tragedy but with cases falling there should be a knock on effect in the death count.

Absolutely agree that everyone should get a jab and wear a face covering, but it's worth noting that Wales has mandatory face covering and they still have the highest number of cases per capita in the whole of the UK. In Scotland we have mandatory mask wearing and cases haven't dropped since early September. We are stubbornly stuck on around 2-3,000 cases a day up here. Masks aren't the silver bullet people seem to believe them to be.

The vaccine passport doesn't seem to have helped much although they are talking about extending it to bars and restaurants if cases stay as they are.

edit. I'm amazed Johnson hasn't thought of this incentive to get people to take up the vaccination.

[Post edited 9 Nov 2021 19:11]

Have you noticed how so many people will walk into a supermarket,put a mask on, but then walk straight past the hand sanitiser.
262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:14 - Nov 9 with 625 viewsXYZ

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:07 - Nov 9 by GlasgowBlue

I can't see a lockdown happening when cases have fallen by 20+% for the past three weeks.

Every death is a tragedy but with cases falling there should be a knock on effect in the death count.

Absolutely agree that everyone should get a jab and wear a face covering, but it's worth noting that Wales has mandatory face covering and they still have the highest number of cases per capita in the whole of the UK. In Scotland we have mandatory mask wearing and cases haven't dropped since early September. We are stubbornly stuck on around 2-3,000 cases a day up here. Masks aren't the silver bullet people seem to believe them to be.

The vaccine passport doesn't seem to have helped much although they are talking about extending it to bars and restaurants if cases stay as they are.

edit. I'm amazed Johnson hasn't thought of this incentive to get people to take up the vaccination.

Point me at anyone claiming masks to be a "silver bullet".

There's plenty of good science out there saying they help reduce transmission. Reduced transmission would be a good idea whilst cases continue running at such high levels.
262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:17 - Nov 9 with 600 viewsGlasgowBlue

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:13 - Nov 9 by gtsb1966

Have you noticed how so many people will walk into a supermarket,put a mask on, but then walk straight past the hand sanitiser.

I have hand sanitiser in the pocket of all my coats. I use it after any contact.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:18 - Nov 9 with 599 viewsvilanovablue

At present the numbers are so high as to be irrelevant. The key issue is asymptomatic passing of the illness which appears to be uncountable. If you don't feel ill you don't get tested, you might pass it to someone who is symptomatic and gets tested. This is supposition on my part and may be nonsense.
262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:18 - Nov 9 with 594 viewsDigger77

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:10 - Nov 9 by Basuco

Four weeks ago the death rate was 130, three weeks ago it was 140, two weeks ago it was 161 today it was 166 (rolling 7 day average death rate on each day) so how is that a falling death rate?

The number of deaths today are 11% lower than last Tuesday. Apologies if I should have been clearer.
262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:22 - Nov 9 with 577 viewsGlasgowBlue

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:14 - Nov 9 by XYZ

Point me at anyone claiming masks to be a "silver bullet".

There's plenty of good science out there saying they help reduce transmission. Reduced transmission would be a good idea whilst cases continue running at such high levels.

They do indeed. But I live in a country where they are mandatory, and the government are talking about introducing new restrictions because cases are staying at a worrying level.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/john-swinney-cannot-rule-out-2541721

Masks are an important tool in the fight against transmission. I haven't said otherwise, but I'm seeing a 20+% reduction in cases for three weeks running in maskless England, and cases staying stubbornly high in mask wearing Scotland and Wales and I'm thinking that we maybe need to look at other measures other than thinking that masking up is the solution.

Covid Passports in all hospitality settings, especially in the cold winter months, could become far more important tool than facemasks. That doesn't mean we should stop wearing them.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2021 19:23]

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:24 - Nov 9 with 569 viewsSwansea_Blue

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 17:29 - Nov 9 by J2BLUE

I heard on the radio earlier that 1 in 3 people have no symptoms now after the vaccines so anyone thinking they feel ok really needs to think of others and wear a damn mask.

Don't kill someone's elderly parent/grandparents just before Christmas.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2021 17:37]

It’s not hard is it? Are masks the panacea - no. But they help at least a bit. Social distancing isn’t getting enough attention either. I think it’s supposed to be more useful than makes in its own right, and a wombo combo when combined with masks.

Sticking on a mask indoors in communal areas and being mindful of people’s personal space is no trouble at all.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:27 - Nov 9 with 567 viewsGlasgowBlue

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:18 - Nov 9 by Digger77

The number of deaths today are 11% lower than last Tuesday. Apologies if I should have been clearer.

In England there were 25 less deaths than last Tuesday. However, yesterday there were 19 more deaths than last Monday.

As I said in the other post, deaths will always be higher 3 weeks after a high number of infections. If they don't drop over the next few weeks then vilanovablue may well be correct about there being far more untested asymptomatic people walking about.

