Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. 07:17 - Dec 10 with 2466 viewsOwainG1992

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/34120-tony-mowbray-discussion/page/777/

The whole Be careful what you wish for line comes to mind.

Many seems happy at the thought of him leaving.

I'd be thrilled if we got him.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 07:21 - Dec 10 with 2402 viewsFtnfwest

Yeah, if anyone actually took any notice of forums though…..
Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 07:25 - Dec 10 with 2395 viewshype313

"I went on the Ipswich forum at lunchtime to see what they had to say about this. I have to say I find it fascinating the difference of opinion and how highly they regard him.

To me I wouldn't be bothered if he went although to be honest it would sum up what a shambles this club is if it were to happen at this juncture.

Yet the Ipswich lot seem almost giddy with excitement. Salivating at the mere prospect of it. Bizarre really.

I know he was popular there as a player yet his managerial career hardly sets pulses racing. We are on a good run and doing well but take away the last month or so and we have been much of a muchness in the Championship for the last 3 years.

A popular name in the betting there is Neil Harris who got Millwall out of League One, kept them in the Championship and did an Ok job at Cardiff yet they are lukewarm as to his credentials yet Mowbray who got us out of League One (with a lot better squad), kept us in the Championship is seen as an incredible appointment."

That's actually a valid point, we view Mogga differently because he was part of that great team. Blue tinted specs and all.

Anyway, I'd be surprised as Phil has stated on numerous occasions he is settled in tbe North East and doesn't seem keen to leave.wl

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 07:56 - Dec 10 with 2230 viewsbilllm

Not for me,
Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 08:11 - Dec 10 with 2152 viewswkj

I don't think they liked my biscuit thread.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 08:17 - Dec 10 with 2116 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 07:25 - Dec 10 by hype313

"I went on the Ipswich forum at lunchtime to see what they had to say about this. I have to say I find it fascinating the difference of opinion and how highly they regard him.

To me I wouldn't be bothered if he went although to be honest it would sum up what a shambles this club is if it were to happen at this juncture.

Yet the Ipswich lot seem almost giddy with excitement. Salivating at the mere prospect of it. Bizarre really.

I know he was popular there as a player yet his managerial career hardly sets pulses racing. We are on a good run and doing well but take away the last month or so and we have been much of a muchness in the Championship for the last 3 years.

A popular name in the betting there is Neil Harris who got Millwall out of League One, kept them in the Championship and did an Ok job at Cardiff yet they are lukewarm as to his credentials yet Mowbray who got us out of League One (with a lot better squad), kept us in the Championship is seen as an incredible appointment."

That's actually a valid point, we view Mogga differently because he was part of that great team. Blue tinted specs and all.

Anyway, I'd be surprised as Phil has stated on numerous occasions he is settled in tbe North East and doesn't seem keen to leave.wl

If you look at Mowbray, he's had a good career over a 20 year period.

Win % is good. I think some people under rate him.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 08:28 - Dec 10 with 2017 viewsSimonds92

Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 07:25 - Dec 10 by hype313

Got to be honest it doesn't really excite me at all but literally none of the candidates mentioned so far are exciting. Someone from abroad may be worth a punt but not sure who.
Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 08:35 - Dec 10 with 1958 viewsHerbivore

Sounds like they've got a really extreme case of McCarthy syndrome. They're a sh!tty little club that bought a Prem title back in the 90s and they would happily see the back of manager who has them punching well above their weight and sitting 4th in the Championship? Madness.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 08:48 - Dec 10 with 1875 viewsWallingford_Boy

Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 08:35 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

Sounds like they've got a really extreme case of McCarthy syndrome. They're a sh!tty little club that bought a Prem title back in the 90s and they would happily see the back of manager who has them punching well above their weight and sitting 4th in the Championship? Madness.

These clubs buying titles eh.... the nerve.

Oh.. hang on.

RIP Sir Bobby

Login to get fewer ads

Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 08:49 - Dec 10 with 1867 viewsDurovigutum

I have a story that concludes with me hanging my head in shame... Back in the 2006/7 season (can't remember exactly, think it was early December but it was cold and wet and dark) I was working in and around Portsmouth on occasions and stayed in a big chain hotel on the outskirts of town. I was in the bar with a work colleague watching the champions league game and having a chat with three people about the game and football in general. Next morning I get into a lift that contained Tony Mowbray and a couple of WBA players and it occured to me I'd been watching the football the night before with Mark Venus. And I hadn't recognised him. He'd even asked me who I supported and went on the wax lyrical about the club.
Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 09:04 - Dec 10 with 1770 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

He does not fill me with even the merest hint of excitement.
Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 09:08 - Dec 10 with 1741 viewsHerbivore

Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 08:48 - Dec 10 by Wallingford_Boy

These clubs buying titles eh.... the nerve.

Oh.. hang on.

We've bought midtable in League 1, mate. We need a refund.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 10:00 - Dec 10 with 1559 viewsGuthrum

Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 08:49 - Dec 10 by Durovigutum

I have a story that concludes with me hanging my head in shame... Back in the 2006/7 season (can't remember exactly, think it was early December but it was cold and wet and dark) I was working in and around Portsmouth on occasions and stayed in a big chain hotel on the outskirts of town. I was in the bar with a work colleague watching the champions league game and having a chat with three people about the game and football in general. Next morning I get into a lift that contained Tony Mowbray and a couple of WBA players and it occured to me I'd been watching the football the night before with Mark Venus. And I hadn't recognised him. He'd even asked me who I supported and went on the wax lyrical about the club.

People look different at close range and out of context. I know this from failing to recognise well-known musicians (including Jarvis Cocker) when I did volunteer stewarding at festivals.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 11:03 - Dec 10 with 1345 viewsbournemouthblue

Three years being a much of a muchness in the Championship, imagine that

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 11:51 - Dec 10 with 1223 viewsPositivelyPortman

Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 10:00 - Dec 10 by Guthrum

People look different at close range and out of context. I know this from failing to recognise well-known musicians (including Jarvis Cocker) when I did volunteer stewarding at festivals.

Jarvis who?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 12:25 - Dec 10 with 1125 viewsBluesky

Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 11:51 - Dec 10 by PositivelyPortman

Jarvis who?

Knock knock
Who's there?
Jarvis
Jarvis? Jarvis who?
That's showbusiness.
Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 13:40 - Dec 10 with 928 viewsBluespeed225

Blackburn fans on the Mowbray links to Ipswich. on 10:00 - Dec 10 by Guthrum

Often wondered why his 'Ipswich' song doesn't get an airing down the ground. Then again..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024