Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those travelling to Oldham 15:25 - Nov 16 with 5783 viewsPhilTWTD

Might be best to avoid the A1, static in Cambridgeshire due to a vehicle fire with air ambulance having attended. Think it may be a long wait.
Those travelling to Oldham on 20:50 - Nov 16 with 1100 viewsWhos_blue

Those travelling to Oldham on 20:30 - Nov 16 by PhilTWTD

No, definitely not. Can't remember getting stuck for this long once on the way to a game before, let alone twice.

Judging on some of the comments in other threads, it's probably done you a favour!

The half time report is going to be an interesting read!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Those travelling to Oldham on 20:52 - Nov 16 with 1097 viewsWhos_blue

No, definitely not. Can't remember getting stuck for this long once on the way to a game before, let alone twice.

Let the phone ring 3 times to let us know you've got there OK!

Those travelling to Oldham on 22:54 - Nov 16 with 975 viewsRyorry

If nothing else, it's a reminder that slogging your way hundreds of miles to distant parts of the country on dark winter nights, in addition to writing top copy reports on the games when you (usually) get there, followed by late returns home - plus all the rest of the site running you do incl dealing with the club, advertisers & keeping the kindergarten (aka forum) in order, are something TWTDers probably take far too much for granted. Thank you Phil (and Gav)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Those travelling to Oldham on 22:57 - Nov 16 with 961 viewsWhos_blue

Those travelling to Oldham on 22:54 - Nov 16 by Ryorry

If nothing else, it's a reminder that slogging your way hundreds of miles to distant parts of the country on dark winter nights, in addition to writing top copy reports on the games when you (usually) get there, followed by late returns home - plus all the rest of the site running you do incl dealing with the club, advertisers & keeping the kindergarten (aka forum) in order, are something TWTDers probably take far too much for granted. Thank you Phil (and Gav)

Very well said.

Those travelling to Oldham on 22:59 - Nov 16 with 956 viewsSamuelowen88

The fact Phil "got stuck in traffic" and couldn't make it there, of course has nothing to do with a McVities factory being just down the road....

Nothing at all.

In other, totally unrelated news. TWTD towers biscuit supply was reportedly very low this week

Poll: England v Wales Score

Those travelling to Oldham on 23:52 - Nov 16 with 884 viewsPhilTWTD

Those travelling to Oldham on 22:54 - Nov 16 by Ryorry

Thanks Ryorry. Not the best night I've had doing this I have to say. Left mine at just after one and didn't actually arrive anywhere until I got to my hotel at 10.45.
Those travelling to Oldham on 06:54 - Nov 17 with 725 viewsITFC_Forever

Those travelling to Oldham on 23:52 - Nov 16 by PhilTWTD

Thanks Ryorry. Not the best night I've had doing this I have to say. Left mine at just after one and didn't actually arrive anywhere until I got to my hotel at 10.45.

Commiserations Phil, what a waste of a day.

When was the last time you missed a game?

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Those travelling to Oldham on 21:59 - Nov 17 with 532 viewsWhos_blue

Those travelling to Oldham on 17:20 - Nov 16 by Whos_blue

Don't be too quick to criticise.

If it's a long closure it can be due to a number of reasons including repair to the barrier or road surface.
If it's a fatllity, it becomes a crime scene and the road is closed for investigation purposes. This can take hours and so it should.
Inconvenient yes, but it could also be someone's worse day.

Sad epilogue to this thread.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/police-confirm-a-man-has-died-in-collis

Login to get fewer ads

Those travelling to Oldham on 22:08 - Nov 17 with 503 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Those travelling to Oldham on 21:59 - Nov 17 by Whos_blue

Sad epilogue to this thread.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/police-confirm-a-man-has-died-in-collis

Which will also explain why the road took so long to reopen. Aside from potential damage to the road surface, can't just have people driving straight through a potential crime scene until all the evidence has been collected. Standard for fatal and potentially fatal accidents.

Not good for those stuck in it, like Phil. I am sure there must be ways to deal with these better but simply reopening one carriageway sometimes genuinely is not an option.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Those travelling to Oldham on 22:55 - Nov 17 with 441 viewsPhilTWTD

Those travelling to Oldham on 06:54 - Nov 17 by ITFC_Forever

Commiserations Phil, what a waste of a day.

When was the last time you missed a game?

Accrington in the cup a couple of seasons back as my dad died that day.
Those travelling to Oldham on 22:58 - Nov 17 with 430 viewsWhos_blue

Those travelling to Oldham on 22:55 - Nov 17 by PhilTWTD

Accrington in the cup a couple of seasons back as my dad died that day.

That sucks. 😔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024