Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trip to Barrow may not be too arduous 08:30 - Dec 5 with 1052 viewsKesgrave_Exile

Just checking the journey to Barrow which is around six hours with a fair wind by road which is far from ideal.

However, there is a airport at Barrow which the club could charter a flight to and drastically cut the travel and recovery time. I think the distance between clubs is justifiable to use air travel.

Trip to Barrow may not be too arduous on 08:55 - Dec 5 with 937 viewsPendejo

The second thing I thought after seeing the score was that there's a family of Barrow based Town fans who get a home game. Met them at Burnley many years ago.
(The first thing was w@nkers)

Where would you fly from?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Trip to Barrow may not be too arduous on 08:56 - Dec 5 with 934 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Thought they’d probably fly to Liverpool or Manchester, although I think there are often restrictions after games with take off times.

Would the Barrow airport be able to take a plane the size needed?
Trip to Barrow may not be too arduous on 09:03 - Dec 5 with 894 viewsmonty_radio

Trip to Barrow may not be too arduous on 08:56 - Dec 5 by PrideOfTheEast

Thought they’d probably fly to Liverpool or Manchester, although I think there are often restrictions after games with take off times.

Would the Barrow airport be able to take a plane the size needed?

We probably won't have all of our sizeable coaching staff repaced by that point.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Trip to Barrow may not be too arduous on 09:32 - Dec 5 with 804 viewsLeedsblue1

The airport is on Walney Island just next to Barrow. A small airport with a tiny runway. You wouldn’t get a big plane landing there!
We have connections up in Barrow so go 2-3 times a year. A long old trip through by road!
[Redacted] on 10:01 - Dec 5 with 733 viewsvictorywilhappen

Trip to Barrow may not be too arduous on 09:32 - Dec 5 by Leedsblue1

The airport is on Walney Island just next to Barrow. A small airport with a tiny runway. You wouldn’t get a big plane landing there!
We have connections up in Barrow so go 2-3 times a year. A long old trip through by road!

[Redacted]
Trip to Barrow may not be too arduous on 10:12 - Dec 5 with 693 viewsGeomorph

[Redacted] on 10:01 - Dec 5 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Been a family of ulverston based town fans here since dad moved jobs from ransomes to vickers in 1963. Usual road journey to pr is about 5 or so hours.
Trip to Barrow may not be too arduous on 10:48 - Dec 5 with 623 viewsRyorry

If I were Gamechanger & McGreal, I'd arrange for the squad to go on from Wigan to Barrow for a couple of days' mental break & general relaxation incl a couple of walks (along safe paths!) at a hotel in the Lakes, chance to chill & chat honestly.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Trip to Barrow may not be too arduous on 11:15 - Dec 5 with 572 viewsrattram

Trip to Barrow may not be too arduous on 09:32 - Dec 5 by Leedsblue1

I think it's a private airport owned by BAE Systems. If you have your own small private plane i'm sure you'll be allowed to land. If you get permission let me know and can I be the first to ask to accompany you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024