Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unfortunately it's looking like the red listing wasn't enough 13:43 - Nov 26 with 3084 viewsStokieBlue

Certainly not a criticism of the government here, they moved as quickly as they could have but unfortunately the detection of new variants is always going to be laggy.

Cases in Israel from Malawi (not on the red list).

Cases in Belgium from Egypt (via Turkey) (not on the red list and no contact with red list countries).

Seems the cases are coming from routes well outside the defined source countries which I guess is to be expected.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Unfortunately it's looking like the red listing wasn't enough on 18:15 - Nov 26 with 304 viewseireblue

Unfortunately it's looking like the red listing wasn't enough on 16:25 - Nov 26 by NthQldITFC

So far.

In Dinosaur heaven they are laughing at that one. We managed 165 million years and it took a bloody big rock to kill us off, humans pffft 6 million years in, and will destroy the eco-system in another 100 years.
Unfortunately it's looking like the red listing wasn't enough on 19:08 - Nov 26 with 269 viewsTrequartista

Unfortunately it's looking like the red listing wasn't enough on 17:24 - Nov 26 by StokieBlue

I've not cherry picked at all. I've picked the bit which are relevant to Japan. The bit I pasted was his conclusion which clearly doesn't agree with the Japanese interpretation and cites other factors as far more likely to be the reason.

He also said this:

“However, that will only occur in a very small subset of cases."

“There will still be a lot of coronavirus around that is capable of infecting people and will do just that until we have sufficient immunity or we can break the chains of transmission, which is what happened with SARS because it wasn’t as good at transmission as Covid-19.”

So as I said, the other non-mutated C19 will just take over again and the defunct mutated one would die off. He's then gone on to cite the measures I quoted above as the most likely cause.

"and the discovery of mutations causing a fault in the virus making it unable to replicate by the genetics professor at the National Institute of Genetics in Japan may also be a factor."

There is no published work on this at all and I can't find many who agree with the interpretation of the Japanese scientist. It's far too early to cite it as a possible factor as you've done. If the science changes then of course that can change but that's the current state of play.

SB

I'm happy with "maybe a factor". A scientist in the actual country, not some facebook crank, has suggested it, and i'm not saying "is a factor" because its neither proven nor peer-reviewed. It's not mask-wearing and social distancing which was already there, and i notice no-one has countered that point. It's important we scrutinise all covid information for truth, not just the people we agree with.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

How effective would a well immunised population be in restricting mutations? on 20:43 - Nov 26 with 221 viewsborge

How effective would a well immunised population be in restricting mutations? on 14:59 - Nov 26 by hype313

Australia have said they won't stop flights from SA and have stated it's a "Variant of Interest" as opposed to Concern.

It was a variant of interest until a couple of hours ago - it is the WHO that decides how it is classified and this evening they have deemed it a variant of concern.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024