Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The more I think about it, the more I'd like to go with McGreal 10:01 - Dec 13 with 3021 viewsurbanblue

Until the end of the season.

Let's face it getting promotion is a bit of a long shot even with a new appointment coming in. McGreal has been working with the players for a good few days now and they certainly responded on Saturday. If a new man comes in it'll be a new start again and for sure wouldn't take charge until after Saturday. The players may well be getting used to McGreal and settling down now.

McGreal did alright under difficult conditions at Colchester. He comes across well in interviews and he might be a gem working with a more talented squad. People like Lowe and Manning all started from scratch and are proving talented so why not McGreal?

I say let's give him a go. We can take our time finding the new man for next season if it doesn't work out.
The more I think about it, the more I'd like to go with McGreal on 13:31 - Dec 13 with 300 viewsjayessess

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to go with McGreal on 13:29 - Dec 13 by Radlett_blue

While the list of candidates so far looks unimpressive, what would be the reaction to McGreal if he hadn't been a decent Town player for a few years? This buys him some initial goodwill, but it doesn't mean is more likely to be a good appointment. I suspect Ashton will pick someone with whom he has worked in the past.

Hard to rule out anyone at all if you're going to say "no one knows", yet everyone seems pretty certain that they don't want Neil Harris.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to go with McGreal on 13:40 - Dec 13 with 277 viewsRadlett_blue

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to go with McGreal on 13:31 - Dec 13 by jayessess

Hard to rule out anyone at all if you're going to say "no one knows", yet everyone seems pretty certain that they don't want Neil Harris.

Harris would be an uninspiring choice, but a 3rd tier team in mid season has to look through the list of available managers. While Cook hadn't done well, I think sacking him at this point, with no credible replacement lined up, was a poor decision & maybe Ashton wanted to impress the owners with his decisiveness, especially given Cook wasn't his choice. I'd rather stick with McGreal until the end of the season or get in a fire fighter like Warnock while we try to identify a suitable man to appoint at the end of the season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to go with McGreal on 15:00 - Dec 13 with 231 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to go with McGreal on 13:16 - Dec 13 by itfcjoe

I like the sound of a Manning or another young coach like that - or even someone with a bigger name with little experience as a manager who has earned their stripes as a coach.

Have very little interest in a manager with >150-200 games under their belt as I'd say those are either on the up and unobtainable, or have at best flatlined and won't be going to the top

A foreign appointment with a good pedigree would intrigue me as well

Wouldnt disagree, but I do think it will be easier to attract the likes of Manning in the summer. I would take McGreal for the remainder of the season if it meant getting the best candidate possible in the summer.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024