Iron Lion Zion

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:28 - Nov 9 with 556 viewsGlasgowBlue

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:24 - Nov 9 by Swansea_Blue

It’s not hard is it? Are masks the panacea - no. But they help at least a bit. Social distancing isn’t getting enough attention either. I think it’s supposed to be more useful than makes in its own right, and a wombo combo when combined with masks.

Sticking on a mask indoors in communal areas and being mindful of people’s personal space is no trouble at all.

You were saying a few weeks ago that although mandatory, a lot of people are not wearing masks in Wales. Has that changed.

We are very compliant up here. And it is self policed as well.

Iron Lion Zion

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:36 - Nov 9 with 535 viewsStokieBlue

*died with covid.

Can we please stop this? We know from excess death studies that the numbers are roughly accurate or possibly understated.

It was wrong and tiresome in April 2020. Now it just looks like trolling.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:38 - Nov 9 with 527 viewswkj

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:36 - Nov 9 by StokieBlue

Can we please stop this? We know from excess death studies that the numbers are roughly accurate or possibly understated.

SB

At this point it's like he's trying to argue that a Pickle isn't a cucumber.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:39 - Nov 9 with 528 viewsStokieBlue

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:13 - Nov 9 by gtsb1966

It's extremely hard to get covid from a surface, it was thought to be a route of transmission but subsequent studies have shown is a minimal risk and masks are far, far more important.

You are of course right people should way their hands for many other reasons though but no comparison to mask wearing is valid.

SB
[Post edited 9 Nov 2021 19:46]

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:46 - Nov 9 with 502 viewsjas0999

Those that eligible, get the booster. Jabs are working. No doubt.
262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:49 - Nov 9 with 494 viewsBasuco

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:27 - Nov 9 by GlasgowBlue

In England there were 25 less deaths than last Tuesday. However, yesterday there were 19 more deaths than last Monday.

As I said in the other post, deaths will always be higher 3 weeks after a high number of infections. If they don't drop over the next few weeks then vilanovablue may well be correct about there being far more untested asymptomatic people walking about.

I always look at the rolling 7 day average figure rather than an individual days figure, it smooth's out reporting inaccuracies. Agree it is good to see the infection rate in the low 30K's rather than low 40K's.
262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:55 - Nov 9 with 476 viewsgtsb1966

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:39 - Nov 9 by StokieBlue

It's extremely hard to get covid from a surface, it was thought to be a route of transmission but subsequent studies have shown is a minimal risk and masks are far, far more important.

You are of course right people should way their hands for many other reasons though but no comparison to mask wearing is valid.

SB
[Post edited 9 Nov 2021 19:46]

"I'm right". Bloody hell I need to lie down. The patronising one agrees with me. Nurse.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2021 20:00]
262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:58 - Nov 9 with 465 viewsDigger77

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:36 - Nov 9 by StokieBlue

SB

Don't agree = trolling.

You need to get out more mate.
262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 20:01 - Nov 9 with 434 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 18:52 - Nov 9 by Basuco

Last Tuesday the 7 day average death rate was 161, today it is up to 166, so far this month 1492 people have died from Covid. Get the vaccine and wear a mask, Christmas lockdown is looking a real possibility, the news and outlook is not great.

Another Christmas in lockdown. Oh joy

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 20:03 - Nov 9 with 431 viewsgtsb1966

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 20:01 - Nov 9 by The_Romford_Blue

Another Christmas in lockdown. Oh joy

I wouldn't worry Rommy. Going to be f*** all to eat or drink anyway
262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 20:08 - Nov 9 with 407 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 20:03 - Nov 9 by gtsb1966

It’s always a somewhat bleak outlook on here ain’t it haha

Where’s your Christmas spirit TWTD? No lockdown for Christmas 2022. Surely? Believe! ™️

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 20:09 - Nov 9 with 405 viewsGlasgowBlue

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 20:03 - Nov 9 by gtsb1966

We'll all be eating whatever dead cat Johnson throws on the table.

Iron Lion Zion

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 20:12 - Nov 9 with 402 viewsStokieBlue

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:58 - Nov 9 by Digger77

Don't agree = trolling.

You need to get out more mate.

If someone repeatedly points you to evidence showing your opinion is wrong but you keep posting it then it's trolling.

SB

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 20:14 - Nov 9 with 392 viewsStokieBlue

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 19:55 - Nov 9 by gtsb1966

"I'm right". Bloody hell I need to lie down. The patronising one agrees with me. Nurse.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2021 20:00]

Not what I said.

You were wrong about covid but you were right about hygiene.

SB

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 20:34 - Nov 9 with 340 viewsChondzoresk

262 more deaths announced today. RIP each of them. on 18:11 - Nov 9 by StochesStotasBlewe

Have noticed that Diss supermarkets are much better for mask wearers than Stowmarket or Ipswich and now shop there or get supplies in Eye during the week. It appears to be across the age groups too.

Totally agree, I shop in Eye and Diss. The mask wearing is mainly okay…Ipswich is quite poor in comparison.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024