Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So far short it's untrue – so what will the owners do? 22:27 - Nov 23 with 1126 viewsSomethingBlue

I'd like to offer something positive but I've got nothing. Rotherham are a good side: well oiled, strong, confident, they'll go up. But we didn't lay as much as a finger on them.

It's not looking good now, however you spin it. Four points from five games against teams we'd like to be our rivals — a drying-up of the one thing we had in our favour ie goals, and a continued inability to keep things tight enough at the other end.

Might have been better with a right side that wasn't — rough guess — our fifth choice combination at the start of the season or with a senior left-back. Also questions up front today I'm afraid: I love Bonne but compare his contribution with Smith's there and it is night and day, we badly need Pigott to step up and give us another credible option up there otherwise it's a major need in January. Could carry on all over the pitch tonight though.

Good crowd in there tonight and at half time I thought it might still be on if we came out well and there was enough injustice whipped up at whatever sh7thousery Rotherham produced. But it never really was. It's going to be lovely to sell out the Sunderland game but let's get real, we are on course for a 13k crowd this time next year against Forest Green and a tonne of regrets about how we squandered a moment that could have really been special for this club. What will the owners do?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So far short it's untrue — so what will the owners do? on 22:37 - Nov 23 with 1002 viewsJakeITFC

It was very bad tonight because it wasn’t really anything - at least to date on our bad days we were naive, done by more streetwise teams because we were trying to play football and stick to our principles; today was none of that. Lifeless, ponderous and pointless on the ball, all over the place off it. Rotherham came and gave a pressing masterclass first up, but once they retreated and let us have the ball after the first goal we just didn’t have a clue, a style or a plan.

I’m a big fan of Cook, I’m a big fan of the way his teams play when on song and almost of his pigheadedness in refusing to budge from a certain method. Today was a million miles from that, so you have to question what is going on (and whether we have time or preference to wait for him to effectively start from scratch again).
So far short it's untrue — so what will the owners do? on 22:38 - Nov 23 with 978 viewsJDB23

“BuT wE’re sTiLl ImPrOviNG”

That was dreadful a dreadful performance. They are a good team but they didn’t need to get out of second gear to deal with us with ease. Didn’t have a single spell where we looked at all threatening. Terrible team selection, Fraser on the left is mind blowing and just leaves an inexperienced Clements completely exposed with nothing in front of him. Bonne once again isolated but of course Cook leaves it far too late to make a change. Our thought process in the final third is shocking, either the players have completely lost confidence or they are being coached to be totally gun shy and always play the safe negative option.

Sorry Cook, I really like you and really wanted it to succeed but he has to go imo.
So far short it's untrue — so what will the owners do? on 22:42 - Nov 23 with 935 viewsSomethingBlue

So far short it's untrue — so what will the owners do? on 22:37 - Nov 23 by JakeITFC

It was very bad tonight because it wasn’t really anything - at least to date on our bad days we were naive, done by more streetwise teams because we were trying to play football and stick to our principles; today was none of that. Lifeless, ponderous and pointless on the ball, all over the place off it. Rotherham came and gave a pressing masterclass first up, but once they retreated and let us have the ball after the first goal we just didn’t have a clue, a style or a plan.

I’m a big fan of Cook, I’m a big fan of the way his teams play when on song and almost of his pigheadedness in refusing to budge from a certain method. Today was a million miles from that, so you have to question what is going on (and whether we have time or preference to wait for him to effectively start from scratch again).

This is it, it was just nothing.

Think we could go on forever tonight but another thing with that — if you've been so weakened down the right side then start KVY and give yourself a viable outlet, either that or start Edwards out there further forward. Wiles isn't an orthodox winger, he likes to come inside as we now know very well, it would have been OK.

Cook is great when the going is good and we are in full flow and Wycombe was a great example because we had what, as I said when the teams were read out that day, was probably the ideal XI for his approach on the pitch. Anything else and we look way, way off. And we don't have a lot of time to make the most of the moment we're currently in, believe me.

So far short it's untrue — so what will the owners do? on 22:49 - Nov 23 with 847 viewsfab_lover

What will the owners do ? They will crunch the numbers, same as they've always done.

We're owned by a pension fund. They could have bought pork bellies or a Rembrandt or Bitcoin, but they bought us. "What" we are is irrelevant to them. It's what we make them financially, which at the moment looks like feck all.

Sport is a stats game in the US even more than over here. They will have a spreadsheet, once too many cells in there are in red, PC will go, and that's regardless of what they say in public. ITFC is, for them, a commodity they have bought, and nothing more.
So far short it's untrue — so what will the owners do? on 22:58 - Nov 23 with 755 viewsSomethingBlue

So far short it's untrue — so what will the owners do? on 22:49 - Nov 23 by fab_lover

What will the owners do ? They will crunch the numbers, same as they've always done.

We're owned by a pension fund. They could have bought pork bellies or a Rembrandt or Bitcoin, but they bought us. "What" we are is irrelevant to them. It's what we make them financially, which at the moment looks like feck all.

Sport is a stats game in the US even more than over here. They will have a spreadsheet, once too many cells in there are in red, PC will go, and that's regardless of what they say in public. ITFC is, for them, a commodity they have bought, and nothing more.

Maybe — and the numbers won't be showing up very well.

So far short it's untrue — so what will the owners do? on 22:59 - Nov 23 with 731 viewstractorboy1978

I don't understand why he seems to think you can interchange players with totally different attributes/qualities and play exactly the same way. Donacien and KVY are different in attacking drive/intent, Coulson/Penney and Clements are different. Edwards/Burns are proper wingers, Celina/Chaplin/Fraser want to drift inside. It was clear as day before a ball was even kicked we had no attacking drive wide tonight.

So many times we had it centrally and Bonne was lingering centrally waiting for a ball to come in rather than trying to run down the sides for a pass to be slid. But if you are playing with Burns/Edwards one game and Celina/Fraser the next, it's going to be difficult to build that understanding!
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 23:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024