Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fraser and the out of position argument 12:56 - Dec 10 with 659 viewskizaitfc

I feel Fraser gets too much defence for his poor performances due to him "playing out of position".

He looked awful on Tuesday IMO, yes he plays the odd exciting ball, but he also loses the ball very cheaply and often looks disinterested.

If a player cannot play make the adjustment from No.10 to Left sided wide man I dont see that he has a big future. Players have to be adaptable especially when you consider we have 3 No.10s and potentially have the option 2 go up front (so no No.10).

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Fraser and the out of position argument on 12:58 - Dec 10 with 639 viewsNthQldITFC

He's not a great keeper either.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Fraser and the out of position argument on 13:03 - Dec 10 with 614 viewsjayessess

Christ, I wish we could get past trying to assess whether a player "looks interested/disinterested", it's such a pointless area of analysis.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Fraser and the out of position argument on 13:09 - Dec 10 with 583 viewskizaitfc

Fraser and the out of position argument on 13:03 - Dec 10 by jayessess

Christ, I wish we could get past trying to assess whether a player "looks interested/disinterested", it's such a pointless area of analysis.

Why, I want players that will put in 100% and chase down balls, put pressure on the opposition.

Not players that lose the ball and then dont fight to win the ball back.

Sam Morsy was also guilty of this on Tuesday night.

In contrast to the Charlton midfield who ran for a full 90 mins, putting pressure on us every time we had the ball.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Fraser and the out of position argument on 13:13 - Dec 10 with 541 viewsjayessess

Fraser and the out of position argument on 13:09 - Dec 10 by kizaitfc

Why, I want players that will put in 100% and chase down balls, put pressure on the opposition.

Not players that lose the ball and then dont fight to win the ball back.

Sam Morsy was also guilty of this on Tuesday night.

In contrast to the Charlton midfield who ran for a full 90 mins, putting pressure on us every time we had the ball.

Because our players will be as "interested" in winning football managers as any other bloody group of players. Charlton's midfield were busy turning in far worse performances than ours mere weeks ago, hence why they're still below us in the league.

The difference is a decent coach has managed to get them better organised, into better shapes, with better instructions, then got a few wins and some confidence into them. Not the innate professionalism and levels of interest of the sodding players, ffs.

Fraser and the out of position argument on 13:23 - Dec 10 with 496 viewsGarv

I feel he's similar to Celina in that you excuse the bad things e.g losing the ball cheaply and being crowded out quite often, for the odd piece of brilliance. Celina offers the odd piece of brilliance a lot more often than Fraser does though.

That he finds it difficult to nail down a position unless it's in a specific formation should really be on him rather than the management. Obviously it goes both ways overall but you could argue he is a luxury player.

I'd be quite happy to see a 4-3-3 going forward, in which case he should shine. Not sure what that would mean for Celina and Chaplin etc but there you go.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Fraser and the out of position argument on 13:26 - Dec 10 with 467 viewsGarv

Fraser and the out of position argument on 13:13 - Dec 10 by jayessess

Because our players will be as "interested" in winning football managers as any other bloody group of players. Charlton's midfield were busy turning in far worse performances than ours mere weeks ago, hence why they're still below us in the league.

The difference is a decent coach has managed to get them better organised, into better shapes, with better instructions, then got a few wins and some confidence into them. Not the innate professionalism and levels of interest of the sodding players, ffs.

Have to agree. How often do you hear the cries of 'no passion, no fight' after a run of bad form? It's the go-to accusation.

We showed all sorts of passion at Wycombe. I don't think the squad's professionalism changed in a month.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Fraser and the out of position argument on 13:30 - Dec 10 with 455 viewsjayessess

Fraser and the out of position argument on 13:26 - Dec 10 by Garv

Have to agree. How often do you hear the cries of 'no passion, no fight' after a run of bad form? It's the go-to accusation.

We showed all sorts of passion at Wycombe. I don't think the squad's professionalism changed in a month.

One of the things that impressed me Tuesday night was how, on the rare occasions we managed to work the ball between the lines and get our forward players involved, you saw 2/3 players sprinting over towards Edwards as he advanced into space. Instinctively you think that's about "effort", but it really isn't. It's about the positions those players were in when Edwards got the ball, the instructions they've been given as to who to cover and when, the triggers for those sprints.

In a badly structured team, everyone looks lazier, because they're constantly getting exposed, too far from the situation unfolding to make a difference to anything.

Fraser and the out of position argument on 13:38 - Dec 10 with 406 viewsurbanblue

Fraser and the out of position argument on 13:26 - Dec 10 by Garv

True. Anyone that has ever played football knows that when things start going wrong, sometimes however hard you try it just seems you can't get things going. Then heads start dropping and it just get worse.

Sometimes everything you do turns to gold but when on a downhill spiral it just turns to sh1t. Then you tend to lose confidence and the effort drops.

These players don't do it deliberately.

Football, and indeed a lot of sports are so psychological.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024