Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City 09:45 - Nov 25 with 1386 viewsWickets

Watched their match last night on BT Sport could not help remembering them at Portman RD a couple of decades ago , us in the North Stand singing " Blue moon you got promoted too soon now your going back down and Europe is coming to Town " Long time ago i know will those heady days ever return ?
Man City on 13:04 - Nov 25 with 1272 viewsBasingstokeBlue

That evening (Monday the 7th of May, 2001) sticks in my mind for several reasons:

* My first (and only) match viewed from the new South Stand.
* The last match played in front of the old North.
* Town cementing their 5th-place finish in the Premier League.
* City getting relegated in the process.
* Taking an affable Mancunian family for a drink at the Jollies, afterwards.

What a lovely day. TWTD

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Man City on 13:06 - Nov 25 with 1260 viewswkj

We have egg on our face now, but god was it good to sign at the time.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Man City on 13:17 - Nov 25 with 1232 viewsclive_baker

Remember it well, I was a teenager and just assumed it would always be that good.

I think the best thing about that season was just being so relevant. I have such good memories of playing in the morning, watching in the afternoon and listening to R5 on the way home, the coverage / reporting from our games, waxing lyrical about our style and the fact we were in and around the top 4 / 6. Wins at Anfield, Goodison, Maine Road, Arsenal in the cup, Leeds, thumping Spurs and Southampton. I remember them all so well.

Perhaps doesn't compare to the trophy wins of yesteryear but for my generation TWTD

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Man City on 13:21 - Nov 25 with 1208 viewswkj

Man City on 13:17 - Nov 25 by clive_baker

Remember it well, I was a teenager and just assumed it would always be that good.

I think the best thing about that season was just being so relevant. I have such good memories of playing in the morning, watching in the afternoon and listening to R5 on the way home, the coverage / reporting from our games, waxing lyrical about our style and the fact we were in and around the top 4 / 6. Wins at Anfield, Goodison, Maine Road, Arsenal in the cup, Leeds, thumping Spurs and Southampton. I remember them all so well.

Perhaps doesn't compare to the trophy wins of yesteryear but for my generation TWTD

Nothing like the moment I say the scoreline in the Greenun back in the days we played away and I was at work with sainsburys.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Man City on 13:26 - Nov 25 with 1189 viewsclive_baker

Man City on 13:21 - Nov 25 by wkj

Nothing like the moment I say the scoreline in the Greenun back in the days we played away and I was at work with sainsburys.

The Green un never ceased to impress me. How I could leave the game, get back to my local shop before it closed at 6pm and it was already in there, full match report as well as all of the local non league. Obviously we're spoilt now with online content, but for that to be in print and distributed so promptly always amazed me.

TWTD.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Man City on 17:13 - Nov 25 with 1031 viewsstrikalite

I always thought it was ".......now you're going back down, you won't be coming to Town"
Man City on 19:23 - Nov 25 with 933 viewsDurovigutum

Man City on 17:13 - Nov 25 by strikalite

I always thought it was ".......now you're going back down, you won't be coming to Town"

No, Europe's coming to Town.

I'm almost glad ITFC is a far less important part of my life today than it was then.
Man City on 20:01 - Nov 25 with 894 viewsronnyd

Man City on 13:04 - Nov 25 by BasingstokeBlue

That evening (Monday the 7th of May, 2001) sticks in my mind for several reasons:

What a lovely day. TWTD

Yes, it's days like that which makes it so hard to stomach where we are now. It's worse for us oldies because we had a past to live in. The young 'uns have had nowt.
Login to get fewer ads

Man City on 13:46 - Nov 26 with 730 viewsChurchman

Man City on 13:04 - Nov 25 by BasingstokeBlue

What a lovely day. TWTD

I was in North Stand that season and that game is one of many memorable ones. Matt Holland scored heading one into the ground and we came back from a goal down. I knew we would. We were good. People were ripping chunks out of the plastic signs after the game for souvenirs.

I doubt those sort of days will ever return, but you never know.
Man City on 16:07 - Nov 26 with 665 viewsKropotkin123

Great match, what ever happened to Man City

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Man City on 18:17 - Nov 26 with 615 viewsLancsBlue

My wife is a Man City season-ticket holder and that match was the first one we went to together - she didn't speak to me for three days afterwards! They then beat us in the FA Cup the following year when a league below us - and we haven't played them since. We have however, won 7 of the last 9 meetings with them.

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

Man City on 18:30 - Nov 26 with 598 viewsGeoffSentence

Man City on 13:06 - Nov 25 by wkj

We have egg on our face now, but god was it good to sign at the time.

For the benefit of City's deaf fans?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024